Favorite Movie Quote Ever

Pookah

Yeah, X-Men are cool. Marvel does such an awesome job with all their comics. Their characterization is great and I love the crossovers, the more heroes the better I think. I am so ready to go see "The Avengers" movie, can't believe I have to wait two more years.::(:

I heard of that one. Also doing Thor and Green Lantern methinx. X-Men First Class too, I hope that is better than the last couple X movies.

KiaKaha

Banned
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. - Billy Madison

an accurate illustration of my monday mornings...

KiaKaha

Banned
Phil: I'm a god.
Rita: You're God?
Phil: I'm a god. I'm not *the* God... I don't think.

And...

Phil: I have been stabbed, shot, poisoned, frozen, hung, electrocuted, and burned.
Rita: Oh, really?
Phil: ...and every morning I wake up without a scratch on me, not a dent in the fender... I am an immortal.

And...

Phil: I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters.
[Ralph and Gus snort]
Phil: *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get *that* day over, and over, and over...

All from groundhog day

lunaticbinge

Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

"What is 'real'? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."
Morpheus - The Matrix

lunaticbinge

Did you take the red pill or the blue pill?

1196701386_f5f2e81898.jpg

"I had to keep breathing, even though there was no reason to hope, and all my logic said that I would never see this place again. So that’s what i did. I stayed alive, I kept breathing.
Then one day that logic was proven all wrong cause the tide came in, gave me a sail, and now here I am, back in memphis talking to you.............I gotta keep breathing, because tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide could bring?"

Tom Hanks from Castaway.

SociallyAwkwardAndShy

It's the scene between Elizabeth Bennett and Mr,Darcy in the movie Pride and Prejudice.
Mr. Darcy: So this is your opinion of me. Thank you for explaining so fully. Perhaps these offences might have be overlooked had not your pride been hurt by my honesty...
Elizabeth Bennet: My pride?
Mr. Darcy: ...in admitting scruples about our relationship. Could you expect me to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?
Elizabeth Bennet: And those are the words of a gentleman. From the first moment I met you, your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others made me realize that you were the last man in the world I could ever be prevailed upon to marry.
[they look at each other for a long time as though about to kiss]
Mr. Darcy: Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.

3lefts

"Ultimately, we're all dead men. Sadly, we cannot choose how but, what we can decide is how we meet that end, in order that we are remembered, as men."

Absolutely love this quote. From Gladiator.

MaliceInWickedland

"It didn't matter in the end how old they had been, or that they were girls, but only that we had loved them. And that they hadn't heard us calling, still do not hear us calling them, out of those rooms where they went to be alone for all time, and where we will never find the pieces to put them back together."
- from The Virgin Suicides

This one really drives a stake through my heart after losing a few friends who succumbed to the dark world of suicide.
It's even sadder to think that at one point I almost joined them.

riley

Patrick Bateman: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip

MaliceInWickedland

This scene right here baby!

YouTube - The Devil's Rejects Captain Spaulding

"I'm gonna have to be takin yer car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle!" LOL Epic.

Gotta give you props on choosing one of the best horror movies out there :cool:
Brings back memories like "Run rabbit run!!" from House of a 1000 Corpses. I feel like watching these movies again now ;)

shyguyxv

I hope nobody posted this already, my favorite movie quote is from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

"Don't Panic"

Having those words inscribed in large, friendly letters on the cover is the second reason it has already supplanted the great Encyclopaedia Galactica as the standard repository of all knowledge and wisdom, and I think it suits this site pretty well.

-Don

Snowdrop

I have a few...

"May the force be with you" - Hans solo

"Junior? Is that you? It is you Junior!" - Henry Jones

and "Smokin'...!" - the Mask

lol

KiaKaha

Banned
"There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?"

Airplane

Snowdrop

I don't remember Han ever saying that lol - I only remember Obiwan saying it to Luke

Here's mine:

"That's what I love about high school girls. I get older, they stay the same age" haha from Dazed and Confused

Yep haha he says it begrudgingly to Luke just before he's about to go off fighting somewhere I think in the 4th movie? xD