Finding out your crush has a bf/gf.

Newtype

Hey, I'm just writing this to share my pathetic story, which seems to happen every time I have a crush on a girl.

I've had a crush on a girl for six weeks. I pretty much thought about her every day. She's so beautiful, she's intelligent and when she's playing with her hair in class beside me, she's just irresistible, lol.

This morning, I had the idea to check on Facebook to see if she was there, and she was... Her display pic is a pic of her and her bf. Some of her hobbies include kissing, cuddling, doing things for the person she loves and having sex.

Somebody kill me.

I don't know how I'm gonna get over this one. It's a shame. She really had that "something" that I long for and that I don't see in other girls.

Does anyone have similar stories? Share them!

Last edited:

upndwn

This almost always happens to me when I have a crush on a girl and it sucks really bad. Unfortunately there's not much to do about it but wait until the crush passes and other opportunities comes by.

I had a crush on a girl for over two years, but she had a bf. When they broke up we started to hang out a lot together, we even slept in the same bed a couple of times (although nothing happened). One night we had been out drinking and she invited me home with her. I was just about to make a move at her when the doorbell rang. In comes a bunch of people who her roommate had invited for a little after-party completely ruining my evening.

One of the guys (a really obnoxious one) was hitting on my friend really hard and I got more and more annoyed. Suddenly the two went off to "talk", but when they didn't return I realized they had gone into her bedroom. I got really frustrated and brokenhearted, but I have gotten over it now. I had misread her feelings for me as she clearly only wanted me as a friend.

Love is hard to find and even harder to hold on to, but one day you will find it.

Newtype

One of the guys (a really obnoxious one) was hitting on my friend really hard and I got more and more annoyed. Suddenly the two went off to "talk", but when they didn't return I realized they had gone into her bedroom.

Ouch, that's brutal.

doubleM

thats about how it goes. attractive women with a bright personality are always hard to get. they always are taken. and as soon as she is not taken, then her suitors show up.

i really liked a girl i worked with a few years ago. she had a bf, but she used to get flirty with me often(play fighting and such). i didnt want to make a move. suddenly they broke up one day. i swear the day they broke up there were guys lining up at the store to talk to her. it was like piranhas jumping on a piece of meat. needless to say some one got there before i did.
they are tough to get over but it will pass.

MaliceInWickedland

Ah yes, the pains of crushing on someone for a while only to find out they have a bf/gf. In my case, he turned out to be gay, which is much more worse in the sense that I felt like even more of an idiot for not catching on to the "signs".

Damian Flynn - oh what a waste... He was one of those "emo" guys (guys with that emo style attract me the most for some reason - probably the long wispy hair ::p:) with the most captivating bluish-green eyes I had ever gazed into and I spent almost a year crushing on him. My friends had an idea that he was gay, but they didn't want to crush my hopes so they played along with it until I found out towards the end of the year that he was gay when I got acquainted with his best friend and she told me about how they went to a rave and he started making out with some really hot guy there. When I heard those words I swear I felt my heart sink into the acidic pits of my stomach and dissolve painfully slow.

I told my friends about it and they felt bad and told me that they didn't want to tell me about him being gay and I got upset with them and said that it was even more painful for me to find out after almost a year of crushing on the guy.

Sigh... what luck :rolleyes:

Richey

This occurs quite frequently and as you say it can tear your heart out, especially when a work colleague or friend also has a crush on the same person ...

I simpy don't have crushes anymore, or i should say that If i start to have a crush then I check with reality and understand my limitations and percentage of chances of being friends or going out with this person are probably very low compared to other interested parties so i try to block it out of my head now.

i think for me the only way it would ever work out is if i maintained a proper friendship first and knew them for a while rather then a crush based on assumptions which hardly ever works out.

Rembrandt Broam

Who lists having sex as a hobby on facebook? Why not go the whole way and tell everyone exactly what she likes?

It's a bit weird, isn't it? Like people would otherwise never guess that she liked having sex, what with it being such a minority pastime. :rolleyes:

Feathers

*have some chocolate* (oops, there isn't any anymore)

it looks you might be better off without this girl, she doesn't sound very classy - hm?
Or maybe if they break up, you might still have a chance?

On the other hand, I think it can be a bit worse if you see old crushes married and album to pics of their kid/s on FB - lol!

FB is evil, haha!!

