How are you feeling?

Nathália

Proud of my son. :D

I'm glad for you guys, he is lucky because he has a very concerned mother.

sunday night just not the best timing to feel miserable. friday night i wouldnt mind.

I understand, stress at the being of the week is killer. I hope you go the rest you needed.

I am feeling abandoned, lost, angry, and depressed. Ive been in this depressed state for weeks and I can't get out of it. I'm angry that no one in my family seems to care how sad ive been. I'm angry that this is my life and no matter how hard I try to fight the monsters in my head they just seem to get stronger and stronger.

I feel you so much that you speak my exact feelings at the moment. I hope you can find a way to relax. How is exercising still going for you?

Gaaahh! I'm pretty bored and down a bit. I decided to come out to my folks place for the night since its fathers day but I don't know why I even bothered, me and my dad aren't even on speaking terms, so it's just the three of us sitting here while me and my dad kinda glare at each other while my mom constantly talks about **** I don't want to hear just to break the awkward silence. Also, out of my boredom, I just joined some dating site, not to date, just to try and meet new people but I don't really see that happening. But it's kinda weird, all the profiles I've looked at are just people trying to get laid with inappropriate pics to show off their ass or cleavage. I dunno, it just seems odd to advertise yourself in that manner. They grumble on about how sweet they are, then BAM, there's a close up of her boobs or showing off how flexible they are, how could I befriend someone with so little self respect? Plus who would wanna talk to an ugly, unemployed pothead with no confidence?

Sorry, drummer. If their object is to get laid I don't think they would much care for you either. You're not ugly and yea many people are against pot and sometimes treat unemployed people different. You seem like would be totally fun to be around, you have a interesting and great personality. I hope you find someone to connect with.

Scared actually and back at the doctors. I can't go through that again. Please God let it be a nasty coincidence. I only just got better. ::(:

Ohh, sorry :-(

lonely_drummer

I'm sorry you had a bad time with your parents.
Yeah, that's really shallow. I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself but I'm sure there'll be people who would love to befriend you.

Yeah, everytime is a bad time with my folks, we just don't see eye to eye. Me and my mom keep the peace but I have to bit my tongue most of the time but me and my dad can't speak to each other without arguing. The last time me and him had an actual conversation was over a year ago. I was about to go on tour with the band I was in at the time and literally an hour before I left, he pulled me to the side and said, "I don't know what's wrong with you, it's probably too late anyway but if you go through with this music bulls h i t, don't even f u c k i n think about setting one foot back into this house!". Those were his exact words, which will forever be imbedded in my head. He wont even sit at the same table as me for supper. I overheard my mom complaining to him later about not sitting with us and I heard him say, "I can't even look at him without seeing complete failure". Then I couldn't really make out what he said next but heard him say later, "he's just a f u c k I n g idiot!". I've learnt to not really care what he says but still, hearing that definitely stung quite a bit. No one seems to accept me for me, so how the **** can I learn self acceptance?

Srijita52

Yeah, everytime is a bad time with my folks, we just don't see eye to eye. Me and my mom keep the peace but I have to bit my tongue most of the time but me and my dad can't speak to each other without arguing. The last time me and him had an actual conversation was over a year ago. I was about to go on tour with the band I was in at the time and literally an hour before I left, he pulled me to the side and said, "I don't know what's wrong with you, it's probably too late anyway but if you go through with this music bulls h i t, don't even f u c k i n think about setting one foot back into this house!". Those were his exact words, which will forever be imbedded in my head. He wont even sit at the same table as me for supper. I overheard my mom complaining to him later about not sitting with us and I heard him say, "I can't even look at him without seeing complete failure". Then I couldn't really make out what he said next but heard him say later, "he's just a f u c k I n g idiot!". I've learnt to not really care what he says but still, hearing that definitely stung quite a bit. No one seems to accept me for me, so how the **** can I learn self acceptance?
Wow the things he said to you are truly awful. I'm so sorry drummer. I don't think you're an idiot, just because you're different from him doesn't mean you're a failure.

hidwell

I real feel for you, you shouldn't have to listen to that kind of bull**** from your Dad. He obviously doesn't deserve to have you for his son, you are 10 times the man he is.:mad:

Nathália

::(: Those are some strong words to say. It's not wrong that you're pursing your dreams and sorry that person is not there to support you. You stay strong.

lonely_drummer

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. You're the first people to hear that story. My mom doesn't even know the real reason why I never came back, she doesn't need to know plus I don't feel it's my responsibility to tell her, it's his. But whatever, I've done all I can do so it's in his court now and if he wants to be a bitter *******, well that ain't my problem

MikeyC

The last time me and him had an actual conversation was over a year ago. I was about to go on tour with the band I was in at the time and literally an hour before I left, he pulled me to the side and said, "I don't know what's wrong with you, it's probably too late anyway but if you go through with this music bulls h i t, don't even f u c k i n think about setting one foot back into this house!". Those were his exact words, which will forever be imbedded in my head. He wont even sit at the same table as me for supper. I overheard my mom complaining to him later about not sitting with us and I heard him say, "I can't even look at him without seeing complete failure". Then I couldn't really make out what he said next but heard him say later, "he's just a f u c k I n g idiot!".
So he said this...yet you can still find the time to be with him on Father's Day, despite the fact that he doesn't even want you there, despite the fact you're doing a nice gesture?

The fact you even went over there is good enough. Why do you not cut him out of your life completely?

