Gamers thread

davidburke

I do like playing online sometimes but i find intimating sometimes they are taken very seriously. how about we make teams and play some game that we all have online. those of you who have an xbox what are you playing and would you like to set up teams or something like that??? someone who plays pc or ps3 could organize that too

Last edited:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I havent been a console gamer since PS2. I preferred computer; although certain console games Id love to play like MGS4 (still havent) and Red Dead Redemption.

ANYWAYS... I find games like Mass Effect better on PC. And I'm a geek and like to build my own computer WHEN I can afford it =)

Atm, havent played anything in months. WAS playing BFBC2. Anaomaly said theres servers still for Command and Conquer: Renegade. LOVED THAT. Gonna reinstall and try that again sometime sooner.

does anyone play games with a trackball mouse?

My ergonomic Verticalmouse died some time last year, and I got a logitech mx518 to replace it (the vmouse had risen in price a lot, still is expensive). I can feel my arm and wrist starting to act up, so after reading reviews and stuff, I ordered this one:

Logitech-Wireless-Trackball-M570-1.jpg

Does anyone have personal experience with these pointing devices and gaming? :)

oh **** yes, I currently use one of these mouses. I posted a while back how much i love my mouse and how i don't have to move my hand around anymore, hah. Mine looks just like that except its white and with the red marble. I need a black one though just like that cause it doesnt match with my black computer heh

U

userremoved

Why do I suck so bad at first person shooters? I'm trying to play Crysis and I constantly find myself surrounded by Koreans and getting annihilated while my friend just plows through them like nothing is going on. My cloak just burns out too quickly and next thing I know I've got those dudes on all sides of me. Anyone got any tips for that game?

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I am upgrading my video card. I have a 7800gt (from the Roman era). I am looking between the Radeon 5770 and the 6850. 6850 being 170 max I can afford. (some grad money woo tho I'll still be in debt).

MrJones

Why do I suck so bad at first person shooters? I'm trying to play Crysis and I constantly find myself surrounded by Koreans and getting annihilated while my friend just plows through them like nothing is going on. My cloak just burns out too quickly and next thing I know I've got those dudes on all sides of me. Anyone got any tips for that game?

Practice, practice, practice! :D
The first time I played Crysis I died in the first group of Koreans lol. I was pathetic. Then, just with practice, I finished most of the game (my screen always freezes on the final battle :mad:).

MrJones

I am upgrading my video card. I have a 7800gt (from the Roman era). I am looking between the Radeon 5770 and the 6850. 6850 being 170 max I can afford. (some grad money woo tho I'll still be in debt).

I have an ATI Radeon HD 5770 and it's good enough for playing most of the games in the highest video quality without problems (don't worry about my last comment, it has nothing to o with my video card). Probably you want something better but mine is going to last for a while :D

U

userremoved

Practice, practice, practice! :D
The first time I played Crysis I died in the first group of Koreans lol. I was pathetic. Then, just with practice, I finished most of the game (my screen always freezes on the final battle :mad:).

Yeah those guys are scary, they don't seem to be in the least bothered by the fact that a robo superman is shooting at them. I hope they're not like that in real life.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Radeon 6850, with 2 Sata 3.0 HD's, a Phenom II 3 Core processor should be fine with a 500w power supply? I prob SHOULD upgrade my PSU but Id prefer not atm, cant afford it really much.

Mokkat

Radeon 6850, with 2 Sata 3.0 HD's, a Phenom II 3 Core processor should be fine with a 500w power supply? I prob SHOULD upgrade my PSU but Id prefer not atm, cant afford it really much.

it's should be more than enough, regardless of the PSU being a cheap POS or a quality one.

edit: if you're still pondering the 5770vs6850 question, definitely get the 6850. I wouldn't get anything less for 1680x1050 and beyond

Last edited:
Lemur 500w is enough.

My rig = i7 920 step d0 clocked at 4.00ghz (On air at the moment).

HDD: 1tb 7200rpm 64mb cache.

SSD: 40gb

2x 6970 ATI radeons 2048mb each

1200w Corsair PSU (planning on getting another graphics card to max the PSU out). Also planning on getting a x980 so no bottleneck happens.

Gigabyte UD5 EX58 Motherboard.

Antec 1200 Case.

12gb Corsair vengence ram 9-9-9-24 timings 1600mhz clocked.

Edit: And I still cant run the witcher 2 on max (Everything max except Ubersamping).

Last edited:

fitftw

I've been playing through Medal of Honor on ps3 but haven't had time to play in the past 3 days :( and I don't play shooters online because the lobbies are filled with kids who literally don't do anything else and I don't feel like getting killed every 3 steps I take.

Danfalc

Banned
Can't believe how good The Witcher 2 was, just wish I had a decent rig to enjoy it at full quality, Im running a ****ty old pentium 2ghz dual core, and a 8600gt geforce. Well if I wait much longer I might be able to sell it as an antique >.<

So yeah jealous of you guys, your rigs are awesome. I was going to upgrade my Graphics card, but got told me cpu would bottleneck it?. But the motherboard I have only supports the T socket wolfdale chips, and they are ridiculously expensive In the uk since they stopped production.

Thinking I'm just going to have to save up and just get a new rig full stop? I can build them though so at least that will save me some money.

Ignace

Can't believe how good The Witcher 2 was, just wish I had a decent rig to enjoy it at full quality, Im running a ****ty old pentium 2ghz dual core, and a 8600gt geforce. Well if I wait much longer I might be able to sell it as an antique >.<

So yeah jealous of you guys, your rigs are awesome. I was going to upgrade my Graphics card, but got told me cpu would bottleneck it?. But the motherboard I have only supports the T socket wolfdale chips, and they are ridiculously expensive In the uk since they stopped production.

Thinking I'm just going to have to save up and just get a new rig full stop? I can build them though so at least that will save me some money.

No point upgrading that. Build a new one. ;) The HD 5870's are ridiculously cheap now since the new gen came out. I would recommend to put a pair of those in Xfire. ;) As CPU the i5 2500K is great to overclock and saves you a lot compared to the 2600K which for gaming is just as good. :)

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Build a new one. I had to get a new mobo because mine died... did this slowly. New mobo = new CPU/RAM. I still used my 7800GT. hah. I have 3 core AMD, still DDR2 4 gigs becaue still use XP... upgrade windows when BF3 comes out lol. Just got newer 6850 - perfect for me I dont need the highest end stuff. Plays everything so far awesomely. But I also only have 1680/1050 rez. But works for me.