Do any of you wish that you live in another time?

Dovahkiin

I wish i lived in the 1800's
allenpic.JPG

MikeyC

I wish i lived in the 1800's
Why?

I don't mind the time I'm living in now. We have good technology and the world is more connected than ever. I would miss some of our luxuries if I lived in the past.

If anything, I would like to have lived 50 years in the future. Imagine the kind of stuff we'd have then (although the lack of oil would be bad, but let's not think about that!).

MsBuzzkillington

I actually wish I could have lived thousands of years ago before we settled down and started farming. Would have been awesome to live in the time of the hunter gatherers.

MikeyC

I actually wish I could have lived thousands of years ago before we settled down and started farming. Would have been awesome to live in the time of the hunter gatherers.
See, I wouldn't like to live in these times, but I would've liked to have been a fly-on-the-wall observer of how they lived.

EDIT: Actually, observe life 65 million years ago. Now that would be awesome.

MsBuzzkillington

See, I wouldn't like to live in these times, but I would've liked to have been a fly-on-the-wall observer of how they lived.

EDIT: Actually, observe life 65 million years ago. Now that would be awesome.

20 hour work week, delicious foods, fun activities, a life with little war, no crime, little hate, no governments, no police, no separation of classes, everyone is equal. Sounds like a dream to me.

MikeyC

20 hour work week, delicious foods, fun activities, a life with little war, no crime, little hate, no governments, no police, no separation of classes, everyone is equal. Sounds like a dream to me.
You get eaten by lions. :eek:

I guess I can see the good in it.

MrJones

I wish that I was born a thousand years ago
I wish that I'd sail the darkened seas
On a great big clipper ship
Going from this land here to that
In a sailor's suit and cap
Away from the big city
Where a man can not be free
Of all of the evils of this town
And of himself, and those around

Sounds good to me, but I guess I just don't know.

Feeling_Nothing

Has to be the 80's for me aswell ! So many good bands/music ! No computer ! I mean, right now I'm glad but I'm definately curious about how life would be if NOONE had a computer.

Gaucho

when i was little i alway thought it would be cool to be a man in the woods and to mke a living by robbing people, specially passengers with horses near the woods, like in obelix and asterix.lol. now i know it wasn't a pleasure time back then.