do you trust others?

nikki_marie

I have just been having a think, funnily enought about my own problems and once i came to my conclusion, it instantly thought about this site and some of you guys issues.
Ask yourself honestly... do you trust people? generally, do you trust human kind not to hurt you?
If you dont trust a single person walking down the same road you are, it is no wounder we will feel nervous socially all the time, because were always expecting the worst. i dont even mean trust people in the sense of 'trust not to mugg me' i mean i trust people not to be passing judgement on me at this moment. do you trust people to give you a fair chance? do you trust people to want to like you?
i have trust issues, which is what it comes down to for me, i dont trust people to take me for who i am no matter what my current state is eg happy or sad. the thing weith this is, if you dont trust people you shut off, you dont want to share yourself, and we as people dont like this and it actuly pushes people away.
if we trust enough to be open, whether good or bad, we will be accepted for who we are, if we are rejected then atleast we know we have been true to ourself, which i would rather be hated for than the person i am pretending to be.

just thought i would share my thoughts.

Silvox Black

Trust. Hmph. I hardly ever dole it out to anyone anymore. To answer your question, no, I do not trust humanity. I do not trust the majority of us to know what it is to harm others. I do not trust humanity to be inherently good. To me, the corruption and debauchery that I have witnessed at the hands of humans proves to me that to trust the majority of humans is lethal. I remain distant from most outsiders. I do not present myself openly. I would rather protect myself than risk my well being and sanity for the sake of some ignorant fool's whims when they do not understand the implications of their actions.

Last edited:

Kat

You're right an no I don't, it takes me a long time to trust people.

I am always analyzing what they are saying and wondering if there is any negative connotations from it. It feels awkward if they do like me because it goes against how I think a feel about me.

Krista

I don't put my trust in just everyone but there are a few people that I do completely with. It takes me an extremely long time to be totally comfortable with someone and I realize that this gives them the power to hurt me, given the chance. But I have to believe they won't..which is why I trust them in the first place.

If that made a lick of sense, lol :)

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I trust everyone on the planet precisely as far as I can predict their behavior. You can trust certain people always to act in certain ways, regardless of whether this behavior is 'honest' or 'good'. If it is predictable, it can be counted on.

Predacon

That's a tough question. I trust the people around me. I try to be open minded with strangers, but given that you don't really know what thier motivations are it's important not to be too trusting.

lyricalliaisons

A lot of times, I can be really gullible & will immediately believe anything that soemone tells me. I guess I automatically assume everything everything says is the truth because everything I say is the truth, so in that aspect, I guess I trust people too much. On the other hand, I tend to distrust people until I get to know them well. I guess I just assume most people are not good people until they prove to me that they are. It's odd. At times, I'm far too trusting & other times, I'm the opposite.

Acme

"Trust and you'll be trusted
Says the liar to the fool..."

("Lust and so what if you're busted?
In love and war there aint no rules")

:)

A_Void_Ant

I don't think I can fully trust anyone. I do find some people trustworthy, but time can change that. I suppose the right woman in my life would be entitled to my fully trusting her. Not that that's going to happen anytime soon.

butterflydreams

No.
I just don't take people seriously. I am a good listener and when someone needs some support, I'll try to be there, but I just don't expect others to do the same for me. So Screw it.

I've always felt like an alien when it comes to human interaction and socializing. In that sense, I feel I act like someone from another planet might. Observe, exercise extreme caution when interacting with them, and avoid any personal harm. There are very few people I extend my trust.

slicknsly

Now a days I trust only myself. I have come to see that everyone has their own reality and they do and think as they please in it, and many use others to support themselves and their own ideas. :confused:

Lea

Banned
A lot of times, I can be really gullible & will immediately believe anything that soemone tells me. I guess I automatically assume everything everything says is the truth because everything I say is the truth, so in that aspect, I guess I trust people too much. On the other hand, I tend to distrust people until I get to know them well. I guess I just assume most people are not good people until they prove to me that they are. It's odd. At times, I'm far too trusting & other times, I'm the opposite.

Exactly as you say it.

AGR

I only trust poeple who deserve trust,of course its hard to tell,I might be wrong sometimes,but I trust my gut.