Do You Wish You Lived Somewhere Else?

Flanscho

Not really. This city is nice, and I got friends here. If I'd live somewhere else, then either on my own tiny island (if I'd have one) or in Scandinavia (not much different from here, but fewer people) or on Hokkaidou. But since I take ages to make friends, I just stay here for now. Took me a decade to assemble my current circle of friends.

this_portrait

I enjoy living in Chicago, for the most part. Not a huge fan of the neighborhood I live in, though, so if I could find a relatively inexpensive apartment in a quieter neighborhood, that would be perfect.

Niiña

Ohhh! That's a good question for me! If I'm very sincere, I really would wish live in another place, I don't like also where I'm living, I would like to live in some country of Europe or scandinavia, but really I hate where I borned, I think the destiny wasn't good with me, we can't chose our destiny( family, country when we born, culture... Etc). Also I don't deny I have some good things but really I don't like live in my country.

xDreamseller

A part of me wants to live in Canada, preferably somewhere that gets lots of rain. I love the rain.

Finally someone else who likes rain! :) I'm pretty lucky, it rains at least half the time here in Ireland.

The only "plan/dream" I've ever had is to move to live in the US. I don't feel Irish in the slightest. I hate pretty much everything about living here, apart from my immediate family and the landscape. It's a very beautiful place, but I just don't feel like I fit in.

Every TV show I've watched, song I've listened to, people I aspire to be like, they are 95% of the time, american. In the small town I live in, people constantly ask where I'm from (I've lived there my whole life) and constantly say my accent is "odd" and slightly american. Here, everyone knows everyone and things are all very small scale. (Schools with 40 people in them, total etc)

Even though I have SA, I love being in crowds/busy places. Not large group conversations, more...lost in a crowd. On holiday in New York was the best I've ever felt. I felt "cured" of my SA. I felt normal, like I fitted in there.

bleach

Banned
I'd die to live in New York.

New York is a dirty concrete ant farm full of soulless status seekers. You are infinitely luckier to live in Dalton.

If I could live anywhere else it would be Appalachia, Scotland, northern Canada, Iceland or the Roman Empire

Flanscho

In general I'm fine with Cologne. The city got tons of parks, a lot of nice people and interesting events, I like it.

In general though, I'd really like to live next to the ocean. Southern Chile, Hokkaidou or Canada might be fun, or Scandinavia.

TheTemp

My country's falling apart as we speak. I'd like to live in a big city in the US where I could be a complete nobody.

wanderingstar

At the moment I wish I could go to an isolated cottage or cabin and just live in a cooler climate. I feel distracted, maybe that's an excuse, but I want to go somewhere. Live alone and go into town 1-2 times a month and just focus on my pursuits.

Kevin T

Re: Never

I like California, but I hate that the job situation is so bad here.
I had trouble enough getting a job having social phobia when things were good, now it's just impossible.

Gaucho

no, because i know my state state of happiness is not dependent to where i live. thats only dreaming.

cowboyup

Don't hate me cuz I'm beautiful....:)

I actually like where I live. There's tons of things to do - now my challenge is to get out there and live!

I have lived in California, Michigan and North Carolina. All have their own uniqueness and beauty, and great people. But for now, I like where I am at.

I don't think my SA would be different or handling it differently if I were somewhere else. For me anyhow, it's a state of mind. haha, I made a bad pun.
'state' ... ok bad joke.

One day I would love to travel to other parts of the US and the world though.