Getting out of bed

Hottie

I find it so hard to get out of bed sometimes that i will actully allow myself to go hungry. Sometimes it can lead to me being physically not able to eat due to over-hunger and feeling sick.

But if i have nothing to do for the day, do i have to get up? I know that i need something to motivate me to get up, but i try and think...yet nothing.

I want to have a reason to get up in the mornings or even in this case at 2.00pm, i still havnt moved or found a good enough reason.

Do you have to drag yourself out of bed like i do?

Hottie

okay, i really think i need to get up now ha im getting that sickening feeling of over-hunger.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I find it so hard to get out of bed sometimes that i will actully allow myself to go hungry. Sometimes it can lead to me being physically not able to eat due to over-hunger and feeling sick.

But if i have nothing to do for the day, do i have to get up? I know that i need something to motivate me to get up, but i try and think...yet nothing.

I want to have a reason to get up in the mornings or even in this case at 2.00pm, i still havnt moved or found a good enough reason.

Do you have to drag yourself out of bed like i do?
As a rule, I find that my obligations to others are more compelling than doing things for myself. This applies to both getting up in the morning and my lack of motivation when I'm depressed.

Specifically, for me it's my animals. I have a hungry baby bull that needs feeding every morning, and a dog, and cats that need to be let out. Me going hungry is one thing, but letting a baby starve is entirely another.

As a rule, I find that my obligations to others are more compelling than doing things for myself. This applies to both getting up in the morning and my lack of motivation when I'm depressed.

Specifically, for me it's my animals. I have a hungry baby bull that needs feeding every morning, and a dog, and cats that need to be let out. Me going hungry is one thing, but letting a baby starve is entirely another.

And that's why Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn is super amazing. Can you provide pronunciation?

Getting out of bed? Easy. Consistency. Body is a system. For it to function properly, sleep, up, eat. Sounds silly and really not a real reason at all. But an empty stomach for one who suffers from slight IBS is a good reason to get up and fill.

EscapeArtist

I usually sit in bed all day as well. I don't think it's healthy for energy either. Now even sitting up feels like a hassle. Nathan, that's a very good idea/post.

bsebring

I always lay in bed at least two hours before I actually get up. Working midnights has had a really bad effect on my sleep cycle. I couldn't fall asleep until 5:30 in the morning yesterday and I just woke up (it now being 1pm). I hate this. I know it's just temporary until I get back into school but still, it really sucks.

Mickery

Set an alarm and put it way out of reach. You'll probably get up, turn it off and then go back to bed anyway, but it'll get you in the habit of waking up and moving around at that time.

Got a coffee machine? If you're feeling clever, you could buy one of those timer plugs and set it for a few minutes before the alarm goes off, so coffee is already going and smelling good by then.

What about exercise? As a Hottie I'm sure you're in great shape already, but a few stretches or something more first thing can wake you up and have you feeling more energetic in general. If at some point you're feeling active enough, an early-morning run or walk or something feels terrific whether you're a morning person or not.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I rush outta bed to sit and type on my computer that I rush outta bed to sit and type on my computer...

=/ what a hard life, boy Im living it up.

Kiwong

I have more problem with not being able to sleep, that was when I was drinking lot of Pepsi Max. Generally I sleep pretty well, I am up early most mornings.

lunarla

I like sleep way too much. So yeah, gets pretty difficult to pull myself out of that sometimes.

Mokkat

easy, I can describe the solution in two words: Stationary PC :)

Other than that, engage in hobby activities, play guitar, draw, cook a great meal, etc

Nanita

I used to get up very late! And I would stay in bed for an hour after waking up.
But now I am not as depressed as I used to be, therefore I guess I do have some motivation/exitement about getting up. I just get up to start the day... Have a shower, drink tea, check emails, go for a walk. It´s not that I have much to do (or much to live for) but I just.. try to exist and function and not be too miserable, cause this life will last another 5 decades or so.

R3K

i drank this Relaxzen drink i found at a store and it made me super tired last night and i actually fell "asleep" rather early for once (around midnight). it wasn't great sleep and i felt like i wanted to stay in bed until noon+ anyway, but there was a bug or spider crawling around and i got pissed and jumped up when i felt it go over my chest. Put some music on and was able to get myself going at an early ass 9am. I haven't woken up before 1pm or 2pm more than 3 or 4 times in the past year, so this was kind of an accomplishment for me... thanks to the bug/spider::(:

Fighter86

Its the hardest part of my day, getting out of bed, seriously. On my work days, I have to drag myself out of bed in the mornings. On my day off, I just mop around in bed till noon, then perhaps get something to eat, continue napping, and then the whole day passes just like this, in fact, its close to 5 pm now, and I don't know where the day has gone to. Done nothing except ate, slept, read papers and surfed SPW.