Do you collect anything?

Memories of failure, memories of shame.
^:sad:

I collect the calendars of my life. I can't throw any calendar from previous years out, in case I need to know something from the information written on each day.
This started 18 years ago. It sucks because they take a lot of room up in my cupboard.

Used to collect cereal boxes.
Used to collect movie theatre tickets.
Used to collect coins.
Used to collect swords, daggers, axes.

Now I collect.... not a thing. Well, hmm, maybe I collect dust?

Odo

Banned
I used to collect CDs and DVDs, which was a really bad decision because they're absolutely worthless now.

I also have a couple hundred vinyl LPs from when I collected those... also a bad decision because now they're just taking up space.

I don't currently collect anything at all.

^:sad:

I collect the calendars of my life. I can't throw any calendar from previous years out, in case I need to know something from the information written on each day.
This started 18 years ago. It sucks because they take a lot of room up in my cupboard.

Last edited:

DanBabineau

I collect paper money, meaning bills from around the world. I probably have between 50-60 of them, and most of them are from different countries. It's kind of a cool hobby because, in a way, you can tell a lot about a country from the design of their money.

Phoenixx

I don't really collect anything anymore, besides the usual books, music, and movies. I used to collect stamps years ago, but gave up on that. Also used to collect coins and bills from other countries, but again I stopped doing that too.

MikeyC

I collect paper money, meaning bills from around the world. I probably have between 50-60 of them, and most of them are from different countries. It's kind of a cool hobby because, in a way, you can tell a lot about a country from the design of their money.
That's really cool. :) Any photos?

MikeyC

Oh yeah, definitely. Here's a few.
Wow, that's actually really impressive! I didn't even know Antarctica had its own currency. The more you know. Also I laugh at the TEN BILLION DOLLARS of Zimbabwe. :D

Do you have any Australian notes?

DanBabineau

Australian? I'm not sure, I haven't touched my collection in a few months now. I'm a bit curious now though, I should check!

As a kid I used to collect everything. I suspect it had something to do with me being insecure. We were always moving and I felt out of control of my life, never had the friends or stable home life I wanted, so I held onto the one thing I could - possessions. All of them. I cried over a cactus that fell on the floor and became uprooted. I cried over a lot of things I broke/lost, etc.

These days the main thing I collect is books. I guess technically you could also say I collect earrings, haha. Maybe shoes too, but... well, then you could say shirts, and underwear. I'm being too literal. I guess I don't have a "special" collection of anything. I used to collect porcelain dolls and I had a lanyard with a TON of keychains on it. I had a good-sized collection of Beanie Babies. I once collected Pokemon cards. I could go on.

As a kid I used to collect everything. I suspect it had something to do with me being insecure. We were always moving and I felt out of control of my life, never had the friends or stable home life I wanted, so I held onto the one thing I could - possessions. All of them. I cried over a cactus that fell on the floor and became uprooted. I cried over a lot of things I broke/lost, etc.

These days the main thing I collect is books. I guess technically you could also say I collect earrings, haha. Maybe shoes too, but... well, then you could say shirts, and underwear. I'm being too literal. I guess I don't have a "special" collection of anything. I used to collect porcelain dolls and I had a lanyard with a TON of keychains on it. I had a good-sized collection of Beanie Babies. I once collected Pokemon cards. I could go on.

Yep, kind of the same. It's like going through phases. Eventually the items you are collecting become not such a big deal.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Used tae collect comic-books since ah was a wee lad! But that kinda stopped, like, 3 years ago. Not because ah was gettin' older just because ah couldnae afford tae buy some of the more rare comics being sold at comic-book store ah used tae visit. Ah've been collect guitars & other musically instruments since ah was 14. As well as guitar effects pedals.