Falling for life wave after wave- a blog

Hoppy

Nice, congratulations. It looks very minimalist.

Is the picture on the wall one of your photographs?

Kiwong

Thanks Hoppy, most of my stuff is still in the garage. Yes, that is a photo from Mullaway Beach.

Kiwong

Homeless of Perth.

Tonight I bought Maccas for dinner. I ate it outside of Perth Woolworths in the Cbd. Two homeless men came over to where I was sitting. This made me feel a little bit uncomfortable. I like to maitain my personal space at all times. One of the men wore an orange beanie. It was quite cold and windy. They started to roll a smoke. The guy with the orange beanie, was so hungry he asked to eat the lettuce out of my maccas container.

"Want some chips?" I asked.

"Yes," he said. "I'm starving."

I thought, jeez, you must be starving, to be wanting to eat the lettuce out of a Maccas container.

The other guy wore a black beanie with a skull on it.

"We're homeless," he said.

I gathered they where.

"I'm not homeless, I'm from Sydney," says me.

"I was from Sydney, from Hurstville, actually Oatley," he said.

He told me worked stacking shelves at Jewell. I don't think Jewel supermarkets are in business anymore.

He said the no on cares about the homeless, so we have to look after ourselves.

I asked whether there was any help. He said that on Tuesdays and Salvation Army truck comes around. And on Thursday there were food handouts from a welfare place.

He said that he takes food away and sticks it in his bag. Although other homeless people steal stuff when he sleeps. He showed me a slit in the side of his black backpack where someone had stole food.

"They wanted it more," he said.

How truly desperate and hungry must these homeless people be to do that. An eye opener.

But for the grace of God, go I.

The guy in the orange beanie said someone had stolen his stuff as he slept.

"You've got to sleep on your back, or your stuff gets stolen," the guy in the black beanie advised.

Black beanie said he was paying for belongings still in storage. He couldn't afford transport to access.

"A bit cold for you?" I asked.

Orange beanie was shivering as he ate my chips.

He told me the workers let him sleep in an enclosure near the elevators that were out of the wind.

They knew how to find the spots sheltered from wind and rain.

Black beanie said he wanted to work again fixing cars.

He reckoned reaching out to others, like giving orange beanie a smoke, was good for karma. He reckoned Karma was a woman, and she should be bitchy to those deserving bad karma.

I just gave some money to a Perth charity that feed homeless people. *Not bad for someone lacking integrity.

I wished them well as I went into Woolworths. I have worried that with my mental illness perhaps I could become homeless. That is why I am reaching out to family.

Last edited:

defiance

Homeless of Perth.

Tonight I bought Maccas for dinner. I ate it outside of Perth Woolworths in the Cbd. Two homeless men came over to where I was sitting. This made me feel a little bit uncomfortable. I like to maitain my personal space at all times. One of the men wore an orange beanie. It was quite cold and windy. They started to roll a smoke. The guy with the orange beanie, was so hungry he asked to eat the lettuce out of my maccas container.

I thought, jeez, you must be starving, to be wanting to eat the lettuce out of a Maccas container.

I gathered they where.

He told me worked stacking shelves at Jewell. I don't think Jewel supermarkets are in business anymore.

I asked whether there was any help. He said that on Tuesdays and Salvation Army truck comes around. And on Thursday there were food handouts from a welfare place.

He said that he takes food away and sticks it in his bag. Although other homeless people steal stuff when he sleeps. He showed me a slit in the side of his black backpack where someone had stole food.

How truly desperate and hungry must these homeless people be to do that. An eye opener.

"You've got to sleep on your back, or your stuff gets stolen," the guy in the black beanie advised.

Black beanie said he was paying for belongings still in storage. He couldn't afford transport to access.

He told me the workers let him sleep in an enclosure near the elevators that were out of the wind.

He reckoned reaching out to others, like giving orange beanie a smoke, was good for karma. He reckoned Karma was a woman, and she should be bitchy to those deserving bad karma.

I just gave some money to a Perth charity that feed homeless people. *Not bad for someone lacking integrity.

I wished them well as I went into Woolworths. I have worried that with my mental illness perhaps I could become homeless. That is why I am reaching out to family.

Unfortunately many don't care about the homeless. I will say that you are a good person for talking and helping them out in whatever way you could have. If I am to be honest, I too fear that I will be homeless one day because I just can't work.....I wish I could and I will keep trying to...but that fear is so strong I don't know if I can.

hidwell

Homeless of Perth.

I gathered they where.

Have you moved to Perth?

Kiwong

No Hidwell, I was on holiday over away from there.

Me too, Defiance. I still fear being old, and homeless.

Kiwong

Rainbird Photography – Just another WordPress site

Finally some good news. This is my new web page. It requires a few edits and tweaks. Finally out of all the worry of the last few years an achievement. This is what I have been working towards on extended leave and finally it is finished. Time to leave the strangers in this town behind me, and focus on the positive and creative. The running dream might be coming to a close, but another bigger dream, my photography dream is taking shape.
I made something good happen, and all my worries fade into the background, and a positive way foward becomes clear

MollyBeGood

Macauleys Dawn is my favorite of your Seascapes. I want to have a copy someday.

Your website looks very pro and is easy to navigate. Great job! I am aware of what an accomplishment this is, you should be proud!

theoutsider

Finally some good news. This is my new web page. It requires a few edits and tweaks. Finally out of all the worry of the last few years an achievement. This is what I have been working towards on extended leave and finally it is finished. Time to leave the strangers in this town behind me, and focus on the positive and creative. The running dream might be coming to a close, but another bigger dream, my photography dream is taking shape.
I made something good happen, and all my worries fade into the background, and a positive way foward becomes clear

Good stuff, Kiwong! Well put together site and, of course, beautiful photography. I hope you do well in your endeaver! I was wondering what method do you (or plan to) use to advertise? That's always been my snag whenever I attempt a website.

Kiwong

Thanks outsider, my niece owns a shop in Perth, and she is going to frame a couple and try to sell them. I have thought about visiting a local beachscapes gallery. Once they indicated an interest in putting some on display in their gallery. Local visitors centres may like to display them in their shop.

I will have a Facebook page. And the site is fairly prominent in search engines. I provide my site as a link to the sites I post my photos, the local news paper and radio sites. I have also thought of setting up a stall at the local markets.

At the moment the achievement is to create the site. If I sell even one photo I will be happy.

defiance

Keep pushing forward. I can tell from your words just how happy and excited you are about all of this. I wish for nothing but success for you. Keep this page up to date as I would love to hear how things are going.:thumbup:

Kiwong

Thanks Defiance, with all the anger around me, my photography is one thing that helps keep me same. It is good to know when I drop in here, there are good people around, and the people who are angry at me are just strangers.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Your pictures are insane. Do you mind me asking what camera you use? I'm looking to buy one but I find it difficult to figure out what I need o_O

Kiwong

Thanks PL. I have a Canon 5D Mark iii, and a 16-35mm lens. I really struggle with what to believe with my photography, whether they are good or not. Depends on who I listen, and the strangers in my life talk even that down. All I do know is that my photos are created from a good place that is a part of me, and the joy I feel when I take them is real.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^Thanks for the info, I'll check it out :)

I suppose photography is like any other art form and it's very subjective whether it's good or not. I like to tell myself that if only 10% of the people tell me they like what I do, but they REALLY do, the remaining 90% don't really matter. (Unless I'm trying to make money out of it, because then you have to please the masses)

Wow, Kiwong. That is an awesome web page! :thumbup: