Did you hear what happened in Norway?

WeirdyMcGee

This is horrible!
I heard something about this yesterday but I usually prefer to close my ears whenever it has anything to do with children.
Adults are bad enough- and buildings--- but children?
I wish there were something I could do. I don't have the money, resources or superpowers to do anything other than say; keep safe and sorry for your loss.

Felgen

The ******* who did it belonged to the conservative right, but wasn't affiliated with neo-nazis anymore. Thankfully, they arrested him yesterday.

The guy who did it was tall and blond with blue eyes; resembling typical Scandinavian stereotype. So this also proves that the fear of Middle Eastern people is exaggerated.

Newtype

I wonder if someone who knew him saw the signs that he might do something like this and never said anything.

They also arrested a second guy who had a knife.

Felgen

I wonder if someone who knew him saw the signs that he might do something like this and never said anything.

They also arrested a second guy who had a knife.

Actually, he didn't seem suspicious at all, but that might be because none of his peers knew about his extreme political views. The guy acted very convincingly when he posed as a police officer and didn't seem scared, nervous or anything like that.

Feathers

i thought maybe you equated being blond with being a right-wing nationalist
Of course not!!! :eek: who do you take me for??
There are lots of nice blonde people everywhere, and some nationalists DEFINITELY don't have blond hair!!

It's just that some articles/media and some people online initially poured outrage on 'terrorists' and 'islamists' (which are usually considered non-blonde) and cries for more 'war on terror' were heard from countries worldwide!

For example: What Just Happened in Oslo, Norway? (UPDATES) | Mother Jones - see some comments there
Honestly, I expected better of Mother Jones! /They only later updated with news on the suspected attacker./ (but truth be told it 'was' written by an intern initially! :rolleyes: )

So yeah, I wanted to point out what Felgen wrote:
The guy who did it was tall and blond with blue eyes; resembling typical Scandinavian stereotype. So this also proves that the fear of Middle Eastern people is exaggerated.
Though I'm not sure if the guy has been 'proven guilty' as of yet?

Last edited:

Felgen

Of course not!!! :eek: who do you take me for??
There are lots of nice blonde people everywhere, and some nationalists DEFINITELY don't have blond hair!!

It's just that some articles/media and some people online initially poured outrage on 'terrorists' and 'islamists' (which are usually considered non-blonde) and cries for more 'war on terror' were heard from countries worldwide!

For example: What Just Happened in Oslo, Norway? (UPDATES) | Mother Jones - see some comments there
Honestly, I expected better of Mother Jones! /They only later updated with news on the suspected attacker./ (but truth be told it 'was' written by an intern initially! :rolleyes: )

So yeah, I wanted to point out what Felgen wrote:

Though I'm not sure if the guy has been 'proven guilty' as of yet?

He has been proven guilty of the camp massacre, but not the bombing. He was, however, seen by witnesses at the bomb scene two minutes before the bomb exploded and is thus the main suspect in the bombing as well.

Also, AUF is the youth wing of the party AP, which also happens to be the party where his main target--prime minister Jens Stoltenberg--represents.

Feathers

Thanks for the update, Felgen. Will appreciate any further news on this, I think I can't google or listen to the radio/TV anymore right now.

Yeah, I forgot to mention it was the youth wing of the political party, thought most people have heard of it already or would read the article/s. I've heard that prime minister might be the target, not so sure of it myself yet... And I possibly lack more background information. Hope this will all unravel soon.

Some people online even say the CIA might have done it, or the war/anti-terror industry might be behind it... I do wonder where the guy got the money for 6 ton of fertilizer and all those weapons/ammunition? (Is there any info about that anywhere?)

Also it is speculated why was the bombing of the offices at a time when there were relatively few people there, 'more damage' could be caused at another 'more busy' time...
Of course maybe we'll never know, people worldwide do wonder though...

sucettes

Thanks for the update, Felgen. Will appreciate any further news on this, I think I can't google or listen to the radio/TV anymore right now.

Yeah, I forgot to mention it was the youth wing of the political party, thought most people have heard of it already or would read the article/s. I've heard that prime minister might be the target, not so sure of it myself yet... And I possibly lack more background information. Hope this will all unravel soon.

Some people online even say the CIA might have done it, or the war/anti-terror industry might be behind it... I do wonder where the guy got the money for 6 ton of fertilizer and all those weapons/ammunition? (Is there any info about that anywhere?)

Also it is speculated why was the bombing of the offices at a time when there were relatively few people there, 'more damage' could be caused at another 'more busy' time...

