Desktops

Phoenixx

oh this is lovely. I've also played the sims 2 and am very fond of the GBA emulator. ;)
^ Yeah I love the GBA emulator. I've since taken a break from it though. I was in the middle of Golden Sun 2... I really should finish that. It's a great game.

Hey, Goldwave! I have that too, I used it to make myself a free ringtone. ::p: I was messing around with it though, and it's pretty cool.
^ Yeah, that's exactly what I use it for! :D I like making ringtones and just messing around with it too.

My Linux desktop:
desktopdd.png

CZi

loldesktopo.jpg

Ta-Da! My desktop's...desktop lol. My lappy is much more cluttered and interesting though.

Last edited:

CZi

^ Indeed! I have a server as does my friend, so if you ever need some SMP fun I'll toss ya the IP. :] They're not bustling though, max is like 4-6 people on at once.

Also, sweet desktop of Motoko!

lappydeskt.jpg

As promised lol.

And my Windows desktop. I still have the factory default wallpaper because I only use Windows for games, so I opened Minecraft and the tool I use to watch my processor dynamically overclock itself instead.

windesktop.png

And CZi, dedicated, 24/7 servers?

CZi

Yeah, pretty much 24/7 Dedicated. It's my desktop which I rarely use, the only time it goes down is if my internet goes. It's been 24/7 for the past 3 weeks successfully.

^ One of your icons reminded me, you can add disk fragmentation to the list of problems that don't affect Linux.

Not exactly a desktop picture, but does anyone see a problem here?
evenflow.png

Phoenixx

^ One of your icons reminded me, you can add disk fragmentation to the list of problems that don't affect Linux.
That's really nice to know. :) I still need to get my butt around to doing that. Damn my laziness.

Not exactly a desktop picture, but does anyone see a problem here?
^ You're listening to Pearl Jam.

Jk ::p:

In all seriousness, your tracks are really messed up. Have fun renaming and editing them. That's always such a pain. D: What music software are you using anyway?

That's really nice to know. :) I still need to get my butt around to doing that. Damn my laziness.

^ You're listening to Pearl Jam.

Jk ::p:

In all seriousness, your tracks are really messed up. Have fun renaming and editing them. That's always such a pain. D: What music software are you using anyway?

I had to set the song titles that way so my crappy old ipod could tell the different versions apart.

The program is called Rhythmbox. Only works in Linux. I use it because it's fast and lightweight, and it can sync with ipods (which I don't even have anymore).

I suppose I should also warn you that The Sims 2 doesn't work in Linux. Not many games do. (your GBA emulator does, though)

Phoenixx

I had to set the song titles that way so my crappy old ipod could tell the different versions apart.

The program is called Rhythmbox. Only works in Linux. I use it because it's fast and lightweight, and it can sync with ipods (which I don't even have anymore).

I suppose I should also warn you that The Sims 2 doesn't work in Linux. Not many games do. (your GBA emulator does, though)
^ Oh I see. To sync iPods (I don't have one either. But I sync music to my friend's ipod every once in a while) I use MediaMonkey. It's not the lightest program, but it's still pretty fast. Not sure if it works with Linux though.

I'm not too surprised that the Sims 2 won't work with Linux. I don't know of any games out there that support it...? Glad to know the Emulator does though. :)

^ Oh I see. To sync iPods (I don't have one either. But I sync music to my friend's ipod every once in a while) I use MediaMonkey. It's not the lightest program, but it's still pretty fast. Not sure if it works with Linux though.

I'm not too surprised that the Sims 2 won't work with Linux. I don't know of any games out there that support it...? Glad to know the Emulator does though. :)

There's a program (if you can even call it that) called Wine that allows certain Windows games and programs to run on Linux. Some games run perfectly (Sim City 4 being a notable example), some have mild or serious serious bugs when run like that, and some don't work at all (The Sims 1 and 2, last I checked, don't work at all). Most games are somewhere in the middle. VisualBoyAdvance has a native Linux version available, though.

For justice! :V

16m4xox.jpg

Almost the same as I posted to the thread for game pictures, except the theme color is now purple, and icons are moved out of the way.

I've also applied various lines of GLaDOS to several Windows functions (which you can't hear of course). An artificial-artificial intelligence if you will. ::p:

Login: Hello, and again; Welcome to the Aperture science-computer aided enrichment center.

Logoff: Goodbye.

Empty recycle-bin: Goodbye.

Standby: Commencing standby.