How are you feeling?

MikeyC

Frustrated and confused.

I'm still struggling in one of my online classes -- one I hate with a passion, and I'm mighty close to failing. The third or so week of school I had sought out a tutor and study area to get help with it because it didn't take long until I was lost with the material. The help was good, and I was doing better on quizzes, average anyway. This past week though, the college moved everything. My tutor is now in a writing center, which consists of a small space with tables and computers, filled with people talking and coming in and out constantly -- not someplace where I can even begin to concentrate. She also doesn't have nearly the full hours she used to, due to rotating work schedules in her new position, so getting help now from her is pretty much out of the question. The quiet study area is still available where I was before, but there's no extra help I can get while I'm in there.

I'm still struggling with homework, but only with the participation which involves a discussion forum on the course webpage. I can answer the questions provided fairly well, but it's the communicating with other people I can't do. I've been trying a little more recently to post feedback, since I was only getting half the points before from not discussing since I'm completely terrified of the place. It's not enough though, and halfway through the semester now I don't know if I can even get my grade up. My professor, I'm just kind of realizing, grades mostly on socialization I think. She's smart, I won't deny that, since her tests usually throw me for a loop and I really have to stop and think about every question. But that's the thing. My quizzes/tests aren't fantastic, but I pass. The homework I always pass. Apparently with her it's not the material, it's talking to people? :confused: I just don't get it, and she's not a person to offer chances to boost your grade. She's a hardass, to put it bluntly. I feel as bad as I did last year when I failed chemistry at university. I hate trying and trying and not getting anywhere. I feel so worthless.

I hadn't dropped this course at all because I already dropped another course right when the semester started due to my schedule being pretty overloaded to start with and not being able to get to school the hour I had it. That left me at 14 credits, needing 12 in order to get financial aid. Just the other day the college decided to inform me (now they inform me! that stuff was issued nearly 3 weeks ago!) that my financial aid changed (when I received quite a bit last year) and that I was receiving less than $1000, plus even with that I have over $900 left to pay off. My mom said that her and my dad will pay for it, but it just makes me feel guilty. My dad will most likely have a fit though since he's so financially uptight. He doesn't even know yet and I haven't had the backbone to tell him, nor has my mom even talked to him.

I can still drop this stupid course, I have two weeks left to withdraw. But if I do, that bumps me down to 11 credits, and if that happens then I'm pretty sure I won't get any financial aid at all, leaving me to pay even more. I don't know if I can switch into another course, since that would mean trying to make up half a semester's worth of material. I just don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday to speak with my advisor about it. Sorry for the wall of text. ::(:
I read this whole thing. I don't really know what to say. ::(: Keep pushing along and I hope you'll be okay.

Phoenixx

Oh and if that wasn't enough, for most of the week now I've been feeling sick. I won't go into details, as it's slightly personal and maybe tmi, but my whole body has basically been hurting and aching (sharp pains, throbbing pains, you name it) and I just feel nauseous and dizzy off and on continuously. I have a doctor's appt. on Tuesday thankfully, but I just have to suck it up for the next 4 days.

Phoenixx

I read this whole thing. I don't really know what to say. ::(: Keep pushing along and I hope you'll be okay.
^ It's okay, Mikey. I'll figure something out, hopefully. At this point, I'm just so tired of it I'm almost to the point where I don't care. Like, I just want to drop the course completely, screw financial "aid." I feel like I got screwed over enough, what more is another few hundred dollars?

MikeyC

Oh and if that wasn't enough, for most of the week now I've been feeling sick. I won't go into details, as it's slightly personal and maybe tmi, but my whole body has basically been hurting and aching (sharp pains, throbbing pains, you name it) and I just feel nauseous and dizzy off and on continuously. I have a doctor's appt. on Tuesday thankfully, but I just have to suck it up for the next 4 days.
Damn. ::(: That's really awful, Phoenixx. Good luck.

^ It's okay, Mikey. I'll figure something out, hopefully. At this point, I'm just so tired of it I'm almost to the point where I don't care. Like, I just want to drop the course completely, screw financial "aid." I feel like I got screwed over enough, what more is another few hundred dollars?
Yeah, I know that. You're at the apathy stage where it just doesn't matter anymore. I think you should drop the course if it's giving you too much stress, and then confront your penny-pinching dad (maybe your dad and mine could get together!) about the costs of the courses.

If I can do anything, let me know.

Nathália

Frustrated and confused.

I'm still struggling in one of my online classes -- one I hate with a passion, and I'm mighty close to failing. The third or so week of school I had sought out a tutor and study area to get help with it because it didn't take long until I was lost with the material. The help was good, and I was doing better on quizzes, average anyway. This past week though, the college moved everything. My tutor is now in a writing center, which consists of a small space with tables and computers, filled with people talking and coming in and out constantly -- not someplace where I can even begin to concentrate. She also doesn't have nearly the full hours she used to, due to rotating work schedules in her new position, so getting help now from her is pretty much out of the question. The quiet study area is still available where I was before, but there's no extra help I can get while I'm in there.

I'm still struggling with homework, but only with the participation which involves a discussion forum on the course webpage. I can answer the questions provided fairly well, but it's the communicating with other people I can't do. I've been trying a little more recently to post feedback, since I was only getting half the points before from not discussing since I'm completely terrified of the place. It's not enough though, and halfway through the semester now I don't know if I can even get my grade up. My professor, I'm just kind of realizing, grades mostly on socialization I think. She's smart, I won't deny that, since her tests usually throw me for a loop and I really have to stop and think about every question. But that's the thing. My quizzes/tests aren't fantastic, but I pass. The homework I always pass. Apparently with her it's not the material, it's talking to people? :confused: I just don't get it, and she's not a person to offer chances to boost your grade. She's a hardass, to put it bluntly. I feel as bad as I did last year when I failed chemistry at university. I hate trying and trying and not getting anywhere. I feel so worthless.

