How are you feeling?

U

user deleted

I feel a bit rubbish. I keep thinking about loneliness, mine and other people's. It makes me feel incredibly sad, guilty, and angry. Not just loneliness either, but suffering generally. It's so sad to think that as I'm typing this there's an immeasurable quantity of people who are going through untold troubles, and there's nothing I can do to help anyone. I spend so much time thinking about my own problems and stuck in my self-absorbed bubble I forget that there are people out there who are undergoing horrific ordeals. I feel guilty for obsessing over my problems today.

MikeyC

Tired. And finding my job quite tense at the moment. It's hard because I normally enjoy my job, but my workload is about to intensify massively and I'm worried I won't be able to keep up.
I'm rubbish at blocking thoughts of work out of my mind when I'm not there, much as I wish I could.
Oh well - bring on the weekend - a night on the town and then two whole days to do nothing but read and relax :)
If you feel your new workload is going to be over your head, speak up. Being overworked is a problem in a lot of workplaces and there's nothing shameful by letting your superiors know if you feel like you're going to be bogged down.

Night on the town sounds awesome. :) I hope you have fun. I haven't done that in a little while myself.

I feel a bit rubbish. I keep thinking about loneliness, mine and other people's. It makes me feel incredibly sad, guilty, and angry. Not just loneliness either, but suffering generally. It's so sad to think that as I'm typing this there's an immeasurable quantity of people who are going through untold troubles, and there's nothing I can do to help anyone. I spend so much time thinking about my own problems and stuck in my self-absorbed bubble I forget that there are people out there who are undergoing horrific ordeals. I feel guilty for obsessing over my problems today.
As much as it's unfortunate, we can't do everything. Obsessing about it will get us nowhere fast. ::(:

U

user deleted

As much as it's unfortunate, we can't do everything. Obsessing about it will get us nowhere fast. ::(:

I know.. I need to come around to the idea I can't fix everything, and I can't control everything. I guess it's about picking your causes.

MikeyC

I know.. I need to come around to the idea I can't fix everything, and I can't control everything. I guess it's about picking your causes.
Exactly. It would be nice to have that power to be able to fix everything, but one person can't.

Very depressed this week. My BDD has been going in overdrive. I barely want to go outside of the home.
Sorry you feel so bad, but hopefully it passes.

I started Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago. It's starting to go smoothly now. Every couple of days I'll meet a bump in the road. I've lost weight, but I'm not sure how much. I didn't have a scale when I started, so I'm not positive how much I weighed when I began. But I think I've lost about 10 pounds.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it. ;)

MikeyC

I started Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago. It's starting to go smoothly now. Every couple of days I'll meet a bump in the road. I've lost weight, but I'm not sure how much. I didn't have a scale when I started, so I'm not positive how much I weighed when I began. But I think I've lost about 10 pounds.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx it. ;)
Yay!! Good for you, super! Keep going with it and you'll feel so much better.

Like you, I didn't jump on the scales when I started, either, so I may have lost more than when I began recording it, but I'll just go by my current figures.

Congratulations on your achievement!

i am doing good. i am calm right now. it feels beautiful. i had a good day at internship and i actually helped other people in class and that makes me feel more confident :d. they were really thankful and i guess my mentor liked it too he smiled so . :) now im going to my therapist, have to walk to the location 30 minutes, and i am going to enjoy the fresh rainy air and i will talk to her about moving out, and get my own place. exciting.

planemo

Very depressed this week. My BDD has been going in overdrive. I barely want to go outside of the home.

i know how that feels, i'm really sorry. sometimes our inner feelings of low self esteem are transmitted to our outside being. so we feel ugly on the inside, and thus we appear ugly on the outside.

------------
for me i'm feeling confused at my behaviour. i don't enjoy attention at all really, and yet without it i feel alienated and ignored. :confused:

Chelovek

At the moment I'm very sad, I have a depressia... Depressia because of my stupid, not useful living death... I would be useful for people, but can't... And seat at home almost every day, but I want go out... Hate myself...

JuiceB

Okay but I could be better. Been wondering where my future is heading. That's probably one reason why I've been so depressed and lonely lately. It's also making me angry in a way. Angry at myself for not being strong enough to deal with "life's challenges" (aka crap). I guess I have no one to rely on but myself. Either I'll make something decent of myself or I won't.

Nathália

i am doing good. i am calm right now. it feels beautiful. i had a good day at internship and i actually helped other people in class and that makes me feel more confident :d. they were really thankful and i guess my mentor liked it too he smiled so . :) now im going to my therapist, have to walk to the location 30 minutes, and i am going to enjoy the fresh rainy air and i will talk to her about moving out, and get my own place. exciting.

:D

At the moment I'm very sad, I have a depressia... Depressia because of my stupid, not useful living death... I would be useful for people, but can't... And seat at home almost every day, but I want go out... Hate myself...

You're not stupid. Maybe you can help one person every now and then to help feel that drive and that need to want to be this thing for people. If you really can't control somethings, it has nothing do with your error. Maybe you can't help people in the ways that you want, but you as a person has the power to exchange emotions, thoughts and feelings with others and can make anyone's day.

Okay but I could be better. Been wondering where my future is heading. That's probably one reason why I've been so depressed and lonely lately. It's also making me angry in a way. Angry at myself for not being strong enough to deal with "life's challenges" (aka crap). I guess I have no one to rely on but myself. Either I'll make something decent of myself or I won't.

The far future, no one will knows where they'll be. Life's challenges and struggles are just that, setting time for your self where you practice not worrying about those things helps. I'm sorry Juice B.

knowledgeofself

bit p***ed off. just got someone calling me an idiot on ebay after I left him negative feedback.
the guy was selling 2 games and that were overpriced on postage and packaging and also lied in the description about the condition of the games. now its not like i'm totally dissatisfied with the games themselves its more that i'm pointing out how people like him need to be made known to the marketplace for the way they do business.

after I bought them I messaged him asking if he could combine the postage and packaging into one envelope as they were two gameboy carts which are small in size and would easily fit into one package. he didn't get back to me for a while, when he did he gave some story about how one game is at his daughters while the other is with him so he has to send them separately, I then ask him if he can lower his p&p price since it was higher than most of other peoples that are selling just carts by themselves, almost double the price of what a lot of other peoples price is. he doesn't agree, I pay for the games anyway since I had bidded on them.

fast forward a day or so,
they arrive and I see that one doesn't match the description that he gave which was "like new" and "fantastic condition", it had scratches and it was quite grubby and discoloured. certainly didn't match up to what he wrote.
again my problem is more his lying about the products he is selling. so after this I looked in detail at the packets. the envelopes were quite cheap, they were standard letter envelopes, the sort you would pay about 5-10p for. I checked the post office stamps and they say £1.85 on each one ,to protect the carts he wrapped it around a small torn piece of bubble wrap which looks like its from a bag thats been cut into sixths so that would be 1/6th of the cost of a mailite bag if he was actually decent enough with his money to buy one, the other one was packaged the same way inside. he was charging £2.60 to send each one. also the handwriting style was pretty much identical on both envelopes and the stamps has a consecutive number indicating they were paid for at the same time. the pics on the auction show the carts were taken in identical places.

so this story of one cart being at one place and the other at his doesn't really match up with what he is saying or at least it seems quite suspect that he is lying about how he can't combine the postage. I left him negative feedback pointing out the inaccuracies and a few hours later I check and see that he has left two negative comments which appear as green positive feedback.

its not like I do this sort of thing on all transactions I make,most go smoothly and although some people seem unwilling to negotiate with things like combined postage they generally act fair and don't over-charge, a lot of people are upfront and don't lie. when I get a suspicion a person is unscrupulous and likely or showing tendencies to con people that i'd do something like this. I kind of felt the marketplace needs to be aware of people like this, there was another negative comment on his feedback where someone had bought something for their car that they were unsatisfied with.

TheTemp

Wonderful :) Just went bar hopping with a friend, we talked about our childhoods, politics, love, it was a really nice evening. Now time to indulge in a big meal (yes mom, this is going directly to my thighs) and watch movies. :D

Nathália

bit p***ed off. just got someone calling me an idiot on ebay after I left him negative feedback.
the guy was selling 2 games and that were overpriced on postage and packaging and also lied in the description about the condition of the games. now its not like i'm totally dissatisfied with the games themselves its more that i'm pointing out how people like him need to be made known to the marketplace for the way they do business.

after I bought them I messaged him asking if he could combine the postage and packaging into one envelope as they were two gameboy carts which are small in size and would easily fit into one package. he didn't get back to me for a while, when he did he gave some story about how one game is at his daughters while the other is with him so he has to send them separately, I then ask him if he can lower his p&p price since it was higher than most of other peoples that are selling just carts by themselves, almost double the price of what a lot of other peoples price is. he doesn't agree, I pay for the games anyway since I had bidded on them.

