How are u dealing with the pandemic and lockdowns?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
As an introvert and SA sufferer, the lockdown side of things is easy peasy lol.
As far as work is concerned I'm in an industry where we are required to go to work so at least I have some job security as far as that goes. I feel sorry for those people who have lost their jobs through no fault of their own though.

Phoenixx

On the social side of things, or rather lack of, I don't mind. Spending time at home doesn't bother me as long as I have plenty of things to do.

As for having to shop and get necessities, that's where it sucks. It took a whole week to receive any supplements and litter for my cat and puppy food for the dog. I couldn't get them anywhere else besides chewy. Grocery stores are having trouble keeping up with demands. (more like greed...)

My cat is still sick too, unfortunately. She had a good few days and relapsed a little this morning so I had to take her to the vet. Given state mandates right now, I couldn't even go inside to her appointment. I had to drop her off at the door, head back to my car to wait, and let them take her. Then they called me before administering any medication, then called again to check out.

I'm also laid off for 3 weeks as well because of this. I definitely don't mind since I hate my job, but not having a paycheck kinda sucks. I applied for unemployment until I go back.

theoutsider

Let's see. I get to work from home. I get to sleep later. I don't have to deal with traffic. I'm cooking at home and eating healther instead of grabbing breakfast and lunch at fast food restaurants. Therefore, I'm also saving money. When I do have to go out, I get what I need quickly then get out as fast as possible. Nobody at the stores want to be sociable. When I run into neighbors, none of them want to start small-talk conversations. This is pretty much like some bizzarro-world vacation for me.

Last edited:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Not too many change either. I'm working from home so I don't have money problems for now. The gym is closed and so are the parks, so that pisses me off. But there is ways around that. People are still calm in my part of the world. I went to have a walk today and the people I crossed path with were smiling at me like they just realized life is worth living :unsure:

Phoenixx

I'm in the 'at risk' group , so prepped for this from January onwards. Then I heard a friend died of it over the weekend, I had a panic and asthma attack in the middle of the night, so it's suddenly gotten tough.
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Hope you're able to grieve okay and stay safe. This whole mess of a situation has wound up being tough for a lot of people.

PugofCrydee

Not locked down as such... but its my day off of.. 1 of 3... and I'm getting stuck into the drink.. fuck I feel good.
There's a small part of me that hopes 90% of humanity dies from this bullshit. Of course that's not going to happen. but I can dream can't I?

Last edited:

Kiwong

The social stuff I was involved in has ended for now. I was kind of enjoying it. You wouldn't want to get reliant on social connection, because it becomes hard when it is withdrawn.

All fun runs have been called off, including one I entered. Nearly everyone is working from home. There is an emptiness, an apocalyptic taint to it all.

Still I ca n enjoy running and bushwalking.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Coping better than ah thought I would. Kinda bored, but I’m trying to occupy my time. Mainly working some new music, as well as getting my external hard drives backed up to discs.

Still worrying about my Mum as she’s in the at risk group. Every time she coughs I have to remember she’s got asthma. That said, I’m going out for walks more than ah did in the last 4 years. Though, my mother’s not too happy being stuck in the house, as she likes going to get the shopping, paying the bills and buying her magazines. And she’s getting sick of the BBC News coverage changing the TV schedule, as she missing a couple of TV shows that she likes to watch.

I'm in the 'at risk' group , so prepped for this from January onwards. Then I heard a friend died of it over the weekend, I had a panic and asthma attack in the middle of the night, so it's suddenly gotten tough.
You have my condolences, Remus. Stay safe.

It's also been changing during these 2 weeks of being-confined-at-home, I'm starting to feel the need to go out but can't really do so without a valid reason, the government is restricting leisure walks to 1 hour and within 1 Km (0.62 miles) of one's place.

w*n*c*a*m

I’m a homebody so it’s not a big deal for me. However, I still miss our family dine out or casual strolling during off days.

Jobwise, my second job cancelled all my shifts for next week and would be informed till further notice. We are still in the initial phase of this covid situation so I’m assuming this will go on for atleast 2 more months.

On the positive side, I am focusing again on doing exercise and meditation plus I have more time with my games lol.

I'd like to know how any of you might have felt when walking back outside after several days of confinement if it applies.

After more than 2 weeks at home, I felt good around people again and somewhat more assertive, like when telling them to back off (Ironic, I know...)

PugofCrydee

I'd like to know how any of you might have felt when walking back outside after several days of confinement if it applies.

After more than 2 weeks at home, I felt good around people again and somewhat more assertive, like when telling them to back off (Ironic, I know...)
I had to go to the supermarket this morning. As I stood at the checkout a woman came and stood so close she could have licked my ear..lol.
I just politely asked her to move back and she did, she apologized and I honestly think she had just forgotten in that moment.
It's taking some getting used to and every now and then I have to remind myself of the new 'social distancing' measures in Australia - stand no closer than 1.5 meters to anyone at any time. I think here in Oz, the vast majority are doing a good job. The streets are empty, people are staying 1.5 meters apart.. most people are doing the right thing and staying home.

We'll beat this. Science will win the day with a vaccine and life will return to normal.