^Thanks for the info, I'll check it out
I suppose photography is like any other art form and it's very subjective whether it's good or not. I like to tell myself that if only 10% of the people tell me they like what I do, but they REALLY do, the remaining 90% don't really matter. (Unless I'm trying to make money out of it, because then you have to please the masses)
You're right, it is the people who matter that mean something. If a well credentialed landscape photographer says nice image then that is worth listening to. It seems like the majority of feedback is really positive. A few strangers at work talk me down.