Do you have problems with the opposite gender?

Tomasso

I do.

I feel like this is the root of my insecurity in life. I don't feel like a man because I don't talk to any girls.

Sometimes I feel like if I was good looking all these problems would go away.

What about you?

Roman Legion

In most situations I can't talk to anyone, regardless of gender; so don't feel bad about it.. Screw percieved normality, 'normality' only leads to unecessary stress and BS in your life..

EscapeArtist

Yes, I think this is actually a place in life where it is natural to be apprehensive and nervous, a lot of folk will relate to you, even those who don't have SP! But having SP can make it a little more intense. Lucky I guess that I'm a lesbian who never sees other lesbians around, I can't even imagine if I were to find somebody attractive around me in person, I'd have the same problem. The kind of thing that, with even just 1 person to practice around, can get better though , the fear is great but dies fast kind of thing

Boby

Yep I do.For some reason I forget that girls are humans too and not some aliens that want to eat my brain:D

Feeling_Nothing

Oh yes, when some girl starts talking to me I totally shut down and feel like a complete idiot...I'm always uncomfortable then because I think I have nothing to tell them that might interest them...

Kinetik

Yep I do.For some reason I forget that girls are humans too and not some aliens that want to eat my brain:D

Haha, some are but that's another story.

It's weird, if I could go back in time I'd have predicted a life full of solitude and loneliness but I always seem to land on my feet in the relationship department. I find it much easier to have one than to have a friendship. So for me it's like the whole deal is reversed. Although the relationships seldom go smoothly.

montejocarlo

i do. i'm most awkward when around them. & there's no exception. i feel that way even with my own cousins. i don't have close friends from the opposite sex for that same reason.

MrJones

I used to, like not being able to talk at all, or just a couple of words mumbling and stuttering.

Now it's so much better, it's just like with anyone else. Still, they treat me like a little brother or something, so the fact that no one is really interested in me can make it easier, maybe :p

twiggle

Generally no, I don't have any problems interacting with men.
But if we're talking about relationship stuff... I've not really got much trust at the moment. Over the past couple of months I've had to deal with a couple of cases of unwanted attention that have bordered on stalking and its taken a lot out of me tbh. Btw I don't think they liked me because I'm anything special, I think they were just desperate ::p:
It means I'm generally more comfortable around other women at the moment, unless they're guys I know well.

Last edited:
I do, is basically what my SA is about. I have no big problems interacting with women if is some sort of "bureaucratic" or "formal" situation. But when it comes to true socializing, I simply don't do it because fear overwhelms me. I am absolutely aware that my fears are completely irrational but that hasn't helped me at all to take them out of my mind. All I know is that it's been 18 years since the last time I had a female friend offline, and with the few online I'm unable to do anything resembling teasing and/or flirting like other guys do.

WeirdyMcGee

I have trouble with the opposite gender, yeah.
I don't want romance, don't want relationships; and that's all they want.
I've always had an easier time making friends with guys-- but as an adult, It's become a problem being 'just friends' with someone who wants more.

I have problems with girls, too.
They tend to hate me.

So, problems with both genders. Problems with people in general.

coyote

i know the function of all the working parts and how to operate them pretty well

the software seems a little buggy sometimes, though

Waybuloo

Yeah I do, because it's always been men who move their seat away from me like I have some horrible disease. I hate men. They are also the ones who ridicule me, as if I even care.

coyote

Yeah I do, because it's always been men who move their seat away from me like I have some horrible disease. I hate men. They are also the ones who ridicule me, as if I even care.

i'd move my seat closer if you sat next to me

Boby

Well I agree with coyote on this....maybe if you didn't hate them so much maybe they will not run from you.