How are you feeling?

Starry

That's awful. I hope she gets well soon.

Thank you. :)

Sorry to hear that your baby is hurt! ::(:Might be good to at least get her on a course of antibiotics so the wound doesn't get infected. Hope she's better soon!

We have some antibiotics left over from last time she was ill (a course worth in fact... ) If she shows signs of infection then I'll definitely give them to her.
Thank you! :)

Right now, I'm still feeling guilty and negative about everything... Plus tomorrow my husband's mother and little sister are coming to visit for a couple of hours... I don't think I can face them with how negative I feel now... I'll hide in the bedroom with a book and pretend I'm ill.

coyote

Back from my date - first time I'd met this guy. I think this has some potential - he's very funny, laid back and into a lot of the same things I'm into. I think I need to pursue this, even though the thought of any kind of commitment usually freaks me out, I think I need to be a bit more relaxed about it all and take things slowly.
We have already kissed haha.
Maybe I should give this a go instead of worrying about the future too much. I feel very comfortable around him already.

that's awesome! =^]

as i've tried to say before, i think it works better when we allow a relationship to grow and develop as it will - rather than setting out to define it and then trying to make everything fit into that

when do i get to meet the boy?

Last edited:

twiggle

That's awesome twig. I'm really happy for you. :) I agree, try not to think too much, just concentrate on getting to know each other better. Good luck!

Funny is always good! Sounds like a nice guy! :)

that's awesome! =^]

as i've tried to say before, i think it works better we we allow a relationship to grow and develop as it will - rather than setting out to define it and then trying to make everything fit into that

when do i get to meet the boy?

Thank you all. I'm definitely going to play this one slowly and patiently. We've both said we'd like to meet again. My problem is (and it's my fault) I get so scared of commitment that I tend to cut the ties with men before I've even given it a real chance. I don't like messing anyone around, which is good, but it does mean I don't tend to give much chance for a real relationship to develop. It's always 'easier' just to be single and free but perhaps I just need to do as you say coyote and see how things develop rather than 'define' it too early on.

But for now, Twiggle is very happy with her new find :)

JuiceB

Restless. All day long. As soon as I got home my mind suddenly went blank. What is wrong with me?

Pretty awful! In that I've no been gettin' much sleep, lately.

Ma mind doesn't seem tae shut f**k up when I'm tryin' to sleep. :mad: If anything, my brain becomes overactive at night. In that I think about creative ideas - most of which still go unrealised. Also, I usually end up I thinking up stupid, random, s**tty jokes. :D :rolleyes: Why?! I don't know... :confused:
I get that alot too. I tried Gaba because its suppose to help relax the mind but it didn't work for me.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Restless. All day long. As soon as I got home my mind suddenly went blank. What is wrong with me?

I get that alot too. I tried Gaba because its suppose to help relax the mind but it didn't work for me.

What's Gaba, if you don't mind me asking?

Labyrinthine

Ouch. I banged my knee on a door knob, and oh my good golly. I've got a nice golf ball shape growing from my knee now.
I'm so graceful xD

Therapy went okay. So did the doctor. The worst part was that my car wouldn't start for 15 minutes after my second appointment was over. It does not like the heat.

Chess

Pretty good. Started learning how to make animated avatars today, so soon I'll start using my own creations.

Phoenixx

Back from my date - first time I'd met this guy. I think this has some potential - he's very funny, laid back and into a lot of the same things I'm into. I think I need to pursue this, even though the thought of any kind of commitment usually freaks me out, I think I need to be a bit more relaxed about it all and take things slowly.
Maybe I should give this a go instead of worrying about the future too much. I feel very comfortable around him already.
^ That's great! :) He sounds like a pretty awesome guy.

Phoenixx

How dare you! You know that GIFing is my job! ;)
^ Hey now, someone has to do it when you're not posting away here. ::p:
I was dying to post that gif though. Misha's adorableness shall never be ignored!

I feel absolutely ****ty. Today was my mother's birthday. We went out for lunch and my sister spent a good portion of the time telling us about her recent trip to Europe. Then the tides turned to me. Both my mother and sister started to analyze my life situation in the restaurant. Eventually we took the discussion outside. It just got worse from there. I hate having these discussions with them because 1) they always have some truth in them (especially the kind of truths people don't want to hear) and 2) I feel like no matter what I say, I'm always in the wrong. They both have a response/answer/comeback for everything and I don't feel like I ever get my point across.

Pity and guilt are pretty much character traits that are passed on genetically in my family. My mom told me today that she doesn't ever want to be to me what her mother is to her: someone who uses guilt and pity to make you feel obligated to do something. Then she says that she loves me SO much that she is willing to do whatever it takes to help me get better, including getting out of my life completely. If I say to her that the things she says to me sound like guilt, she'll just come back with "well, that's not what I intended it to sound like." Alright. I've lost that battle as well. And it's not just that I've "lost" the battle. It's that I feel like my feelings are being invalidated. "Well mom, when you say that you had to get help and get better when you were my age because you had a husband and two kids and you wish I had something in my life to get better for, it makes me feel like you are saying I have nothing in my life to live for." "You know that's not what I meant!" Okay. I'm wrong yet again. I feel like a child when she and my sister talk to me.

