Favorite Movie Quote Ever

Luna1740

What's yours? mine would have to be: Dr. Emmett Brown: Don't worry. As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88mph the instant the lightning strikes the tower... everything will be fine.

"kelay lum. lum piki piki. lum eensie weensie. lum say say eunuchy. snip snip.
snay say sha. smomy lama shuku, savvy? bon liki liki."

Luna1740

And from I'm Not there, (recalled it from memory, so excuse me if it isn't an exact quote)

"You'd think that these traditional music people would gather that mystery is a traditional fact, things are all so full of mystery."

"And Contradictions"

"Yeah contradictions"

"And Chaos"

"Yes... Chaos, Clocks, Watermelons... It's everything!!!"

static

"choose life. choose a job. choose a career. choose a family. choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. choose a starter home. choose your friends. choose leisure wear and matching luggage. choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. choose your future. choose life... but why would I want to do a thing like that?"
~trainspotting

Going Insane

Death Wish..

Paul Kersey: Do you believe in Jesus?
Stomper: Yes I do.
Paul Kersey: Well, you're gonna meet him.

Pookah

Man there are tons. Not all necessarily hold meaning to life or anything, but sounded pretty epic in the movies. :p Many of these are also book quotes...adaptations y'know. (I cheat!)

"What can men do against such reckless hate?" -Theoden (LotR)

"To look almost pretty is an acquisition of higher delight to a girl who has been looking plain for the first fifteen years of her life than a beauty from her cradle can ever receive." Northanger Abbey

"My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company." -Anne (Persuasion)

"Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings." Fanny (Mansfield Park)

"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more. " -Knightly (Emma)

"I cannot speak well enough to be unintelligible." -Catherine (Northanger Abbey)

"Whether by the sword or the slow decay of time, Aragorn will die. And there will be no comfort for you. No comfort to ease the pain of his passing. He will come to death, an image of the splendor of the kings of men in glory undimmed before the breaking of the world. But you, my daughter, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt, as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Here you will dwell, bound to your grief, under the fading trees, until all the world is changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent. Arwen, there is nothing for you here... only death." -Elrond (LotR)

"Oh, but you are alone. Who knows what you've spoken to the darkness, in the bitter watches of the night... when all your life seems to shrink, the walls of your bower closing in about you... a hutch to trammel some wild thing in. So fair. So cold. Like a morning of pale spring still clinging to winter's chill." -Grima Wormtongue (LotR)

"Where is the horse and rider,
Where is the horn that was blowing
They have passed like rain on the mountain
Like wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West,
Behind the hills, into Shadow
How has it come to this?" -Theoden King (LotR)

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain." -Batty (Bladerunner)

Damaged

Neil: And as we sat there listening to the carolers, I wanted to tell Brian it was over now and everything would be okay. But that was a lie, plus, I couldn't speak anyway. I wish there was some way for us to go back and undo the past. But there wasn't. There was nothing we could do. So I just stayed silent and trying to telepathically communicate how sorry I was about what had happened. And I thought of all the grief and sadness and ****ed up suffering in the world, and it made me want to escape. I wished with all my heart that we could just leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically... disappear. (My favourite film ever : Mysterious Skin)

Brendan Frye: Emily said four words I didn't know. Tell me if they catch. Brick?
The Brain: No.
Brendan Frye: Or Bad Brick?
The Brain: Nope.
Brendan Frye: Tug?
The Brain: Tug? Tug might be a drink, like milk and vodka, or something.
Brendan Frye: Poor Frisco?
The Brain: Frisco? Frisco Farr was a sophomore last year, real trash. Maybe had a class a week, I didn't know him then, haven't seen him around.
Brendan Frye: Pin?
The Brain: Pin. The Pin?
Brendan Frye: The Pin, yeah?
The Brain: The Pin is kinda a local spook story, yeah know the King Pin.
Brendan Frye: Yeah, I've heard it.
The Brain: Same thing, he's supposed to be old, like 26. Lives in town.
Brendan Frye: Dope runner, right?
The Brain: Big time. See the Pin pipes it from the lowest scraper for Brad Bramish to sell, maybe. Ask any dope rat where their junk sprang and they'll say they scraped it from that, who scored it from this, who bought it off so, and after four or five connections the list always ends with The Pin. But I bet you, if you got every rat in town together and said "Show your hands" if any of them've actually seen The Pin, you'd get a crowd of full pockets.
Brendan Frye: You think The Pin's just a tale to take whatever heat?
The Brain: Hmm... So what's first?
Brendan Frye: Show of hands.

(Second favourite film : Brick)

mads

I like "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." from The Godfather and "You can't handle the truth!" from A few good men

EscapeArtist

"What was once before you - an exciting, mysterious future - is now behind you. Lived; understood; disappointing. You realize you are not special. You have struggled into existence, and are now slipping silently out of it. This is everyone's experience. Every single one. The specifics hardly matter. Everyone's everyone. So you are Adele, Hazel, Claire, Olive. You are Ellen. All her meager sadnesses are yours; all her loneliness; the gray, straw-like hair; her red raw hands. It's yours. It is time for you to understand this.
Walk.
As the people who adore you stop adoring you; as they die; as they move on; as you shed them; as you shed your beauty; your youth; as the world forgets you; as you recognize your transience; as you begin to lose your characteristics one by one; as you learn there is no-one watching you, and there never was, you think only about driving - not coming from any place; not arriving any place. Just driving, counting off time. Now you are here, at 7:43. Now you are here, at 7:44. Now you are...
Gone."

REALLY depressing movie. REALLY thought provocative. Watch Synecdoche New York.

jaypee06

billy madison:
"dont put it out with your boots ted"
"dont tell me my business devil woman... call the firebrigade this one's outta control"

last king of scotland:
"A man that shows fear... he is weak, and he is a slave."
"Well... if you're afraid of dying... shows you have a life worth keeping."

lunarla

"What was once before you - an exciting, mysterious future - is now behind you. Lived; understood; disappointing. You realize you are not special. You have struggled into existence, and are now slipping silently out of it. This is everyone's experience. Every single one. The specifics hardly matter. Everyone's everyone. So you are Adele, Hazel, Claire, Olive. You are Ellen. All her meager sadnesses are yours; all her loneliness; the gray, straw-like hair; her red raw hands. It's yours. It is time for you to understand this.
Walk.
As the people who adore you stop adoring you; as they die; as they move on; as you shed them; as you shed your beauty; your youth; as the world forgets you; as you recognize your transience; as you begin to lose your characteristics one by one; as you learn there is no-one watching you, and there never was, you think only about driving - not coming from any place; not arriving any place. Just driving, counting off time. Now you are here, at 7:43. Now you are here, at 7:44. Now you are...
Gone."

Whoa, I need to watch this.

worrywort

oh I LOVE this film so much.....there are soo many great quotes in it......i like;

"There are nearly thirteen million people in the world. None of those people is an extra. They're all the leads of their own stories."

I also love this quote from Big Fish;

"The more difficult something becomes the more rewarding it is in the end"

FOR REAL

Banned
"choose life. choose a job. choose a career. choose a family. choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. choose a starter home. choose your friends. choose leisure wear and matching luggage. choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. choose your future. choose life... but why would I want to do a thing like that?"
~trainspotting

aye ahl go with that :D. i darent post a braveheart quote again::eek::

I am looking at the stars. They're so far away. And their light takes so long to reach us. All we ever see of stars are their old photographs. I am tired of this world; these people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives. - Jon Osterman/Doctor Manhattan