How are you feeling?

S_Spartan

woke up this morning to the most horrid winds and the cold wet snow beating sideways on all the windows. the house was literally shaking. I was dreaming I was an artist and all my art was flying away on the wind, i thought the windows were going to break shards of sharp glass in on me. i was scared but was hoping i would die too.

That is an interesting yet scary dream! You ever have a really good dream and then wake up and realize that it wasn't real and then feel really disappointed all day?

MikeyC

How cool that you approached the girl and gave her your number. I'd feel very happy about that, if I were her.
You're so good with people, you can be proud of that!
Well, don't celebrate too much. She hasn't gotten in touch with me yet. I'm feeling very pessimistic about my chances of hearing from her now but maybe give it another day. After that I'm fairly certain she's not interested. I'm not surprised but it's still disappointing.

Overall, though, I am proud that I managed to do it at all. :)

I'm feeling peeved so I will vent about it here.

I have been talking to this local woman online since last July. It started out as daily emails and then last month we switched to texting. So we would text daily and just talk about our day, the weather, sports. Light stuff.

Then last week I noticed her tone had changed and her texts were short little statements and she didn't ask me any questions. So I figured I was getting the old fade out, lol, so I just quit responding all together.

Two days goes by and she comes back with "hi" and then once again doesn't seem too interested in talking. So once again I just decide to let it go.

Then a day goes by and again she sends a "hi" but still is like talking to the wall. Lol. So then today I send her a "hi" to which she responds with "hi".

I guess I will have to confront her about what is her problem but she doesn't seem like someone to tell personal problems and always says that she it "GREAT!".

If she doesn't wish to talk anymore that is fine but then she needs to stop with sending me the "hi" every other day. Lol. Or maybe that is what conversation has degraded to in 2014?

With my SA I have enough problems talking to people and making friends. I really don't need someone playing games with me!
Something has happened to her to make her not respond too much. I think you may need to ask her what's going on and, if she says everything is okay, tell her you've noticed a change in her tone and you want to make sure.

A better option would be to call her and have a chat, but I know that's difficult. Even better than that would be to meet her in person, since you said she lives locally, so that would be a good chance to talk to her in person and see what she's like personally, instead of through words on your phone.

I don't think it's you, because she's initiated texting, but something else in her life she's not sharing.

MikeyC

^ Holy mother of God forget what I just wrote she just texted me what do I do omg my heart is racing help me.... :eek:

Srijita52

I'm feeling peeved so I will vent about it here.

I have been talking to this local woman online since last July. It started out as daily emails and then last month we switched to texting. So we would text daily and just talk about our day, the weather, sports. Light stuff.

Then last week I noticed her tone had changed and her texts were short little statements and she didn't ask me any questions. So I figured I was getting the old fade out, lol, so I just quit responding all together.

Two days goes by and she comes back with "hi" and then once again doesn't seem too interested in talking. So once again I just decide to let it go.

Then a day goes by and again she sends a "hi" but still is like talking to the wall. Lol. So then today I send her a "hi" to which she responds with "hi".

I guess I will have to confront her about what is her problem but she doesn't seem like someone to tell personal problems and always says that she it "GREAT!".

If she doesn't wish to talk anymore that is fine but then she needs to stop with sending me the "hi" every other day. Lol. Or maybe that is what conversation has degraded to in 2014?

With my SA I have enough problems talking to people and making friends. I really don't need someone playing games with me!

Maybe just ask her if she's okay or say you're noticing that there's something off with her lately. Speaking of opening up, I don't easily open up to people, partly because it makes me uncomfortabe and partly because I don't want to come across as whiney. So when people ask me how I am, I always say I'm good even if I'm miserable. I often want to open up to people I'm close to, but I want them to want to listen to me, so I drop several hints and see if they push the issue further. Although its not obvious to everyone, I know. Hope she's not playing games and just going through something important.

S_Spartan

Maybe just ask her if she's okay or say you're noticing that there's something off with her lately. Speaking of opening up, I don't easily open up to people, partly because it makes me uncomfortabe and partly because I don't want to come across as whiney. So when people ask me how I am, I always say I'm good even if I'm miserable. I often want to open up to people I'm close to, but I want them to want to listen to me, so I drop several hints and see if they push the issue further. Although its not obvious to everyone, I know. Hope she's not playing games and just going through something important.