I see both my therapist and doctor tomorrow. That should be insane. And then I have a job interview on Friday. (How come there is no overwhelmed emoticon on here? If there was ever a site that needed one...) I keep trying to cry because I feel it welling up inside me, but nothing comes out. ::(:
^ Sorry to hear that yesterday didn't go so well. I don't think it's fair they started analyzing you. I understand their concern, but sometimes how family presents it isn't always the best for us.

In my family, I believe it's pretty much in the genetics that causes mothers and daughters to not get along at all. (that sounds a little strange, I know) My mom and her mom never got along, my grandma and her mom never got along either I don't think (I do know that they were incredibly different), and now I've been facing the same issues the past 7 years. As much as we talk sometimes, we also butt heads just as often. I can't be open with her about my problems, she just wouldn't understand. She sometimes mocks where I am now with my life and where I should be, and she's also been putting more and more stress on me recently. She sometimes compares me to some aspects of my brother or that of my friends. I'm not like any of them, I am me and me only. Tonight she started ragging on me again about getting my license and saying how I should have it by now, that I should've had it a few years ago. The thing of it is, my brother never really needed to be taught and he was ready to get his license before he was 16. He's just incredibly naturally good at it, and well, I'm not. I've had to be taught this whole time and having SA doesn't help matters any.

Sorry I'm ranting about my license again, but my point is I get what you're going through with your mother. I suspect as I get older, I still won't stop hearing the complaining from mine, where she thinks I should be, or what I should and shouldn't be doing. I understand she worries about me, I get it she's concerned, but how she comes across isn't beneficial to me. If anything, it's more negative.

Last edited:

Etbow23

Stuck.

I wish i had never moved here. But it's not like other college students who simply go and live in a dorm. My mother has a house here, made me basically the manager of it, getting two roommates who I don't like and supervising everythng, brought my car, my boyfriend, who brought his car...furniture, my cat...

Weirdest thing happened! Met another girl from Washington DC area, WENT TO SAME HIGH SCHOOL. different year, of course. She's really homesick and said that after this semester, she wants to just move back and go to UM Baltimore. And I realized how much easier it would be for her to go back--by airplane or something, and probably her parents paying for it. also since she's a freshman, not a transfer student like me, she wouldn't lose a bunch of credits transferring again.

I just want to go home. I miss dc, maryland, everything. i just feel really stuck.

MikeyC

Okay, a quick run-through of my last 6 or so weeks:

Right now, I feel okay. That hasn't been the case for most of my time away from here, though. I had been terribly depressed about a range of issues, and I was wondering what I was going to do to get out of that mess. I was uncaring about just about everything. I started to feel better, then crashed again about three weeks ago, and now I'm on the improve once more.

These ebb and flow of emotions and mental states is tiring. Therapy is helping to a degree, but I'm more okay with the idea of trying anti-depressants if it happens to come to that.

I'm on a weight loss kick. So far I'm down to 91.4kg (201.5lb) and I would love to get down to 85kg (187.4lb), but for now I'll try to get to below 90kg, which will happen hopefully in a couple of weeks time if I stick to it. That's the main problem: sticking to it. So far, so good, but it's too easy to fall back to bad habits. I have to be very vigilant about it.

Without boring anyone or making this too long, I'll leave it there. I hope everyone is going great. :)

Phoenixx

Okay, a quick run-through of my last 6 or so weeks:

Right now, I feel okay. That hasn't been the case for most of my time away from here, though. I had been terribly depressed about a range of issues, and I was wondering what I was going to do to get out of that mess. I was uncaring about just about everything. I started to feel better, then crashed again about three weeks ago, and now I'm on the improve once more.

These ebb and flow of emotions and mental states is tiring. Therapy is helping to a degree, but I'm more okay with the idea of trying anti-depressants if it happens to come to that.

I'm on a weight loss kick. So far I'm down to 91.4kg (201.5lb) and I would love to get down to 85kg (187.4lb), but for now I'll try to get to below 90kg, which will happen hopefully in a couple of weeks time if I stick to it. That's the main problem: sticking to it. So far, so good, but it's too easy to fall back to bad habits. I have to be very vigilant about it.

Without boring anyone or making this too long, I'll leave it there. I hope everyone is going great. :)
^ Glad to hear you're improving, but that emotional rollercoaster is never fun. I'm tired of it myself.

Good luck with your weight loss! Sounds like it's going pretty good already. :)

MikeyC

I didn't know you were dating! Go twiggle! Sometimes we can't choose when or why we start dating, so just take it as it is. Maybe you're not looking for anything long-term in your heart, so just have fun and maybe something more serious will develop in the future. You're a lovely girl so I hope it continues to go well. :)

Therapy went okay. So did the doctor. The worst part was that my car wouldn't start for 15 minutes after my second appointment was over. It does not like the heat.
Damn car! But I'm glad the therapy and the doctors went well.

Really good. :) I had a waaaay better day than I was expecting.
Oh, that's great! What happened?

MikeyC

^ Glad to hear you're improving, but that emotional rollercoaster is never fun. I'm tired of it myself.

Good luck with your weight loss! Sounds like it's going pretty good already. :)
I can understand that. One constant mood, even if it's mediocre, means you know where you stand.

Thank you. :) I was tempted today with a chocolate biscuit, so I had one and one only. I did good to restrain myself. It's going well at the moment, but when I get really depressed, that's when the test begins.