Did you hear what happened in Norway?

Feathers

There was a bombing in the city of Oslo, capital of Norway - shattered and damaged a building with a tabloid newspaper near governmental building: 7 people killed, at least 15 injured.

Then, a shooting in a youth camp: 84 young people were killed. Someone dressed as a policeman asked them to approach and started fire on them. (!)

A suspect has been arrested (right-wing nationalistic blonde Norwegian guy), they are still investigating what happened and why. Initially an Islamic group claimed responsibility for the bombing but since then withdrew it.

It does make one wonder, is it just one person/group or is there MORE behind this?

My heart goes out to Norway.

More info (with photos and links to video footage):
Norway horror: 80 die in camp shooting, 7 in blast - Yahoo! News

Governments worldwide sent condolences and encouraged for 'worldwide fight against terror' (?)
Does that mean they want to sell x-ray devices to European airports too?? (And more guns/weapons worldwide?)
Whoever caused it, it might be used by the PR of war industry...

sucettes

I live in Norway. At least I didn't get personally affected but it's still very shocking. My condolences for those who have lost loved ones in the attacks. It's a mad world we live in! ::(:

Sproggy

Yes, this actually made me so angry. Children! There is no excuse for that, and in such a peaceful country. My condolences as well to all those involved.

Feathers

Aww, sucettes... Glad to hear you and yours are safe... It all seems a bit 'insane' and 'senseless' indeed!! Yeah, it's a big shock to everyone EU-wide and worldwide I guess!!

Norway always seemed quite peace-loving and democratic!!
(Maybe that's why it became a target? Or maybe it's just unrelated...)

Condolences to anyone who might have lost someone or got affected by this!!

sucettes

Aww, sucettes... Glad to hear you and yours are safe... It all seems a bit 'insane' and 'senseless' indeed!! Yeah, it's a big shock to everyone EU-wide and worldwide I guess!!

Norway always seemed quite peace-loving and democratic!!
(Maybe that's why it became a target? Or maybe it's just unrelated...)

Condolences to anyone who might have lost someone or got affected by this!!

I have no idea why this happened and I find the whole thing very confusing. An Islamic group claimed responsibility for the bombing but then a Norwegian guy got arrested. We have gotten threats from Islamic groups before but they haven't managed to do anything and it doesn't seem like this is something related to that? I really don't know and the police hasn't told us much. It's very scary anyway, and I don't want to point fingers at who's done it, etc. But it's so shocking and scary. You are not safe anywhere, anymore. ::(: Thank you, Feathers.

MaliceInWickedland

Yeah, I heard about it yesterday morning. I give my sincerest condolences to anyone living in Norway, who have relatives there, or are of Norwegian descent. I'll never understand how anyone could do this, let alone have the thought cross their mind. A lot of innocent people died and unfortunately that's usually the case when things like this happen.

IGotSeoul

There was a bombing in the city of Oslo, capital of Norway - shattered and damaged a building with a tabloid newspaper near governmental building: 7 people killed, at least 15 injured.

Then, a shooting in a youth camp: 84 young people were killed. Someone dressed as a policeman asked them to approach and started fire on them. (!)

A suspect has been arrested (right-wing nationalistic blonde Norwegian guy), they are still investigating what happened and why. Initially an Islamic group claimed responsibility for the bombing but since then withdrew it.

It does make one wonder, is it just one person/group or is there MORE behind this?

My heart goes out to Norway.

More info (with photos and links to video footage):
Norway horror: 80 die in camp shooting, 7 in blast - Yahoo! News

Governments worldwide sent condolences and encouraged for 'worldwide fight against terror' (?)
Does that mean they want to sell x-ray devices to European airports too?? (And more guns/weapons worldwide?)
Whoever caused it, it might be used by the PR of war industry...

Just finished reading a few articles on it.

It has made me absolutely sick to my stomach.

Feathers

Hey guys ((hugs))

What gives me hope is amount of people who CARE and who don't want things like this!!

I just googled a bit and found a few sites and articles where this is being discussed too...

Interesting ideas on another forum: Norway has OIL. LOTS of it!!
Norway isn't in EU. But has LOTs of money. (From oil.)
(For those who don't know: EU has signed to help Greece from debt with bailout money... hmm..??
Many EU countries have had debt problems themselves...
But. Norway. Has. No. Debt. -?? Since 1995 - at least an article online says so??)

One of the offices that was mentioned in the bomb attack was Oil and Energy Office... (?)

Some people are also speculating about upcoming voting time in Norway...
(And there are differing views within Norway on how to spend the oil money and on immigration laws etc.)

These are just speculations, I just found it interesting....

Times like this, my OCD can kick in a little, and I may become obsessed with researching these things... Gotta grab something to eat...

((hugs))

As long as there are more GOOD people who CARE there will still be hope for EU and Norway and the world!!!!

Srijita52

I've just heard about it.So shocking!!I'm really feeling very upset right now.Why do ppl keep doing these things?!!It seriously should be stopped.

Feathers

Coyote, what makes you confused?

I just posted that because some people thought it might be islamists at first, to report the current state of events (though others on some forums pointed out there may exist blonde islamists too...?)

Do you want to see a picture? (It's all online...)

Yeah, I've read somewhere it might be 98 deaths now... ::(: :mad: :confused:

Gosh, I do need something to eat... My first resort was cocoa to calm down a little...

((hugs)) to anyone who is still upset or going through bad times...

Bad things have happened before, elsewhere, it's just shocking to hear about it in such a peaceful state, in 'civilized' world, so close in a way... But maybe we have been closing eyes for too long over what has been happening in Africa, Asia and elsewhere...?

Rot

Things like this make me lose the little faith I have in the humankind. It's too sad. I try not to think about it but that doesn't make me feel better.

There are crazy people everywhere.

I guess we just have to go on.

coyote

Coyote, what makes you confused?

I just posted that because some people thought it might be islamists at first, to report the current state of events (though others on some forums pointed out there may exist blonde islamists too...?)

i was confused as to why you made a point of including his hair color

it seems like an arbitrary distinction

i thought maybe you equated being blond with being a right-wing nationalist