fast forward a day or so,
they arrive and I see that one doesn't match the description that he gave which was "like new" and "fantastic condition", it had scratches and it was quite grubby and discoloured. certainly didn't match up to what he wrote.
again my problem is more his lying about the products he is selling. so after this I looked in detail at the packets. the envelopes were quite cheap, they were standard letter envelopes, the sort you would pay about 5-10p for. I checked the post office stamps and they say £1.85 on each one ,to protect the carts he wrapped it around a small torn piece of bubble wrap which looks like its from a bag thats been cut into sixths so that would be 1/6th of the cost of a mailite bag if he was actually decent enough with his money to buy one, the other one was packaged the same way inside. he was charging £2.60 to send each one. also the handwriting style was pretty much identical on both envelopes and the stamps has a consecutive number indicating they were paid for at the same time. the pics on the auction show the carts were taken in identical places.

so this story of one cart being at one place and the other at his doesn't really match up with what he is saying or at least it seems quite suspect that he is lying about how he can't combine the postage. I left him negative feedback pointing out the inaccuracies and a few hours later I check and see that he has left two negative comments which appear as green positive feedback.

its not like I do this sort of thing on all transactions I make,most go smoothly and although some people seem unwilling to negotiate with things like combined postage they generally act fair and don't over-charge, a lot of people are upfront and don't lie. when I get a suspicion a person is unscrupulous and likely or showing tendencies to con people that i'd do something like this. I kind of felt the marketplace needs to be aware of people like this, there was another negative comment on his feedback where someone had bought something for their car that they were unsatisfied with.

You had a right. He lied about a products quality, he should work on fixing the problem for his customers and not hiding them. Anyone would be mad if they paid for what they didn't want.

Phoenixx

Frustrated and confused.

I'm still struggling in one of my online classes -- one I hate with a passion, and I'm mighty close to failing. The third or so week of school I had sought out a tutor and study area to get help with it because it didn't take long until I was lost with the material. The help was good, and I was doing better on quizzes, average anyway. This past week though, the college moved everything. My tutor is now in a writing center, which consists of a small space with tables and computers, filled with people talking and coming in and out constantly -- not someplace where I can even begin to concentrate. She also doesn't have nearly the full hours she used to, due to rotating work schedules in her new position, so getting help now from her is pretty much out of the question. The quiet study area is still available where I was before, but there's no extra help I can get while I'm in there.

I'm still struggling with homework, but only with the participation which involves a discussion forum on the course webpage. I can answer the questions provided fairly well, but it's the communicating with other people I can't do. I've been trying a little more recently to post feedback, since I was only getting half the points before from not discussing since I'm completely terrified of the place. It's not enough though, and halfway through the semester now I don't know if I can even get my grade up. My professor, I'm just kind of realizing, grades mostly on socialization I think. She's smart, I won't deny that, since her tests usually throw me for a loop and I really have to stop and think about every question. But that's the thing. My quizzes/tests aren't fantastic, but I pass. The homework I always pass. Apparently with her it's not the material, it's talking to people? :confused: I just don't get it, and she's not a person to offer chances to boost your grade. She's a hardass, to put it bluntly. I feel as bad as I did last year when I failed chemistry at university. I hate trying and trying and not getting anywhere. I feel so worthless.

I hadn't dropped this course at all because I already dropped another course right when the semester started due to my schedule being pretty overloaded to start with and not being able to get to school the hour I had it. That left me at 14 credits, needing 12 in order to get financial aid. Just the other day the college decided to inform me (now they inform me! that stuff was issued nearly 3 weeks ago!) that my financial aid changed (when I received quite a bit last year) and that I was receiving less than $1000, plus even with that I have over $900 left to pay off. My mom said that her and my dad will pay for it, but it just makes me feel guilty. My dad will most likely have a fit though since he's so financially uptight. He doesn't even know yet and I haven't had the backbone to tell him, nor has my mom even talked to him.

I can still drop this stupid course, I have two weeks left to withdraw. But if I do, that bumps me down to 11 credits, and if that happens then I'm pretty sure I won't get any financial aid at all, leaving me to pay even more. I don't know if I can switch into another course, since that would mean trying to make up half a semester's worth of material. I just don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday to speak with my advisor about it. Sorry for the wall of text. ::(:

knowledgeofself

You had a right. He lied about a products quality, he should work on fixing the problem for his customers and not hiding them. Anyone would be mad if they paid for what they didn't want.

yea exactly, he showed no shame either after I had pointed it out and even tried to turn it around on me making me seem like the bad guy.i'm worried he'd do it again to someone else on a product someone will pay a lot of money for, I saw on his feedback that the person who last complained also received negative feedback being called an idiot.

Nathália

Wonderful :) Just went bar hopping with a friend, we talked about our childhoods, politics, love, it was a really nice evening. Now time to indulge in a big meal (yes mom, this is going directly to my thighs) and watch movies. :D

Wonderful. You're not a big girl though temp. :confused: I don't see where that would come from. Have fun with your scrumptious meal. Glad you had a good day.