Thanks Srijita and Mikey. Maybe tomorrow I will send a text and say "hey, I notice you haven't been very talkative lately, is everything alright?"

Thing is, this woman is a very closed off person. She does not talk in depth about anything. After all these months I have no idea what she looks like, what part of the city she lives in, I barely know what her job is, if she has had any/many boyfriends, ect. EVERYTHING I have asked has been answered with very vague answers.

Like you, it does seem like she doesn't want to come across as whiny as she is usually mostly positive.

But she used to talk about our local sports teams and she doesn't seem to do that anymore. That is really how we started talking.

Neither one of us have pushed for anything romantic but I'm wondering if she is mad because I haven't. But she never really gave me any clues that she was expecting that and I don't even know who I am talking to so I haven't "gone there". Lol.

I don't do well with people who are so closed off and they give you no info to work with.

Srijita52

Thanks Srijita and Mikey. Maybe tomorrow I will send a text and say "hey, I notice you haven't been very talkative lately, is everything alright?"

Thing is, this woman is a very closed off person. She does not talk in depth about anything. After all these months I have no idea what she looks like, what part of the city she lives in, I barely know what her job is, if she has had any/many boyfriends, ect. EVERYTHING I have asked has been answered with very vague answers.

Like you, it does seem like she doesn't want to come across as whiny as she is usually mostly positive.

But she used to talk about our local sports teams and she doesn't seem to do that anymore. That is really how we started talking.

Neither one of us have pushed for anything romantic but I'm wondering if she is mad because I haven't. But she never really gave me any clues that she was expecting that and I don't even know who I am talking to so I haven't "gone there". Lol.

I don't do well with people who are so closed off and they give you no info to work with.
If she's that closed off, I would be a little cautious. But who knows, maybe she's just a very private person. Definitely try asking her.
Haha I should really try opening up more. I sometimes tend to forget that people can't read my mind. :D

MikeyC

You have nothing to lose by asking her. She might even appreciate that you've noticed. Ask her and see if she responds with something. Let me know how this goes. :)

MikeyC

It's probably too late but stay calm, relax, throw the phone in the toilet!!

I'm the last person that should give real advice on this. Good luck:thumbup:

OMG, how amazing! Good on you for getting out there Mikey :) Just take some deep breathes, you can do this :bigsmile:

That's awesome. Hope it went well. :)
Thanks, everyone. We texted for about an hour or more. She seems interesting and willing to talk to me, so that's good.

I do have a sneaking suspicion of a major age difference, though. I think she might only be 19 or 20. I hope that's not a deal-breaker for her!

Srijita52

Thanks, everyone. We texted for about an hour or more. She seems interesting and willing to talk to me, so that's good.

I do have a sneaking suspicion of a major age difference, though. I think she might only be 19 or 20. I hope that's not a deal-breaker for her!
Good luck! :)

singing-love

Age is just a number Mikey, best of luck! :bigsmile:

MikeyC

* The crowd roars*
I didn't realise I had an audience. ::p:

Age is just a number Mikey, best of luck! :bigsmile:
It is just a number, but it could be a big number if she's not okay with it. She doesn't know how old I am so once I reveal that, it might be a bad thing. I hope not, though. We'll see!

You're welcome Mikey. I'm hopeful it'll work out. :)
So am I. This is the best chance I've had since Fiona.

I want to text her now but I have no idea what to say. I feel like an awkward teenager. :shyness:

GraybeardGhost

I can feel it building again, the horror, the panic. A great wave swelling, rising, arching over, preparing to smash me against the rocks, to grind me into the sand. It's coming, but what can I do? I am driftwood. I am glass. I am lost.

MikeyC

I can feel it building again, the horror, the panic. A great wave swelling, rising, arching over, preparing to smash me against the rocks, to grind me into the sand. It's coming, but what can I do? I am driftwood. I am glass. I am lost.
:sad: Anything you want to talk about, mate?