How are you feeling?

Phoenixx

Tired, mostly content, but still feeling a little bothersome about tonight.

I went to a cousin's house tonight since her town was having fireworks and we usually watch them with her and the rest of their family. This is part of my mom's side of the family, and I don't particularly care for them. Mostly because they just added to my depression when I was younger (when it was at its worse), and now they hardly pay any attention to me. They're very social people, so my brother gets along great with them. They don't understand me, I'm so quiet, so they basically think I'm a freak. I only went tonight because 1) I haven't seen fireworks in a while, and 2) I wanted to get out of the house.

Well fireworks sucked -- they were short and weak :p, her daughter was rude to me as usual (for a 12 year old, she is the prissiest ***** I've ever met. No lie.), and only two relatives actually talked to me, to everyone else I don't really exist. The whole ignoring me thing doesn't bother me too much anymore though, I'm used to it. It's her daughter that gets to me, and I have to keep reminding myself that she's 12 and just a prissy little kid and I shouldn't listen to a word she says. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the good news is that I think I finally found my niche with driving: at night. I drove for the first time today at night. I love it. It's quiet, it's dark so people can't look at you, and I'm absolutely no where near as anxious as I am during the day. My mom even commented about it, saying she was surprised how well I did. :D Makes me happy to hear that. Now.... can I take my driver's test at night? :rolleyes: I need to get better with daytime driving. That's such a pain.

MikeyC

I am sick of taking notice of how I feel. I feel very alien today, and fiendish. It's weird. Yesterday I was so dedicated to heart soul and health but now i'm so dedicated to losing myself. How'd I get here again?
Yeah, this can happen, unfortunately. From one day to the next your mood can change dramatically. I'm sorry you feel this way.

The whole ignoring me thing doesn't bother me too much anymore though, I'm used to it. It's her daughter that gets to me, and I have to keep reminding myself that she's 12 and just a prissy little kid and I shouldn't listen to a word she says. :rolleyes:
You're right: she's 12 and you really shouldn't listen to anything she says. Maybe she'll grow out of it, or maybe she'll carry around a chip on her shoulder well into her teens and adult life. Don't worry about her, especially if you don't see her often.

Anyway, the good news is that I think I finally found my niche with driving: at night. I drove for the first time today at night. I love it. It's quiet, it's dark so people can't look at you, and I'm absolutely no where near as anxious as I am during the day. My mom even commented about it, saying she was surprised how well I did. :D Makes me happy to hear that. Now.... can I take my driver's test at night? :rolleyes: I need to get better with daytime driving. That's such a pain.
Well, that's really good! Once you get more comfortable with night driving, you will get better with daytime driving, too. Good luck, Phoenixx. :)

MikeyC

A friend of mine sent me a text saying he was going to kill himself. He hasn't done so and he's at work now, but it has put me on edge and saturated with worry. He keeps saying he plans to suicide but this message was more final than the other ones. I try to be of help to him but nothing I say is helping. I don't know what to do anymore.

hidwell

A friend of mine sent me a text saying he was going to kill himself. He hasn't done so and he's at work now, but it has put me on edge and saturated with worry. He keeps saying he plans to suicide but this message was more final than the other ones. I try to be of help to him but nothing I say is helping. I don't know what to do anymore.

Perhaps you could phone the Samaritans or Life Line, to see if they can help you with what to say to him.

dyingtolive

I never felt so weird in my life! I just came home from the elementary school reunion, from a very nearby bar. First off I was surprised how easy I greeted my former classmates and all, talked a bit about each other's studies, jobs, etc... Then I started to worry a bit that I'm the only dumb guy who's sitting there not starting conversations. Some of them went to city to party, and it was embarrasing to tell that I'm not going, sorry, I'm very tired, etc.
I really had stress on me, because I had the will to talk to them, but I had no strength to do it. Anyway my former teacher even tried to persuade me to join them, but I was really relentless about it, because there was a big "NO, NEVER" in my head. Of course, how could they know that I wouldn't have fun with them, because I never have fun that way, I would feel uncomfortable. In the meantime its the most natural thing for others that they hang out somewhere and get into an ecstasy...

im sorry to hear daniel.. atleast u went to the reunion thats a big step already... and maybe u can stay in touch with them and more gatherings will pop up in the future, or even more mini reunions.. i guess atleast its practice, and next time u are in a situation where ur invited to go out of ur comfort zone, ud maybe entertain the thought next time

but just the opportunity to stay in touch with childhood friends is great... and i am envious of course of ppl who do stay in touch w friends. i have never stayed in touch or been to reunions.. but i would love to gather the courage one day if the opportunity arises.. again.

in an article of the biggest realizations of a dying man, staying in touch with friends or people was on the top 5..
congrats for at least trying and attending the reunion, u can still stay in touch

Last edited:

Srijita52

I'm sorry Mikey, I hope he'll be okay.

