Does Physical apperance really matter to you?

Agent_Violet

There are certain physical traits that attract me but I don't have any set-in-stone requirements. I sometimes surprise myself with the men I become attracted to these days because they're so different in appearance. That tells me it's more about personality than anything else for me.

If I were pressed to list a requirement...nice teeth would be the only thing. Not necessarily a perfect movie star smile.Just clean,well maintained teeth. They don't even have to be straight or anything,just taken care of is nice.

bcsr

It's kind of weird, when it comes to myself, my own self-worth, I care tremendously about my appearance. But I find that I really don't care that much in other people.

There's really no pattern in the girls I've found myself crushing on over the years other than a nice smile (kills me) and great personality.

MikeyC

If I were pressed to list a requirement...nice teeth would be the only thing. Not necessarily a perfect movie star smile.Just clean,well maintained teeth. They don't even have to be straight or anything,just taken care of is nice.
I remember my ex-neighbour had really awful teeth. She was beautiful otherwise (if a little bone-headed) but her teeth were really bad. Not sure if she had some disease but apparently she only brushed once a week or so and her breath was really bad. I never kissed her but I could imagine that would be the nastiest thing.

DevC

Only way it would not matter is if your blind, but definatly doesnt mean you are limited to the people you are attracted to with first impressions, there are ways this world will guide you around it and show you there beautiful personality if its meant to be and then physical attraction follows that.

I just experienced this mainly cause I wasnt looking for anyone, but now that I know her she is such a beauty now.

coyote

Random-Funny-Photos-Part-133_10.jpg

Gaucho

hehe coyote. il go for emotionally stable and good looking(physically attracted). because intelligence doesn't aotmaticly unit people. that would be having a good friend if I'm not attracted to her.

JustMe1987

to find "hot girls" that are nice and smart girls, just need to see "Post your picture thread" on SPW....as i say for me they all look model and i seriously doubt they only date *******s xD

(if this not make any sense...remember im portuguese xDDD)

Section_31

Appearance does matter to me, but not on the level society says it must. Yes, i need to have an attraction to my partner. Al my relationships have started with my thinking "hey shes hot/cute/tasty". Once an initial attraction is felt, then i have an interest in getting to know her. Once i know her, knowledge of person and attraction tend to shift polarities, and her personality to me and her as a person are foremost in the relationship.

On the opposite side of the coin, it really matters to me that my wife be attracted to me. If she isnt, then im not doing part of my job as her husband, and that is keeping her happy. Not letting myself go, and always putting forth my best for her.

What i find most attractive about her is her quirky personality, her ability to handle the big things that can happen and stay calm when everyone is freaking out. Her ability to keep ME calm when i need it and vice versa. Sure shes hot, shes smokin, but thats a backseat to what really matters. and thats her as a person.

AsTimeBurns

As much as it makes me a hypocrite because I don't want people to judge me on my appearance, I do find it matters to me somewhat. There are certain things I just don't find attractive at all and I would find it quite difficult to look past.

MikeyC

On second thought, I guess this makes my bf a gay a**hole ::p:
You lucky girl. :)

Al my relationships have started with my thinking "hey shes hot/cute/tasty". Once an initial attraction is felt, then i have an interest in getting to know her. Once i know her, knowledge of person and attraction tend to shift polarities, and her personality to me and her as a person are foremost in the relationship.
Very true. The very first thing you know about anyone is how they look, male or female.

ohheybbyitscorixx

My appearance makes me sad and I critique myself all day long. But as far as other people's appearance goes, I don't have many standards. I do not mind if someone is short or tall, big or small, funny or serious, outgoing or mysterious. (Apparently, I channeled Dr. Seuss for that one. ;D) Seriously, I love personality. I used to be judgmental. To an extent, in my mind, I still say "Oh, so and so would look much better to ME if they did this or that." But the keyword is me. I have realized a long time ago I have no right to stick my nose up to anyone because of how they look. It's actions that matter to me. I have been around people who smelled a little funny, and people who have been made fun of for lookin' a little "funny" (although I don't think so.) I actually appreciate the many different fashions/looks of my fellow humans.

FriendlyShadow

Today, I was just looking at this photo of a named girl Hana Hwang, I'm not sure if she's still alive today. (Incase, you guys want to look up some of her pictures.) She suffers from progeria disease and honestly I still couldn't care less what she looked even when I looked at her from the picture. I know some people will think she looks pretty weird, but I read in some of her interviews with someone, and she does seem like a nice person. Oh, which brings me to my next question. If your boyfriend/girlfriend suddenly suffered from like cancer, muscular dystrophy, or even this kind of disease that Hana had ,especially, would you still be with them? I'm curious.

WeirdyMcGee

If your boyfriend/girlfriend suddenly suffered from like cancer, muscular dysrtophy, or even this kind of disease,especially, would you still be with them? I'm curious.

Yes.
My boyfriend went through cancer treatments and I was around for all of that.
Never occurred to me to leave him because of it... seems kind of silly.
Then again, he was with me from the first day I found out I was sick.

Aletheia

If she isnt, then im not doing part of my job as her husband, and that is keeping her happy.

This.

The very first thing you know about anyone is how they look, male or female.

Yup. So that's the starting point of your understanding of them. But it's just a starting point.

If your boyfriend/girlfriend suddenly suffered from like cancer, muscular dystrophy, or even this kind of disease that Hana had ,especially, would you still be with them? I'm curious.

If we were deeply bonded by that stage, then I can't imagine NOT being with them. Especially if they were dying, I'd want treasure every day I had left with them. (Not that it wouldn't be a very difficult trial for all concerned.)

Etbow23

Who says chubby isn't good looking? Or long hair on a guy? Long hair on a guy is one of my biggest turn-ons.