Favorite Movie Quote Ever

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. :mad:
:shoots man in head::cool:

christa

"choose life. choose a job. choose a career. choose a family. choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. choose a starter home. choose your friends. choose leisure wear and matching luggage. choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. choose your future. choose life... but why would I want to do a thing like that?"
~trainspotting
best movie ever

christa

I think your brain is filled with lollipops, rainbows, cheese & wonder. Mine’s a bit darker..
-Get Him To the Greek

N0D

Banned
Many times since, I have called to Marius. I howled into the night in loneliness and pain. But there was no answer, just the endless procession of days, months, years... My teacher left me to my darkest lesson, that in the end, we are alone.

lunaticbinge

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.

Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death us just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

Pippin: What? Gandalf? See what?

Gandalf: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.

Gandalf: No, no it isn't.

Island_chic

He smiled the kind of smile that would have stopped my heart if it were still beating.
Bella Cullen, Breaking Dawn

Last edited:

Aussie_Lad

"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning." - Fast and Furious

"I read somewhere... how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong... but to feel strong." - Into the Wild

"You don't need human relationships to be happy, God has placed it all around us. " - Into the Wild

''Miracles are by their definition meaningless. Only what can happen does happen.''

~Dr Manhattan, Watchmen (movie).

Solitude

"I read somewhere... how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong... but to feel strong." - Into the Wild

"You don't need human relationships to be happy, God has placed it all around us. " - Into the Wild

^Those are great. That's my favorite movie!!

Here are two of mine, I didn't check to see if anyone had posted them already:

"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on." - Fred Jung, Blow

"That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the **** up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence." Mia Wallace, Pulp Fiction

Pookah

I see you're a Jane Austen fan! :) I read her for the first time last spring for school (Pride and Prejudice) and it was so good. I'm half way through Sense and Sensibility right now and it's really good too.

Pride and Prejudice reminded about all the awesome quotes in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Will Turner: This is either madness... or brilliance.
Jack Sparrow: It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide.

Elizabeth: Pirate or not this man saved my life.
Norrington: One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness.
Jack Sparrow: Though it seems enough to condemn him

Jack: What are you doing here? You look bloody awful.
Norrington: You hired me. I can't help it if your standards are lax.

Will: Elizabeth is in danger.
Jack: Have you considered keeping a more watchful eye on her? Maybe just lock her up somewhere?

Jack empties bottle of rum]
Jack: Why is the rum always gone?
[He stands up and staggers drunkenly]
Jack: Oh... that's why.

Jack Sparrow: You know, for all that pirates are clever-called, we are an unimaginative lot when it comes to naming things.
Gibbs: Like?
Jack Sparrow: I once sailed with a geezer lost both his arms and part of his eye.
Gibbs: What did you call him?
Jack Sparrow (after a pause): Larry.

I know there are probably better ones, but I never remember after I watch them.

Austen is the best, love her. Very witty stuff and love learning about the social aspect of Regency times.

Saw you posted an X-Men pic in another thread. X-Men also very cool!

"What could've done that to him? Gasoline? Napalm?"
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes"

"The more you drive, the less intelligent you are"

"What a shame! - Come on, Duke, let's go do those crimes."
"Yeah. Let's get sushi and not pay"

All from the same movie, still one of my favorites.

"I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count."

08/24/10 ~

Last edited:

Pookah

Faye Valentine: "Survival of the fittest is the law of nature. We decieve or we are decieved. Thus, we flourish or perish. Nothing good ever happened to me when I trusted others. That is the lesson."