How are you feeling?

Kiwong

Last year I told the truth about my anxiety, and some people chose to not believe me. To write about it honestly and to still encounter insinuations of dishonesty and disbelief was extremely hard to deal with.

Dead_on_Arrival

Last year I told the truth about my anxiety, and some people chose to not believe me. To write about it honestly and to still encounter insinuations of dishonesty and disbelief was extremely hard to deal with.

I can sympathise with you whole heartedly. Not a single member of my family believe me when they were told about my OCD, so I have never told them about anything else. My wifes family on the other hand understand due to a lot of them having issues or have seen their children with psych problems.

I am sorry it that did not work out so well for you Kiwong::(: That was a very brave thing to do. I could never muster the courage to do that. It is a shame there are some people that are unable to show compassion for varied reasons.

MikeyC

I did that recently with a mate of mine and he's choosing not to believe I have any social anxiety, as well. I'm almost sorry I told him. Almost.

As for you, I'm sorry that has happened. You should bring up with these people how their reactions are affecting you and they're being plain selfish. They may not change their attitudes but it will allow you to get some pain off your chest.

Feeling amazing - just finished a Boxercise class - such a high :)
I'm breathless just thinking about it!

MikeyC

Happy. :) Got to talk to one of my best friends twice this week. That never happens! Haha
Well done! Some of my besties live far away so it can be hard for me, too. I know what it's like and you're probably in the same boat.

I hate how I can go from feeling content to really pissed off and hateful. Funny how just small things can provoke it, too.
Sorry to hear it, portrait. I'm the same - something as small as a throwaway comment can trigger negative emotions, so it's never a good thing to be that fragile. Try to focus on yourself for a little while and hopefully it'll pass.

Stuck in a rut.
That's because you're a Queenslander! ::p:

I'm just kidding. What's wrong, my friend?