Height and woman

Josh90

Woman, do you consider a guys height and weight when deciding on a relationship? would you consider 5'7 short?

mizzmeg

Well I am only 5'2 ... so as long as the guy is a bit taller than me I am happy ... and me being short makes that kinda easy ... lol .....

littleneko

5'7 isn't short.
Weight is more a personal preference tho, just depends on the woman.
I am 5'3 and my bf is 5'8. He looks tall to me! :)

Flanscho

Well, I think that women who choose only tall guys are the same as guys who only choose women with huge boobs. They can do that, of course, it's their choice. But... Well, first I think it depends on how important that is to her. If they'd never consider a guy unless he has a certain height, I'd consider that woman then to be very surficial, since things like a persons character are to her not as important as that persons height. It's also quite stupid, because she might have missed the love of her life, only because that person was maybe a few centimeters too short.

In addition, I think that the amount of women in a country who only want tall men says something about the situation of equal rights in the mind of that countries society.
Like, in a country in which women consider men to be superior and to be the natural leaders, there are more likely to be women who want to be the small cutey harmless sidekick, that gets protected by the powerful strong man. In a country in which women consider themselves to be equal, also do not have as much of a need for a man who physically towers above them to remind them of their status as weak property, but they themselves take measures to protect themselves.
Of course, I don't say that all women who want a tall man want to be treated like pets and trophy wifes. But still, seen on a nationwide scale I think that what I said makes sense.

I myself am a few centimeters shorter than the average german guy. Not much. I still have male friends who are shorter than me, and nearly all women are shorter than me as well, so it's not as if I'm constantly raging at the world for being a few centimeters shorter. But when I read, for example, on a dating site the profile of a woman, and the dating site claims that we're the perfect couple, and that according to her profile and questions and everything we fit perfectly together and live in the same town, and then I read that she only dates men of a certain height, then I'd never message her, even if I'd be that tall, simply because she is such a superficial person.

Last edited:

Silatuyok

I definitely consider height. 5'7" or 5'8" is perfect. I've dated taller guys, but I just don't find them to be as attractive.
Really, it depends entirely on an individual woman's preferences. You can never lump women together and say "well, most women like tall men so I'm screwed," because you never know, the love of your life just might think you are the perfect height.

coyote

While the average height for a male is currently 5'10" in America (and Australia), the average female height is still only 5'4"

so 5'8" or even 5'7" still allows you to see the top of most girls' heads

and all the other parts usually line up just fine no matter what height you are :thumbup:

Phoenixx

I'll admit that super tall guys are a turn on for me, but just because a guy isn't tall doesn't mean I won't like them any less. (I was attracted to a guy in high school for the longest time that was only 5' 3".) Weight also doesn't matter to me either, as long as they appear healthy it's okay. (I've been attracted to heavier guys and lanky guys equally.) What it really boils down to though is personality. A guy might be physically appealing to me, but if I don't get along with him well and/or I'm not attracted to his personality, then all those physical things don't really matter.

Hope for Hobbits:)
Sounds like a non-profit organization. hahahaha
^ Hahaha, can I join? :giggle: I'm 5'0". Hobbitses need love.

Kiwong

Man, do you like woman?
Women want man?
Man need women?
Man, women, woman, man, men?
Mens, womans, Mans, Womens?

Last edited:
I'm 6'1" and my old lady is 5'1". That's like 1.83 and 1.5 something meters. That much of a height difference makes things challenging sometimes.

Hoppy

There was a clown in a South African Circus called Tickey, and he was a dwarf.

He admitted that women were fascinated by him, and he said: "When we are face to face my toes are in it and when we are toe to toe my face is in it."

dottie

i am attracted to those with a similar stature and weight as me. i can overlook many physical characteristics in a partner but fat is not one of them. i'm sure i have lots of flaws that many people would consider deal-breakers for them, too.

really, attraction is a package deal. so, while he may be deficient in one area, he may compensate in another. he can look like brad pitt but if he is irresponsible and doesn't have a pot to piss in, forget it: null/void/utterly repugnant.

Last edited:

LazyHermitCrab

Well it seems a bit small to me, but only cuz I'm a 5'8 female and above average height-wise. Anyway... I see many guys at 5'7 who are cute... like Daniel Radcliffe is quite attractive in my opinion. (Wow actually he's 5'5) Plus you only need one girl right? I hope :p

Biev

Nope, don't care at all! I've been with guys of all shapes and sizes. My current boyfriend is 5'4" and he is melt-my-face gorgeous.