Daily Adventures with Weirdy

WeirdyMcGee

A note:

People who make fun of me because my 'number' is 1 and I feel guilty for it even being 1 rather than ZERO---------------------- enjoy your surprise pregnancies and STDs!
I will continue doing what I want with my body even if it makes me 'boring' because it is MY body and none of your business, anyways.
And you can do whatever you want with yours... :rolleyes:
Just don't tell me about it like I should be impressed, because I'm not.

MikeyC

A note:

People who make fun of me because my 'number' is 1 and I feel guilty for it even being 1 rather than ZERO---------------------- enjoy your surprise pregnancies and STDs!
I will continue doing what I want with my body even if it makes me 'boring' because it is MY body and none of your business, anyways.
And you can do whatever you want with yours... :rolleyes:
Just don't tell me about it like I should be impressed, because I'm not.
Great advice. It shouldn't matter if you've had sex with 1 person or 500 people. If you're a good person that's all that matters.

You're not boring, anyway.

KiaKaha

Banned
Well, I'm not a doormat.
You can be kind without letting people walk all over you.
But I mean-- if you have a choice between stealing/returning something or being rude/or being mature and respectful... what would you do?

It's easier to take things that aren't yours when you'll never get caught.
It's easier to be a jerk to someone when you're probably not going to see them again.
But why?

Yes - but the trouble is people dont seem to be able to tell the difference between being kind and being a doormat. There seems to be a perception that if you are kind, patient and tolerant with others - then you are a pushover..... you have to be firm, dismissive and curt - because the risk is too great. At least that's how I see others see it. Having virtues such as kindness etc may be the misunderstood opposite perception of standing up for yourself/confidence.....

I think the questions you are asking is one of morality. Which I am not sure of the answer too, but I wonder - how much integrity would people have if they knew they could get away with it...? no one is completely pure of heart, and we all have hidden desires that we keep secret to ensure that we fit into the mould of how society expects us to be.

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

PHAA!!! MY UMBRELLA BROKE!
4314068900_7a0029fd27.jpg

I went to therapy today. In the rain.
As I was walking on the sidewalk by a busy road, a car went by and splashed me-- soaking my jeans and THEN a gust of wind blew my umbrella inside out.
It's broken, now... and I sat through an hour appointment with wet pants.
haha

What's a positive way to look at my walk to therapy?
...now I won't have to have a shower, today.
What about the rest of the day?
Never say; 'my whole day is ruined!' when one thing goes wrong.
That's just an optimism thing though... it's easy enough to exclaim your who day is ****ed but you can't see into the future (can you?) so why dismiss the rest of the day over one event? Things could still turn around.

...and then I ate a hamburger.
unicorn-hamburger-470.jpg

I'm going to be all alone this weekend.
Nothing new, really...
I should try to get to the music store some time today-- I need a new capo. My old one's elastic is worn out and not doing it's intended job. XD
A steel one would be wonderful!
What else should I do this weekend?
...hmmm...
I'll make a list of goals, I suppose:

1) go shopping (need, capo at music store. some groceries. lightbulbs, 1 medium tote)
2) polish, re-string and tune guitars
3) finish short stories (2/5)
4) if rain stops: go for 10k run, sand and paint clock and shade
if rain continues: finish B yoga poses, prime canvases

Srijita52

I'm sorry your umbrella broke, but I agree with what you said, its easy to say that the whole day is ruined for one bad incident but we never know.
Good luck with your goals. :)

hidwell

"rather than spend time with her hermit sister who has no friends. haha"
If you were my sister I would love to spend time with you Weirdy. And by the way, your journal is just brilliant. I have just read it all at once haha.

MrJones

^Yup, I still think there are many people who take you for granted, like you will be always there for them but then they do what they want on their own. I wish that people that are so lucky to be part of your life appreciated you more.

