Do you collect anything?

MikeyC

Part of my knife collection. The two pics of the single knife are one and the same. It's the highlight of my collection, the bone handled German switchblade mfg. before WWII.
That is a LOT of knives, but that is impressive. Nice guns, too. Remind me never to piss you off! :bigsmile:

MikeyC

Nah man, its all good brother. I was too lazy to drag out the other knives and guns to snap pics. Thank you for the compliments :) I figured some would be put off at the fact by what I collect but they are all used for law abiding sporting purposes. What metal artists are you into?
That's okay, because the ones you bought out were impressive. :) I can understand why some would be put off, seeing as they are essentially weapons, but I think it's cool. :)

I'm into too many to name. ::p: Seriously hundreds.

theoutsider

I like angels and wolves. So, I tried collecting figurines of both. When I moved out of state, I gave them away and just haven't gotten into restarting the collection.

MikeyC

I see the knives as tools, personally. Just cutting tools, some are pretty and some ain't. Those handguns, yeah... all weapon. The colt and stainless smith are more or less safe queens that never get used anymore but the model 28 has went a lot of miles in the mountains under my jacket just to protect my little family from a bear or a feral pig. Essentially more of a tool in that role.
Have you ever used the gun in the mountains to shoot an attacking animal?

MikeyC

Strangely enough the one time wasn't in the mountains, it was down here in the flat lands and it was a rabid Hound dog. Picture the movie Cujo. It was trying to attack me and the horse I was riding. I was riding through some thick woods and he came out of nowhere and bit the horse and tried to bite me but he didn't get to. Luckily I got the horse to a doctor and it was fine after a bunch of stitches and vaccines.
Wow! Quite a story, mate. I guess those things come in handy during those times. :)

MikeyC

I had ridden to my cousin's place and we had been shooting recreationally is the only reason it was with me at the time. I miss being able to saddle the horse and ride to his place through the woods and across the fields and creeks. Had to sell the horse when we moved to this subdivision :sad:
Aw, that's bad. :sad: But, as is the point of the thread, you still have that nice collection of guns and knives to remember those times, and to admire yourself. :)

MikeyC

Do you ever listen to Slipknot, Korn, or Rage Against The Machine? I heard disturbed's version of Dio's holy diver and I LOVE it :thumbup:
Of the three, I'll listen to Slipknot more than the others. I don't have their latest album, though. I've heard Disturbed's version of that song. It's critically panned but I can see the merit in it. :)

upndwn

Whiskey? I like that. Mine generally don't stick around long enough to collect :sad:

I live in a collective with three other Whiskey collector's so we like to pool our resources. Some bottles have been saved for special occasions as well. The rest we share. We have about 50 bottles give or take amongst us.