(Though maybe it's wise to look there before crushing - though some people may have 'fake' statuses too! What if she was just trying to get back at an ex and just posted all that nonsense because of it? 'mind of a novelist yikes')

Rembrandt Broam

Sorry to hear this Newtype. ::(:

This is why allowing crushes to build and build can lead to such an emotional letdown. If you like someone, it's best to "make your move" sooner rather than later, otherwise this very one-sided relationship starts to develop which leaves you pretty devastated when it ends, even though the other person was never aware it existed in the first place.

da_illest101

happend to me all the time, when I was in high school facebook didn't exist, so anti-social I was, i could find things out months too late. At least now things are different the girl I'm into is into me as well ( so she claims) for the second time in my life

Plz

I've gotten used this. It was kind of painful the first time but since then I've started expecting it. I have yet to be wrong.

:'(

Newtype

Sorry to hear this Newtype. ::(:

This is why allowing crushes to build and build can lead to such an emotional letdown. If you like someone, it's best to "make your move" sooner rather than later, otherwise this very one-sided relationship starts to develop which leaves you pretty devastated when it ends, even though the other person was never aware it existed in the first place.

Yeah, that's advice that I will follow the next time.

U

userremoved

Yeah as much as I hate to admit it, if you find someone really attractive chances are that a large number of other people do too. So you can pretty much expect those girls to be taken or in the process of being taken. I think someone already said that.

But yeah I had an experience in the military where I liked this one girl me and my friends hung out with. My buddies knew it and knew I had a hard time working up the courage to talk to her. But for reasons I cant explain they told her some other guy was interested and she should talk to him. So she did, and they hooked up.

Kiwong

Saved from a fate worse than death. You find out they have a girlfriend, you can move on, and are saved from all the future embarrassment.

schist

This almost always happens to me when I have a crush on a girl and it sucks really bad. Unfortunately there's not much to do about it but wait until the crush passes and other opportunities comes by.

I had a crush on a girl for over two years, but she had a bf. When they broke up we started to hang out a lot together, we even slept in the same bed a couple of times (although nothing happened). One night we had been out drinking and she invited me home with her. I was just about to make a move at her when the doorbell rang. In comes a bunch of people who her roommate had invited for a little after-party completely ruining my evening.

One of the guys (a really obnoxious one) was hitting on my friend really hard and I got more and more annoyed. Suddenly the two went off to "talk", but when they didn't return I realized they had gone into her bedroom. I got really frustrated and brokenhearted, but I have gotten over it now. I had misread her feelings for me as she clearly only wanted me as a friend.

Love is hard to find and even harder to hold on to, but one day you will find it.

Hmmm ... not necessarily. Seems like you were just beaten to the punch by this other guy. It happens.

You evidently built up a good rapport with this girl, it was just a case of unfortunate timing.

Ah well, onward and upward. :)

Last edited:

A friend

Hey, I'm just writing this to share my pathetic story, which seems to happen every time I have a crush on a girl.

(I know this post was posted a few months ago, but I'm replying to it anyway)

Uh...This isn't a pathetic story, it happens to a lot of guys and a lot of people (regardless of SA) go through something like this.

Yes it can be embarrassing, but it is almost unimaginably far from being anywhere close to pathetic.

I've had a crush on a girl for six weeks. I pretty much thought about her every day. She's so beautiful, she's intelligent and when she's playing with her hair in class beside me, she's just irresistible, lol.

I had the idea to check on Facebook to see if she was there, and she was... Her display pic is a pic of her and her bf. Some of her hobbies include kissing, cuddling, doing things for the person she loves and having sex.

Uhh...wow. Understandible, but still... :O

Somebody kill me.

That's a really bad thing to wish for.

I don't know how I'm gonna get over this one. It's a shame. She really had that "something" that I long for and that I don't see in other girls.

Does anyone have similar stories? Share them!

Well, I don't know if this is entirely related to the subject, but I'll share anyway.

A few years ago, when I was in high school, there was a girl who showed interest in me.

One night she asked me to come to a play that she was acting in, and I decided to come see it, but I left halfway through it. One day later, she had sex with one of my friends, and then they formed a relationship...but she ended up being really mean to him and...according to most of the students, she cheated on him.

The reason why I wasn't into that girl was because she started to spread disturbing rumors about me before she had intercourse with my friend, and she behaved in very rude way to others.

The main reason why I didn't have a girlfriend in high school was because most girls who went there had that sort of mentality.

WeirdyMcGee

I've never had a crush, so I don't know... really...

I guess everything is about timing, afterall?
Chances are, 90+% of all the crushes who have boyfriends won't be with them forever?

...I don't know if that makes anything better though.
Time, I guess.

coyote

the worst was when i was doing laundry one weekend

and i found a strange pair of men's underwear in my wife's things

just as i held them up, our 3 year old son walked in the room

he pointed at the underwear and said, "those are John's* shorts"

my name isn't John

*name changed to protect the innocent