Forgive my rant

Krista

I'm awfully sorry if I sound stupid but I feel the need to write this down or else I'm bound to cry. How dumb of me, I know.

Two of my friends made a fan page on Facebook called "We Hate Mexican Krista" as a joke, I know this but it still hurts the hell out of me ::(: What's worse is all I could fear were the people who really did hate me joining, getting together and saying terrible things about me. I made it clear that I was upset with them and they told me that I should know it's all in jest, that they really do love me and not to take it personally. That was until I saw people I had never met starting to join, no one yet to say anything rude but I know the minute someone does I'm going to break down. I've never been good with jokes at my own expense..the term laughing at yourself need not apply to me. I don't know how. My friend who helped make it, Trevor, made me a third administrator to the page and though I can delete whoever I want, post whatever I want I deleted the page a bit ago.

Now I feel stupid because they were really excited about seeing how many random people would join just because and I actually feel bad for deleting it! I feel bad for getting rid of a page that people can slander me on. I must be f*cking stupid, I let everyone's feelings get ahead of mine if I'm feeling bad for messing up their plan. I should feel better but now I feel like a lame loser who can't take a joke..::(:

Noca

Banned
I'm awfully sorry if I sound stupid but I feel the need to write this down or else I'm bound to cry. How dumb of me, I know.

Two of my friends made a fan page on Facebook called "We Hate Mexican Krista" as a joke, I know this but it still hurts the hell out of me ::(: What's worse is all I could fear were the people who really did hate me joining, getting together and saying terrible things about me. I made it clear that I was upset with them and they told me that I should know it's all in jest, that they really do love me and not to take it personally. That was until I saw people I had never met starting to join, no one yet to say anything rude but I know the minute someone does I'm going to break down. I've never been good with jokes at my own expense..the term laughing at yourself need not apply to me. I don't know how. My friend who helped make it, Trevor, made me a third administrator to the page and though I can delete whoever I want, post whatever I want I deleted the page a bit ago.

Now I feel stupid because they were really excited about seeing how many random people would join just because and I actually feel bad for deleting it! I feel bad for getting rid of a page that people can slander me on. I must be f*cking stupid, I let everyone's feelings get ahead of mine if I'm feeling bad for messing up their plan. I should feel better but now I feel like a lame loser who can't take a joke..::(:
What they did to you was cyberbullying. You did the right thing in telling them how you felt and deleting it.

Krista, making a page that pokes fun at a "friend" is NOT a joke! True friends do not consider it amusing to make a friend feel hurt by being made fun of in public for all to see!! You did the right thing in deleting it.

philly2bits

You did nothing wrong in deleting it. They made a page making fun of you without your permission. Although it was intended as a joke, by not asking your permission they made it a serious issue. I would think as friends they would either know how that page would make you feel or they should at least have the courtesy to ask first.

Krista

Thank you guys for your reassuring words, they do mean a lot to me. I know it makes no sense but now I feel like that person who ruins it for everyone when they're just trying to have fun. I hate that I can get my feelings hurt so easily and get walked on by others, I don't understand what I did to deserve some of this stuff at the hands of my "friends" though. I feel I need to toughen up.

Lorraine Manca

with friends like that, who needs enemies so the saying goes
im sorry krista! i'd react exactly the same way, get upset and delete it. what the hell?

lunarla

My friends sometimes make jokes at my expense, but I'm fine with it because I tend to do a bit of self deprecating humour regarding it too. Most of the time it's because I'm really pale and have a bad immune system and at times dress like an elderly lady. I find those to be joke worthy things too, really. But if it were simply because of my race or something like that, I'd definitely be hurt too. I don't think your reaction is lame at all. A while back this girl sort of came into our small circle of friends and I didn't really like her exceedingly, so I hated it when she would make the comments about my paleness. As far as I saw it, she had no right to. So I can see why it'd be really sucky if an entire facebook group was made about it for people who don't even know you to give their input. Even if it was all in "good fun."

Pink_Paula

I saw that page on FB and wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. I think if someone did a similar page for me i'd freak out as well, and for them to ignore you when you've told them you're not happy about it is horrible. I'm going to start an "I love Krista" page hehe you deserve that a lot more than the other one.

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah that's pretty bang out of order,and one of those jokes which just isn't funny.Sorry to be horrible about your friends but they sound immature..I mean how would it ever seem like a good idea to make a hate page about someone, especially if they know you are sensitive.

And why bring your heritage up,if one of them is a girl I suspect a bit of jealousy.

Kat

You know them better than us, but it’s definitely not clear as to what their motives were here, it seems more on the bullying side to me. I, don’t think you are being too sensitive, that type of humor can go stale and it sounded like it did, it’s ok if you wanted to take it down, it’s supposedly quick wit:rolleyes: and should stay that way.

AimeeSP

Aww that was really horrible of them, and very spiteful. ::(: They don't deserve your friendship if they're going to treat you like that Krista. I was going to write a long paragraph but everything i wanted to say has been said hehe!

We love you Krista! and i'd happily help you paula to make that page! :D

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I'm sure they thought it was funny, but at best they were being thoughtless and immature. It could be that Danfalc was right and they were jealous. They should know perfectly well that plenty of people actually will hate you just for being Mexican.

One of the things I hate about racism is that there's a lot of 'just kidding (but not really)' involved in it to various degrees. Some people are actually racist to some degree and just think it's funny to make fun, others aren't even racist and think it's funny because the idea is ridiculous. It can be hard to tell which.

lonely_drummer

You did the right thing, don't worry about it. It's really hard to stick up for your own feelings and you shouldn't have to around your true friends. You had total control in making the situation stop and thats exactly what you did and thats awesome. I hope in the future your friends can be more supportive of your feelings, just let them know how you feel about the things that oppose to you. oooooo and btw, Rush kicks ass!!!!!!

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Krista, making a page that pokes fun at a "friend" is NOT a joke! True friends do not consider it amusing to make a friend feel hurt by being made fun of in public for all to see!! You did the right thing in deleting it.

Couldn't agree more.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Thank you guys for your reassuring words, they do mean a lot to me. I know it makes no sense but now I feel like that person who ruins it for everyone when they're just trying to have fun. I hate that I can get my feelings hurt so easily and get walked on by others, I don't understand what I did to deserve some of this stuff at the hands of my "friends" though. I feel I need to toughen up.

You did not ruin anything. There's nothing "fun" with making others feel miserable. You did the right thing by telling them how you felt and deleting that page. I know I've said this before, but you really REALLY should ditch those people. You don't have to toughen up, you need to be with true friends who won't hurt you for fun.

mrb

hmmmm it all sounds a bit out of order to me , but the trouble with sa is you take things personaly , they probably thought it was funny , you didnt , i dont think you have to toughen up , you just have to explain to them that there scence of humor is not the same as yours , and you feel hurt by things like that ... if it was me id have probably done the same back to them , but if it upset you yes delete it ... then tell them thanks i thought you were my freinds ... hopefully it will make them think twice about doing childish things like that , cos lets be honest it was childish , try not to think about it to much lol