I am feeling abandoned, lost, angry, and depressed. Ive been in this depressed state for weeks and I can't get out of it. I'm angry that no one in my family seems to care how sad ive been. I'm angry that this is my life and no matter how hard I try to fight the monsters in my head they just seem to get stronger and stronger.

I'm So Sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. You are in a harsh period of time and I think you deserve care. I'm sorry your family doesn't react on it like you need it so much. Just know, if they don't show sympathy, it doesn't mean directly that they hate, or not like you, or not want to share sympathy, it could be that they don't know how to help you, and feel lost and despair too, though they don't want to make it worse for you by showing so, or that they might be frustrated, and you think you're being ignored while they just want change, for you and them. Maybe you have a feeling of wanting to take things under control (like i am, and used to be, i'm fighting to get rid of it) that you want people to always listen to you, when you are sad, while they have a life too, i know, it's not selfish at all, while some people might say it is, our heart wants it, we need understandment, just because we have to know they are okay with us, even when we are negative. and when they don't hear us, we can even feel worse. though, we can't control things, nor other people, nor the future. They have their way of reaction, and we have ours. We just have to accept that, and i know it's hard, but maybe learning to get more independent helps, or trying to help yourself, i might be assuming things wrong, but it's something i want to share, if you feel so upset about ppl not caring about you. Cuz in fact, most people do care.

Just ask yourself, is there any reason why they don't care? or is it just a reaction, that isn't a fact of not showing care but just a ''irrational thought by behaviour conclusions''?

and don't resist things in your life, that is the worst thing you can do and makes you only go negative and down-wards to darkness, because resistance is the break of acceptance, and accepting things makes it much easier on you, and makes yourself get not so harsh on your own thoughts. You are telling yourself this, STOP IT.

You have to think of your good traints and qualities.

oh and those monsters, bring them back to bed, like Monster & Co, they are just good, because you are the owner of your thoughts, none monsters, they are just becoming like monsters indeed, but you can kick them away from you.

lonely_drummer

So he said this...yet you can still find the time to be with him on Father's Day, despite the fact that he doesn't even want you there, despite the fact you're doing a nice gesture?

The fact you even went over there is good enough. Why do you not cut him out of your life completely?

I pretty much only came over for my mom. She's pretty keen on keeping the family together so I figured it's not a big deal if I come over and have dinner. He's the one with the problem, not me, so I figure he's the one that's suffering. He can be a dick if he wants, it won't change who I am. Plus I'm not one for holding grudges, I've learnt that it causes more pain in the long run.

MikeyC

I pretty much only came over for my mom. She's pretty keen on keeping the family together so I figured it's not a big deal if I come over and have dinner. He's the one with the problem, not me, so I figure he's the one that's suffering. He can be a dick if he wants, it won't change who I am. Plus I'm not one for holding grudges, I've learnt that it causes more pain in the long run.
Maybe you don't hold grudges, but that doesn't mean you have to put up with his filth. Maybe your mum needs to divorce him.

Seriously, he sounds like an ass. Sorry.

lonely_drummer

Maybe you don't hold grudges, but that doesn't mean you have to put up with his filth. Maybe your mum needs to divorce him.

Seriously, he sounds like an ass. Sorry.

No need to be sorry, he is an ass and i have been wondering why my mom hasn't left him. Oh well, can't do much about it and I'm not about to put any effort into it either. I see my mom maybe once every 2 weeks and I don't see him unless I come out to their place which is once in a blue moon, so I'm fine with that

MikeyC

No need to be sorry, he is an ass and i have been wondering why my mom hasn't left him. Oh well, can't do much about it and I'm not about to put any effort into it either. I see my mom maybe once every 2 weeks and I don't see him unless I come out to their place which is once in a blue moon, so I'm fine with that
I guess that's okay, then. Your visit today probably fills your quote for the next 18 months. :)

Nathália

That's good that you don't let your father bother you. Just like my father " Ion be stunin dat fooooooo!!!!" Life goes on.

I feel like my world is falling apart, i am in the classroom and ppl were talking about travelling if we ever would with class, and the teacher said ''I will chose who will be couples'' and one guy said, ''there is only one person i don't want to be going with, and that's a girl'' and i'm the only girl in class of all the boys, i really feel rejected right now.

I guess it's because I always avoid them and I never talk to them, that it makes me look boring. I'm really feeling sad right now. Extremely saD.

Last edited:

Nathália

I feel very sad right now, i am in the classroom and ppl were talking about travelling if we ever would with class, and the teacher said ''I will chose who will be couples'' and one guy said, ''there is only one person i don't want to be going with, and that's a girl'' and i'm the only girl in class of all the boys, i really feel rejected right now.

I guess it's because I always avoid them and I never talk to them, that it makes me look boring. I'm really feeling sad right now. Extremely saD.

How ignorant. I'm very sorry he had the nerve to say some mean mess like that.
You know people like that I think even if I wasn't shy I would stonewall the mess out of them.
I'm so sorry :-(

Last edited:

Srijita52

I feel like my world is falling apart, i am in the classroom and ppl were talking about travelling if we ever would with class, and the teacher said ''I will chose who will be couples'' and one guy said, ''there is only one person i don't want to be going with, and that's a girl'' and i'm the only girl in class of all the boys, i really feel rejected right now.

Oh that sucks. I'm sorry.

Paddy1984

This may not be the case with your classmate but if he's anything like me he might actually secretly like you. I know i've said things like that because I actually wanted the opposite, kinda like using reverse psychology to trick your teacher into pairing you up.