Do you collect anything?

hidwell

I collect trivia and things that interest me and there they stay in the recesses of my mind.

Flanscho

Hmmm, there are a lot of things I like and I have several of... Like fern (I got two golden serpent fern, a "male fern", and a maidenhair spleenwort). I also like board games, got about 8 of those. Uhm... I guess I collect items that remind me on nice events or persons. Like, flight tickets to friends, post cards from friends or family, festival tickets and so on. hmm...

Hmmm, there are a lot of things I like and I have several of... Like fern (I got two golden serpent fern, a "male fern", and a maidenhair spleenwort). I also like board games, got about 8 of those. Uhm... I guess I collect items that remind me on nice events or persons. Like, flight tickets to friends, post cards from friends or family, festival tickets and so on. hmm...

Last edited:
I collect movies and shows in digital format. I love having terrabytes full of content (or I'd love to have it, more accurately. It's a little expensive for me at the moment). But that's more virtual hoarding. ::p:

I also collect limited edition figurines, toys and statues.

upndwn

I collect roleplaying books, Warhammer miniatures and Whiskey (Yes I'm a complete gamer geek :p)

MikeyC

Personally I collect knives, mostly antique pocket knives. I have over 400 of them ranging from a few currently manufactured American pattern knives to a very unusual bone handled switchblade made in Germany in the 1930's.
Wow, that's awesome, man. I would love to see a photo or two if possible!

I collect heavy metal CD's. Over 1,300 at last count. :)

Flanscho

Do you mean like a fern as in a plant? I've kept all of my plane tickets! Cool. I'm getting some interesting replies :)

Yep, the plants. :) One of them is even preparing to grow spores. ^^ Multiplying them via spores is very difficult, but I'll try anyway. :) The golden serpent ferns of mine also grow a lot of new fronts. Considering how huge they get, it's fascinating to see how tiny they are now.

474724_10201496751247085_911102048_o.jpg

upndwn

Wow, that's awesome, man. I would love to see a photo or two if possible!

I collect heavy metal CD's. Over 1,300 at last count. :)

I used to collect Metal CD's myself, but I lost most of my collection in a break in a few years back. My collection was nowhere near your number however, I maybe had about 400 CD's (including concerts on DVD). Nowadays I mostly use Spotify for music or buy MP3 versions of the albums.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I used to collect Metal CD's myself, but I lost most of my collection in a break in a few years back. My collection was nowhere near your number however, I maybe had about 400 CD's (including concerts on DVD). Nowadays I mostly use Spotify for music or buy MP3 versions of the albums.
That sucks about the break-in. ::(:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I used to collect living dead dolls... But then I started to move all the time and figured it would be better to limit the amount of stuff I carry, so I stopped buying more... I still kept those I had already though, so I have a small collection of 11 dolls :p

neardeath

I am a bag/backpack addict. Most of them are canvas/leather. I have a bag for every occasion LOL

upndwn

That sucks about the break-in. ::(:

Yeah. They stole a lot of other stuff as well, including my Playstation 2 and most of my games. They were caught by the police several months later, but by then they had sold all of my stuff. I was to scared to press charges because I couldn't handle being a witness in a trial with SA and all.

MikeyC

Yeah. They stole a lot of other stuff as well, including my Playstation 2 and most of my games. They were caught by the police several months later, but by then they had sold all of my stuff. I was to scared to press charges because I couldn't handle being a witness in a trial with SA and all.
Man, that is super lame. Sorry to hear.