do you think sex will cure your social phobia

Krista

Anyone who feels sex will cure social phobia is sadly mistaken. You might garner some confidence but I doubt do anything more.

Felgen

I can sort of understand that. I've never dated a guy but even if I would I doubt I would ever feel comfortable having sex.
For me it isn't the fear of pregnancy, I just don't trust men at all and I also feel that I would be huge disappointment in bed.

Oh well, reason number 439 why persona will never go to date...

Practice makes perfect. ;) Most men do not care about experience...

LadyWench

I can sort of understand that. I've never dated a guy but even if I would I doubt I would ever feel comfortable having sex.
For me it isn't the fear of pregnancy, I just don't trust men at all and I also feel that I would be huge disappointment in bed.

Oh well, reason number 439 why persona will never go to date...

I'm sorry. Dating is extremely hard when you have no confidence. Luckily, the person I'm with isn't put off by my lack of self-esteem. I'm sure you could find someone that would feel the same way. If you don't mind me asking, why don't you trust men?

I think the person above is correct in saying that most men don't care about experience. If you find someone that loves you for you, your lack of experience won't matter to them. Not only that, but there are tons of males that simply like sex, and being the best isn't what they're looking for.

Flanscho

Nah, sex won't cure SA. Sure, it can give you confidence, it can strengthen the bond between you and your partner, but it can't cure SA.

no it will not. if you have seen my other post you will no i am a virgin and i am going to sort that out soon even if i have to pay for it. now every one has a back grand that has led to SA. i am not going in to my back grand but i have been thinking and have been working hard to sort out my SA. there it no cure for SA i think it is about control over SA.

i have a thread (The never ending War on SA) part one. now part two i am stall working o and will get up but it has to do with how i see SA and what i am do to battle it and it is working big time atm. now the have sex thing it part of that but it is not all of it.

Diend

I don't think sex cures social phobia, but you might have a desire to have sex to feel more confident. I think that is healthy unless you start having a lot of sexual partners in order to prove something. There could be an inferiority complex deeply rooted in your lack of sex that causes social phobia so please have sex for pleasure but please do it in a healthy way that won't hurt your partner emotionally.

Not for me, but it is great anyway. In my eyes sex is like pizza: no matter how often you get it or how bad/good/great it is, you're still eating pizza and that's never bad! :bigsmile:

Kiwong

It would propbably make it worse. I find it hard talking to people. JUst imagine the complications of an intimate thing like sex, what about possibilities of misunderstanding and embarrassment.

Zackarydoo

It would help me hugely because I would then know that someone thought I looked ok enough to want to have sex with me! All you lot talking about it being nice and it not helping - Step back and consider how lucky you are that you even know someone who wants to have sex with you.

IntheLabyrinth

I don't think sex by itself will help it at all. I think a relationship with someone you feel really comfortable with may help. Especially, if the person is caring, a great listener, and generally wants to help build up your self-esteem and help you get better. I guess that person would be similar to a psychologist. However, I don't know that there are very many people like that who want expend the effort and time to do that. Maybe I am just too cynical to think there are many people like that.

GhastlyCC

No,
Seems pretty foolish to think that it would in my opinion.I'm not exactly in a situation to to say what does and what doesn't cause SA,But I seriously doubt that anybody's SA stems from having never bumped uglies.

People put too much weight on sex.
They act as if you level up or something.

"Achievement unlocked:Boned

social phobia shield acquired"
No, I'm scared of that D:

:giggle:

Last edited: