Does anybody on here have zero real friends?

SophiaL

Like really no friends? I hear and read a lot about people who say they only have a few friends, or people who say they have some friends but they don't really connect etc. But I was wondering if anybody really had no friends like I do? I am really not lying when I say I have absolutely nobody I could consider a friend and I feel sort of weird for being, what seems to be, the only one who lives like that. Thoughts?

LittleGloves

I use to have a few close friends who I really could tell all my problems with but as time passes we drifted apart and it was not the same anymore. So I am back to square one.

Kiwong

Yes, that is pretty much me. I live very much alone.

I have more friends over the internet that I do in my day to day life.

Whoopdeedoo

I feel that way too
Im there for them
But what about me?
Im not feeling the love lol

You appear to be a very pretty girl
People could be threatened by that or jealous
And thats their sh*t
Dont own it!
Youre young
People can suck
& youll work your way through this
Im learning to detach
Put up boundries and not expect too much from people
A good sense of humour helps too
When people get nasty or you feel ignored
Verbally assasinate them in your head
That can sure lighten things up
Good luck
It will all be ok!
Give time time

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Yea I used to have a great core group of friends in my teens and a while after that. But over time I've become disconnected with them due to us living far away from each other.
Now, due to me having SA and APD I struggle to feel a connection with people so I can form good friendships.
Im working to change my mindset, because I don't want to be like this forever.
I don't need a million friends, but a one or two who are just nice people would be good.

DSK91

I don't leave my house often. The courses I've been taking are online, so the only social interactions are in my house. There are usually friends of my family here, but I avoid them when I can. The people I knew from high school I avoided until they stopped trying to find me. I have been tying to make an effort to meet people online, which seems difficult to do. I would be great if there were a community, outside of the virtual world, that catered to people with anxiety and depression.

SophiaL

I don't leave my house often. The courses I've been taking are online, so the only social interactions are in my house. There are usually friends of my family here, but I avoid them when I can. The people I knew from high school I avoided until they stopped trying to find me. I have been tying to make an effort to meet people online, which seems difficult to do. I would be great if there were a community, outside of the virtual world, that catered to people with anxiety and depression.

I would be great too if such a thing existed, it's a good idea.

Livemylife

I don't have any friends. There's not even anyone online whom I chat with. Oh, I know what you mean when people say they're loners but in actuality have friends. I really have 0 friends, haven't hung out with people in about 2 years. Don't have FB. Don't have anyone I text with. :) I added a smiley so my post doesn't sound sad haha.

Diend

Once you start having more people to hang out with, you realize it is more comfortable to be alone. They can abuse you which can hurt more than if you never met them at all. Having many social obligations means less time to do things you want to do. You will never understand until you've been hurt by someone you thought you trusted.

Section_31

This is me. There's ppl I know. But I don't consider them friends. IE I see a neighbour on the street, we'll exchange hellos, but that's about it. My friends are all here.

Lilly789

There are people I know, but I have NO friends in real life, and only about 2 online - and I only talk to those two maybe once every two months.

I really wonder about people on here who talk about their friends / boyfriend / husband and then claim to have Social Phobia (which is a professionally diagnosed condition). Most SA people are unable to do these things. I think these people probably just have a general anxiety when around people and some so******ation issues - this is not the same thing. SA impacts SIGNIFICANTLY on your day to day life, stopping you from functioning normally (this actually forms part of the 'rules' for diagnosis).

Hoppy

So far this year, no phone calls, no emails, no invitations, no visits.

Same as last year.

And the year before.

SoScared

I really wonder about people on here who talk about their friends / boyfriend / husband and then claim to have Social Phobia (which is a professionally diagnosed condition). Most SA people are unable to do these things. I think these people probably just have a general anxiety when around people and some so******ation issues - this is not the same thing. SA impacts SIGNIFICANTLY on your day to day life, stopping you from functioning normally (this actually forms part of the 'rules' for diagnosis).

Disagree..many people have safe zones where they can socially function. i.e at home or in the company of a select few individuals. However these same people can experience extreme difficulty going to the mall for example. They do have SA.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
SoScared, I totally agree with you.
SA isnt something that just fits into a little square box which you can tick because you meet those requirements. You can have DEBILITATING social anxiety, but put on your mask and get through some situations, even though your withering away behind that mask. Yet other situations can be totally unbearable - literally.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah huv'nae hud any real friends since high school - even durin' that period uh ma life, ah didnae huv many - most of them were pot-smokin', sex-obsessed and cooler than ah could ever hope tae be.

Ah hud one friend, at best - but then he was also physically disabled, so we kinda bonded over huvin' that in common, strangely.

And it doesnae really bother me that ah don't huv friends... Loneliness sucks. But it pass if ye don't give it too much thought.

But then, ah'm no' the kinda guy who feels ah need friends tae be happy. Coz ye huv tae be happy in yerself, first n' foremost. Ah know... Selfish, innit?

Also, ye cannae really forced somebuddy tae like ye - not that ah want tae be liked. But ah learnt that wantin' people tae like ye isnae within your control, really. Nae point tryin' tae please others all the time. Sorry, rambling like a rambler.

planemo

Like really no friends? I hear and read a lot about people who say they only have a few friends, or people who say they have some friends but they don't really connect etc. But I was wondering if anybody really had no friends like I do? I am really not lying when I say I have absolutely nobody I could consider a friend and I feel sort of weird for being, what seems to be, the only one who lives like that. Thoughts?

if you're referring to people outside of first degree relatives, then yes i have not one. i wouldn't really regard my family as friends either, but since they're in my life it's the only reason i'm not a total loner.