I hadn't dropped this course at all because I already dropped another course right when the semester started due to my schedule being pretty overloaded to start with and not being able to get to school the hour I had it. That left me at 14 credits, needing 12 in order to get financial aid. Just the other day the college decided to inform me (now they inform me! that stuff was issued nearly 3 weeks ago!) that my financial aid changed (when I received quite a bit last year) and that I was receiving less than $1000, plus even with that I have over $900 left to pay off. My mom said that her and my dad will pay for it, but it just makes me feel guilty. My dad will most likely have a fit though since he's so financially uptight. He doesn't even know yet and I haven't had the backbone to tell him, nor has my mom even talked to him.

I can still drop this stupid course, I have two weeks left to withdraw. But if I do, that bumps me down to 11 credits, and if that happens then I'm pretty sure I won't get any financial aid at all, leaving me to pay even more. I don't know if I can switch into another course, since that would mean trying to make up half a semester's worth of material. I just don't know what to do. I guess I'll just have to wait until Monday to speak with my advisor about it. Sorry for the wall of text. ::(:

Girl. I was so stressed out my last two blocks. Usually I make good grades, but not this time. I know that stress. I have to 2 responses 4 days a week to a class mate. College can be effing stressful, especially for people with anxiety. Phoenixx I know you're trying your damn hardest, I know.

Phoenixx

Yeah, I know that. You're at the apathy stage where it just doesn't matter anymore. I think you should drop the course if it's giving you too much stress, and then confront your penny-pinching dad (maybe your dad and mine could get together!) about the costs of the courses.

If I can do anything, let me know.
^ Yeah we definitely need to sit down and talk or do something. He has off from work the next 4 days, so I'll definitely try to talk to him sometime during then.

Oh and anything eh? Well get me a plane ticket and a nice hotel reservation nearest to the beach because I need a vacation!

Girl. I was so stressed out my last two blocks. Usually I make good grades, but not this time. I know that stress. I have to 2 responses 4 days a week to a class mate. College can be effing stressful, especially for people with anxiety. Phoenixx I know you're trying your damn hardest, I know.
^ Yes, agreed. I have gotten better about my grades, believe it or not. I was worse all through school growing up, nothing below an A was good enough for me. While I can be happy and content with Bs and Cs now, failing still terrifies me and almost always sends me into this depressing state of mind.

Last edited:
I'm pretty bummed out. My cat has a wound on his paw again, and I have no idea how he got it. I tried to clean it water but that ripped it open again...

He seems to be fine as long as I don't touch it, so I'm gonna leave it alone until we can take him to the vet on Monday. I do have some medicine I can give him to stagger infection and reduce pain until then.

1person

I'm feeling a little down today, I didn't get too much done than what I think I should have done. I haven't been online in awhile and I've missed so many msgs I guess I'm going it alone tonight.

I've walked past this restaurant for the past hour, I might go in but need to get a bit comfortable, I'm going to be the only one at a table it might be awkward.

dottie

feeling like i need an organized visible cue...

TO DO:
* take-in skirt (so that it fits and i can wear it)
* take pics of junk and post on etsy
* quilt
* vacuum vehicle
* return paint trays/tools to mom

DONE:
(saturday)
* measure plastic planter - 12 inches
* touch up paint on ceiling
* clean cabinets
* clean every pot and pan in cabinets
* fill holes with expanding foam
* sweep & mop place
* cook/ eat/ cleanup
* laundry
(sunday)
* finish book
* paint door
* sweep & mop laundry area
* wash bedding
* finish crocheting swiffer-cover
(monday)
* thrift store drop-off
* grocery shopping

Last edited:

MotherWolff

Banned
I just feel plain today. Nothing to do but to use the computer, exercise, play the Xbox 360, and type up my book. Sounds pretty lame I know....

Srijita52

Frustrated and confused.

*hugs* Phoenixx, I know uni can be really tough, hang in there.
I don't feel so good....man... so many mixed emotions.
I hope you're feeling better by now.

Phoenixx

*hugs* Phoenixx, I know uni can be really tough, hang in there.
^ Thanks, Srijita. :)

I'm feeling very lazy and unmotivated today. I haven't done a thing all day except sit around on the computer and eat food.

Well, I did clean up my room, but that's about it. I haven't even touched my homework. It's not a lot, but I do still have a test to take online. It won't happen until tomorrow though. :p

Phoenixx

Change that feeling to now pissed. :mad: I just went to check on the test I had to take and the deadline was noted as October 12th, 11:59pm. Her announcement said October 14th. She's been unavailable all week and won't be back until Monday, I think. So I can't even e-mail her to open the test up because of her mistake.

Ugh, pisses me off. :mad: I seriously hope I can drop this course. I'm so tired of it and tired of her. I don't normally dislike teachers, but I've put up with this too long.

Nathália

Change that feeling to now pissed. :mad: I just went to check on the test I had to take and the deadline was noted as October 12th, 11:59pm. Her announcement said October 14th. She's been unavailable all week and won't be back until Monday, I think. So I can't even e-mail her to open the test up because of her mistake.

Ugh, pisses me off. :mad: I seriously hope I can drop this course. I'm so tired of it and tired of her. I don't normally dislike teachers, but I've put up with this too long.

::(: .......... * nudge* *nudge* * back pat *