getting de-friended on facebook

Do you ever get de-friended on fb and not understand why?
I must admit i'm not a frequent user of fb but upon going on recently i discovered a couple of my former work friends are now gone off my facebook.

Does anyone know whats the purpose of doing this is?...i mean just becasue you havnt spoken to them for ages??? its not like your profile is causing any inconvience to them...it means they physicaaly have had to make the consious effort to click that button, but why? is it a chore if you have too many friends on your list if you want to chat to the regular ones or somthing?

For me i've only ever did this to someone whos been mean to me....i couldn't give a rats who else is on my list. maybe i'm just reading too much into this..but thats what having SA does to oneself.

this_portrait

Some people (well, more like a lot of people) don't seem to like doing all the communicating and get fed up if you put in little to no effort, even if it is just online.

jonas89

I have sometimes wondered why ppl de-friend me, but maybe it's because I was never really a friend to them in general :p

as for now Im trying to take a break from Fb for sometime because it's a little in my way of studies,, but now Im concerned by doing so I'll hurt certain ppl that I'm used to talk to everyday there ( Online friends ) and Im wondering if they're willing to talk to me again when I get back there :p

Remus

Staff member
I did recently, I don't miss them, the guy was like a 12 year old and always having tantrums.

Do they still have profiles up? Could they of just deleted their profiles? I got paranoid and deleted everything on my profile before closing my account

yeh they still have profiles..looked up their names. its so weird as i did consider them friends back when we were colleagues

Starry

I've been de-friended a few times (Though it's taken me ages to notice sometimes)... The main thing I don't understand with it is.. These people added me (I never add people... Well, except people from bands, but that doesn't count...). Then didn't say anything to me... Then deleted me after months and months... I can only assume they were being nosey when they added me, since they were just random people from school... Not even people I ever spoke to lol.

Although, one strange incident occurred with my very first de-friending... Someone I knew at school added me, and spoke to me on chat, was being very friendly... Then a few weeks later, deleted me... I sent him a message saying I was sorry if I'd offended him or something, but had no response... I can only assume it was to do with the end of the conversation we had... I mentioned that I was engaged at the time and he seemed to take a very negative turn of mood... He sounded shocked and commented on how messed up his life was... I guess he added me thinking I'd be even worse off than he was, and therefore it would make him feel better about his life... and when he realised he was wrong he felt negatively...

As for other people de-friending people, I can only assume they feel a need to clear out their lists from time to time... Certainly some people have mentioned doing that a few times... But surely it would be better to only add people you actually want on there in that case... Meh! People make no sense...

MikeyC

I had a woman defriend me on Facebook due to swearing.

It happens, and I didn't care.

gustavofring

Perhaps the Facebook narcissists think you're not worthy of their time-line because you rarely post? I don't know. I'm thinking of deleting mine. I haven't been there for a long time and I don't even dare to see how many people defriended me in the meanwhile.

doesit

actually i dont give two $ucks who befriends me,specially work colleges.I befriend people that i dont want to be perving into my account or just because im not interested in them.i have like 50 friend son my fb and maybe 2-3 i would call friends the rest of them are no importance to me besides knowing them or working with them.real friends are those who you can call anytime or will help you when having troubles in life,So dont be to bothered and clean up your own fb profile,as most people post to much crap these days anyway and being friends is no longer purpose of facebook.

twiggle

People delete others just because they rarely post?!? Seriously!?? Lol. Facebook enthusiasts in that sense kind of annoy me.

I don't mind people deleting me if we mutually never talk to each other. That's fair enough. But I think when people do it to try and make a point, or to deliberately try and upset somebody, that's when it's immature.

I used to be addicted to FB and posted many things but now I don't really see the point - would rather send a PM or call somebody than write something that hundreds of people will see.

People delete others just because they rarely post?!? Seriously!?? Lol. Facebook enthusiasts in that sense kind of annoy me

Yeah, I saw a comment on a an article where a woman said that she only deletes people if they're annoying or if their profiles aren't very active. So you have to constantly be on Facebook updating things (and wasting time) or you'll get deleted by a so-called "friend"? Pffffftttttt.

twiggle

Yeah, I saw a comment on a an article where a woman said that she only deletes people if they're annoying or if their profiles aren't very active. So you have to constantly be on Facebook updating things (and wasting time) or you'll get deleted by a so-called "friend"? Pffffftttttt.

If somebody wants to delete me because I don't post enough for them then they're probably not the kind of person I'd feel stimulated talking with anyway ::p: Seriously, that lady sounds like an absolute loser - people need to stop seeing their Facebook profiles as a way to try and impress people. I think that lady should go for a run or something, and breathe in the nature around her.

If somebody wants to delete me because I don't post enough for them then they're probably not the kind of person I'd feel stimulated talking with anyway ::p: Seriously, that lady sounds like an absolute loser - people need to stop seeing their Facebook profiles as a way to try and impress people. I think that lady should go for a run or something, and breathe in the nature around her.

In my opinion, not as bad as the girl on my Facebook who said that she wouldn't be friends with anyone who didn't have a Facebook because that must mean they have something to hide, or they are weird :rolleyes:

God it's so hard not to hate these types of people sometimes :p

MikeyC

I used to be addicted to FB and posted many things but now I don't really see the point - would rather send a PM or call somebody than write something that hundreds of people will see.
I update my status sometimes, but not nearly as much as I used to. Now I use Facebook for other reasons.

Amitush123

I do not like facebook too much, have 33 friends ( :p ), and I barely talk to any of them!
I think that communication should be done face to face, or at least by phone..

twiggle

In my opinion, not as bad as the girl on my Facebook who said that she wouldn't be friends with anyone who didn't have a Facebook because that must mean they have something to hide, or they are weird :rolleyes:

God it's so hard not to hate these types of people sometimes :p

Well, if that girl has nothing to hide, then she must be pretty boring ::p:
Haha, that probably sounded pretty judgmental, but if you judge others, like she did, she can expect to be judged back.

I actually quite admire people who don't have a Facebook. I don't feel as though they're constantly trying to curry favour with everyone in order to have "another friend on my friend list who can like my photos and stuff." I like anybody who doesn't follow a crowd - it would be very easy to feel sucked into Facebook just because everyone else seems to have it - much harder to say no. Same goes for people who don't own t.v's.