How are you feeling?

LoyalXenite

Quite sad... just learned that Billy Connelly's life is almost over. He has been battling Parkinson's disease for the last 7 years and apparently has cancer.
I've always loved this human being's mind set. Humble, cheeky, witty.. I went to see him at one of his shows once.
I loved his shows on tv where he toured countries on his trike meeting people and exploring places.

Yeah I saw an article about that too, a real shame, I'll miss his humor.

Haha you know what, keep your heat. There is nothing I love more than a forest covered in snow, and the colder it is, the fewer people there is.
No way dude, you already agreed to send us some cold, no backing out of the deal now!

Quite sad... just learned that Billy Connelly's life is almost over. He has been battling Parkinson's disease for the last 7 years and apparently has cancer.
I've always loved this human being's mind set. Humble, cheeky, witty.. I went to see him at one of his shows once.
I loved his shows on tv where he toured countries on his trike meeting people and exploring places.

Didn't Connolly get the all clear on that prostate cancer? :unsure: I'm almost sure he did, unless it's came back recently?

Anyway, my sister sent me a link, last night, to the interview Connolly gave to the Daily Mirror recently where he talks about his life being near the end. :cry: Made me appreciate that 2014 show in Glasgow I attended all the more. While it's sad, I found Connolly's perspective on his situation very moving. In that he isn't being downbeat about his Parkinson's disease. Though, Connolly rarely ever is.

LoyalXenite

Okay... feeling a bit weird now. Did my mother just take on board my complaints yesterday about how my nieces were pestering me most of the day yesterday? :eek: Cuz she just gone to see them, rather than my older sister and her kids coming to visit. o_O:oops::confused:
Glad she listened and took steps to make something better for you! Even if its something small

Marc7

I can relate; I've slept most of the last 2 days away because of boredom and subsequent depression.
It good to know someone relates. The problem is I can't sleep most of day because I won't sleep good at night and it hurts my eyes to sleep a long time other then night time sometimes. Although I tried. What do you suggest I do for boredom because of anxiety and lack of motivation?

It good to know someone relates. The problem is I can't sleep most of day because I won't sleep good at night and it hurts my eyes to sleep a long time other then night time sometimes. Although I tried. What do you suggest I do for boredom because of anxiety and lack of motivation?
It sounds lame but I'll sketch or try to do something else creative when I'm bored. Sometimes I'll spend all day in Photoshop or something similar. I used to enjoy After Effects for animation but I've had trouble running it on my current PC. They're all good options and none of them have killer learning curves, especially sketching. When I was a kid I'd write but I can't concentrate like I used to so that's pretty much out, plus I don't feel my writing talent has progressed like my artistic ability has.

TL;DR: I try to do something creative. :D

Fking FKED!! Fking pi ss ed off!! And damn angry too.

I'm at the mercy of other people for the next few days.. I've swallowed my pride and asked for help.. which is the first time ever I've asked for it. And what do they do?
Me; 'I really need help with this, it's quite an urgent matter for me'..
Them; "Oh we'll look into it and call you back today"..
Me; * looks at time.. 5:05pm.. no answer today. No call. Nothing.*
I fking hate people.

Each person is obviously different and for me, I find putting myself out of that comfort zone can help. I walk, ride, hike and go until it hurts. Then, when I'm hurting physically I tend to appreciate relaxing more.
The exercise is good and makes you feel better. Getting a bit of sun is too.
I was going to say pretty much the same thing (except for the comfort zone part). It's very difficult for me to be creative when I'm bored or depressed, as Fountain suggest to do. but going outside and move is easier because I can force myself to do so (I can't force myself to create). And it's waking me up. Each person being different as you say, and in my case I need to do a lot of sport to keep depression away from me, so if I'm bored and depressed it's usually BECAUSE I don't move enough....

Marc7

It sounds lame but I'll sketch or try to do something else creative when I'm bored. Sometimes I'll spend all day in Photoshop or something similar. I used to enjoy After Effects for animation but I've had trouble running it on my current PC. They're all good options and none of them have killer learning curves, especially sketching. When I was a kid I'd write but I can't concentrate like I used to so that's pretty much out, plus I don't feel my writing talent has progressed like my artistic ability has.

TL;DR: I try to do something creative. :D
Isn't Photoshop for altering pictures? I could use it for sketching? I don't think I'm the most artistic person. But I guess I could try it. Is it free for After Effects and Sketching apps? But I need options without a screen as well as I do spend to much time on the screen.

What do you mean by TL;DR? I know what it means but in what context?

Isn't Photoshop for altering pictures? I could use it for sketching? I don't think I'm the most artistic person. But I guess I could try it. Is it free for After Effects and Sketching apps? But I need options without a screen as well as I do spend to much time on the screen.

What do you mean by TL;DR? I know what it means but in what context?
Photoshop is kind of a misnomer these days, as you can use the program for a myriad of different graphic design purposes. As far as sketching goes, you could sketch in Photoshop if you had a tablet, Monoprice has some good ones at low prices, I have one myself... somewhere, but I meant them to be two separate things, sketching traditionally with a pad and pencil, not sketching digitally with Photoshop, sorry if I was being confusing. As for prices, there's a great free alternative to Photoshop called Gimp that's easy to find and download if you don't want to shell-out the cash for something you may not end-up liking. Gimp has a lot of the same features as PS, but literally costs nothing, I turned my cousin onto it years ago and it's the only editing program she's used since. After Effects is generally a video editing program but it's come a long way, so you can do some rather simple animations with it, it's not an app or plug-in for Photoshop or anything. Adobe has actually released programs strictly for animation in recent years so check out their site if that kind of thing interests you.

By TL;DR, I meant that if you didn't want to read all that stuff you could just try to combat your depression by sublimation, IE, using that destructive energy for something good or healthy such as drawing or digital painting.

I hope that helped.

I'm sick of myself now. :D

Good day!