I wonder too!!! This case is really confusing to me. :confused:

Apparently he was using an M16, which would help. But you would think they would scatter and get in the sea quickly enough, maybe alot of them thought going in the sea would be a bad idea.

I think quite many people went into the sea. He shot the people who went there too, and some drowned. I don't think many of the kids would've been able to swim that far and the water must've been cold too.

Felgen

He ran a business and reportedly had made more than one million NOK from it. Norway is one of the countries with the highest gun ownership rates in the world and after Kuwait and Israel, we have the highest military spendings per capita in the world. Getting an assault rifle isn't really that hard; especially when you have no criminal record.

I think he bought the fertilizer on credit. This seems plausible as he was the owner of an agricultural company.

coyote

...Some people online even say the CIA might have done it, or the war/anti-terror industry might be behind it... I do wonder where the guy got the money for 6 ton of fertilizer and all those weapons/ammunition? (Is there any info about that anywhere?)...

that's alot of crap

and i don't mean the fertilizer

Last edited:

upndwn

I live in Norway, and has been following the news since the bombing started. When we started to hear about the shooting at Utøya we realized that one of our friends was there. We quickly called him, but he whispered and asked us to message him instead, gunshots could be heard in the background over the phone. We tried to message him after that but it took half an hour before we got an answer. He had managed to jump into the water and swim away from the island and was later picked up by a boat. We later learned that over 20 people he knew was either dead or missing.

I have been in total disbelief and shock since it all started, but I almost had a breakdown when I heard the number of casualties in the massacre. It didn't help that certain pictures of mutilated bodies has been circulating the web today, and some sick bastard posted them at a certain website I was shown.

I grew up in Oslo and I often go there in the weekends. I have walked down the street where the bomb went off hundreds of times. I have lots of friends that live in Oslo so I have been really worried these last few hours. Now I'm just glad they have caught the bastard and he has confessed to everything (both the massacre and the bomb). The latest news is that he has apparently posted a manifest on the web a few hours before he committed the acts. The manifest depicts a chilling image of the meticulous and methodical thinking of this psycho and his bizarre ideologies.

Phoenixx

Just heard about this last night. Such an absolute horrible thing to happen. :( My condolences go out to those in Norway.

And upndwn, I'm glad your friend is safe. He's very lucky to have escaped that mess. I hope your other friends in Oslo are safe as well.

upndwn

Just heard about this last night. Such an absolute horrible thing to happen. :( My condolences go out to those in Norway.

And upndwn, I'm glad your friend is safe. He's very lucky to have escaped that mess. I hope your other friends in Oslo are safe as well.

They are all safe. Thank you for your support.

JonnyD

84 people, was the guy using a bazooka or something, my god it got to be the largest shooting ever... not to diminish the terror on a bombing, but i'm much more afraid of this type of shooting, how can a normal person kill 84 and why? out of the blue!

its like that guy who killed all those kids in a school here in brazil. you cant see it coming youre completelly defenseless because its a person who dont seems to pose a real thread to annyone. until bang school shotting

It's terrible! I'm shocked, how can anyone do something like that?
Those things are horrible, why does this happen? pff..

It's getting crazy, so much news that I'd rather avoid. (i've heard a lot of weird news lately... also about amy, i thought it was a joke at first when my friend told me)

Such a weird world we live in.. sometimes

Iseesky

I live in Norway, and has been following the news since the bombing started. When we started to hear about the shooting at Utøya we realized that one of our friends was there. We quickly called him, but he whispered and asked us to message him instead, gunshots could be heard in the background over the phone. We tried to message him after that but it took half an hour before we got an answer. He had managed to jump into the water and swim away from the island and was later picked up by a boat. We later learned that over 20 people he knew was either dead or missing.

I have been in total disbelief and shock since it all started, but I almost had a breakdown when I heard the number of casualties in the massacre. It didn't help that certain pictures of mutilated bodies has been circulating the web today, and some sick bastard posted them at a certain website I was shown.

I grew up in Oslo and I often go there in the weekends. I have walked down the street where the bomb went off hundreds of times. I have lots of friends that live in Oslo so I have been really worried these last few hours. Now I'm just glad they have caught the bastard and he has confessed to everything (both the massacre and the bomb). The latest news is that he has apparently posted a manifest on the web a few hours before he committed the acts. The manifest depicts a chilling image of the meticulous and methodical thinking of this psycho and his bizarre ideologies.

Wow...What an amazing story. I can't imagine being there and witnessing so many people you know being killed right in front of you. Terrifying. I'm glad he made it out safely...Too bad we can't say the same for those who died. :(