Srijita52

I never felt so weird in my life! I just came home from the elementary school reunion, from a very nearby bar. First off I was surprised how easy I greeted my former classmates and all, talked a bit about each other's studies, jobs, etc... Then I started to worry a bit that I'm the only dumb guy who's sitting there not starting conversations. Some of them went to city to party, and it was embarrasing to tell that I'm not going, sorry, I'm very tired, etc.
I really had stress on me, because I had the will to talk to them, but I had no strength to do it. Anyway my former teacher even tried to persuade me to join them, but I was really relentless about it, because there was a big "NO, NEVER" in my head. Of course, how could they know that I wouldn't have fun with them, because I never have fun that way, I would feel uncomfortable. In the meantime its the most natural thing for others that they hang out somewhere and get into an ecstasy...
I'm sorry Daniel but I agree with dyingtolive you went and you should give yourself credit for it.

Srijita52

Thanks, Srijita. Overall I don't think he's going to be okay but he's fine for now. We'll see how it goes.

How are you going?
I understand, and I know you're trying your best to help. I'm glad he's fine for now though.
I'm alright, just learning real life's quite hard, specially when you're socially anxious.
How are you?
I am sick of taking notice of how I feel. I feel very alien today, and fiendish. It's weird. Yesterday I was so dedicated to heart soul and health but now i'm so dedicated to losing myself. How'd I get here again?
It happens, our moods can really confuse us sometimes.
Tired, mostly content, but still feeling a little bothersome about tonight.

I went to a cousin's house tonight since her town was having fireworks and we usually watch them with her and the rest of their family. This is part of my mom's side of the family, and I don't particularly care for them. Mostly because they just added to my depression when I was younger (when it was at its worse), and now they hardly pay any attention to me. They're very social people, so my brother gets along great with them. They don't understand me, I'm so quiet, so they basically think I'm a freak. I only went tonight because 1) I haven't seen fireworks in a while, and 2) I wanted to get out of the house.

Well fireworks sucked -- they were short and weak :p, her daughter was rude to me as usual (for a 12 year old, she is the prissiest ***** I've ever met. No lie.), and only two relatives actually talked to me, to everyone else I don't really exist. The whole ignoring me thing doesn't bother me too much anymore though, I'm used to it. It's her daughter that gets to me, and I have to keep reminding myself that she's 12 and just a prissy little kid and I shouldn't listen to a word she says. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, this is the exact reason why I tend to avoid some of my family members. Don't let her get to you, hopefully she becomes more mature as she grows up.
I'm glad, I'm sure you'll be better at driving during the day too.

KiaKaha

Banned
Thanks, Srijita. Overall I don't think he's going to be okay but he's fine for now. We'll see how it goes.

How are you going?

I dont know the absolute context of this situation, but if you think he may kill himself then there needs to be an immediate intervention from people that can help him. If he is OK for now thats good, but if there is a real emergency then I would call an ambulance or the police - I do hope it's not as dramatic as all that and I hope he is fine.

MikeyC

I understand, and I know you're trying your best to help. I'm glad he's fine for now though.
I'm alright, just learning real life's quite hard, specially when you're socially anxious.
How are you?
Life's hard even for the confident people. My confident, outgoing, personable friend even believes it's hard, and it is. We just try to get by as best we can. I'm sorry it's even harder for you, though.

I'm okay. A bit sad now that my friend's texts have happened.

I dont know the absolute context of this situation, but if you think he may kill himself then there needs to be an immediate intervention from people that can help him. If he is OK for now thats good, but if there is a real emergency then I would call an ambulance or the police - I do hope it's not as dramatic as all that and I hope he is fine.
He won't kill himself in the short term. If he wanted to he would've done it already and not text me at 4am about his issues.

He's already seeing a psychologist and was supposed to go to social skills training (he skipped it because he thought there was no point). He's stopped taking meds because he wants to "embrace the depression," or something to that effect. I do fear for him but I can tell there's a glimmer of hope in him, otherwise he wouldn't talk to me about his issues.

If I am too scared for his welfare, then yes, I will take more action.

Srijita52

Life's hard even for the confident people. My confident, outgoing, personable friend even believes it's hard, and it is. We just try to get by as best we can. I'm sorry it's even harder for you, though.

I'm okay. A bit sad now that my friend's texts have happened.
Yeah, I agree. I guess we can just try in our own way.
I'm sorry, I hope things do get better with him although I know sometimes its very hard to fight with depression.

MikeyC

Yeah, I agree. I guess we can just try in our own way.
I'm sorry, I hope things do get better with him although I know sometimes its very hard to fight with depression.
That's right. All of us are doing the best we can with the limited resources we have.

It is very hard. I'm chatting about it with someone else and it's bringing all my thoughts out. It's not good, but then again it is good because it's best to come out than to fester inside.

Srijita52

That's right. All of us are doing the best we can with the limited resources we have.

It is very hard. I'm chatting about it with someone else and it's bringing all my thoughts out. It's not good, but then again it is good because it's best to come out than to fester inside.
I agree, I think its better to let it out, I'm glad you're talking about it.

Daniel089

Are you happy with what you got out of it, or do you think it wasn't complete and that you missed out on something by not joining in with the others?

I know I wouldn't be happy later if I joined them. I think i missed out talking with others in the reunion and though not everyone went into that other club, it was weird how it ended for me. I didn't become smarter or something

Srijita52

I know I wouldn't be happy later if I joined them. I think i missed out talking with others in the reunion and though not everyone went into that other club, it was weird how it ended for me. I didn't become smarter or something
Don't be too hard on yourself Daniel. If you think going to the other club would make you feel less happy than its okay that you didn't. Also you did talk to some of them which is good.