On another note, since I know you like cats, here you have a real, ehem, yeah a real unicorn cat
poorlydressed.com-unicorn-495.jpg

And that makes me wonder, are your cats unicorns too or is it just you? ::p:

WeirdyMcGee

^seems weird that anyone would think so...

I always figured it must be hard for him to be so extroverted; having an older sister like me.
He's constantly out with his friends, then he comes home and he's pretty much my only friend.
Him and our mom... and the cats. haha
He doesn't understand me at all-- how could he?
But he seems to get that I just am the way I am.
I guess that's how it is when you've known someone for 18 years.

...oh, man... he's 18, now.
Little baby brother is considered an adult... :rolleyes:

haters-gonna-hate-unicorn-bike-edition-6903.jpg

MikeyC

^seems weird that anyone would think so...

I always figured it must be hard for him to be so extroverted; having an older sister like me.
He's constantly out with his friends, then he comes home and he's pretty much my only friend.
Him and our mom... and the cats. haha
He doesn't understand me at all-- how could he?
But he seems to get that I just am the way I am.
I guess that's how it is when you've known someone for 18 years.

...oh, man... he's 18, now.
Little baby brother is considered an adult... :rolleyes:
He loves you the way you are and that is being a great brother.

I remember when my younger brother turned 18, and he was considered an adult and part of the world, then. Now he's 24 and I wonder what he thinks of me, as he's making a name for himself and I'm...well, not.

Anyway, no more thread hijack. He sounds like a great brother. Even though he is extroverted he knows how to talk to you, right? It's good.

Srijita52

I've some extroverted cousins and they think I'm super weird, heck even my parents do.
But your brother seems to love and accept you the way you are and that's awesome. :)

WeirdyMcGee

How.... utilitarian... ! ? :rolleyes:
il_570xN.212712910.jpg

My earbud headphones fell apart today... which was TERRIBLE because my mp3 player is the number one distraction tactic I use whenever I leave the house to keep myself from panicking and going insane.

Anyway--- the right speaker casing fell apart; which was okay... I just crazy glued it back together.
But THEN one of the silicone bud inserts fell off while I was shopping and I couldn't find it... and I don't have any more spares.
THEN I noticed that the wire is damaged at the base of the plug; which will surely become a much bigger problem sometime soon.

I've had these earbuds for 4 years.
I bought them on clearance for 8 dollars; which is pretty much the maximum amount of money I can afford for them... haha
They are stereo/ clear sound/ and comfortable-(and metallic green)- so I'd prefer to get a similar pair if I had to buy some new ones rather than try another cheap pair and find that the quality is terrible.

So, I checked at Walmart while I was getting some groceries and saw that they didn't have the same brand... the next closest kind were 19-something which was more than I could afford for now.
So, I went on to plan B and stopped by the dollar store; bought a very cheap pair of earbuds (for the silicone inserts- to use as spares) and some Gorilla tape (because I'll be able to use it more than I'd ever use electrical tape. Multiple purposes)
My headphones are fixed for now.
Maybe they'll last me until the end of the summer and I'll be able to buy more?
I'm just concerned with the sound quality... since it's hit or miss and you'll never know if it's miss until you by them and try them.

...oh, well.

anchorman-unicorns.png

MikeyC

Good earbuds are necessary, Weirdy. Whenever mine stuff up, it's back to the shops for a new pair. My ones I have now are $60 because I want quality, considering I use my iPod a lot!

Nathália

^I agree. I used to spend on cheap ear phones like it was candy. They always blew out, or started to sound fuzzy . I got a 5 dollar set of 3 one year....Didn't even last the whole year. I don't even blast my music, because I don't like people hearing it. Hope you find some good ones.

Phoenixx

Good earbuds are necessary, Weirdy. Whenever mine stuff up, it's back to the shops for a new pair. My ones I have now are $60 because I want quality, considering I use my iPod a lot!
^ Agreed. When travelling, going to school, studying/doing homework, I always have my Zune on me. Since it's summer, I don't use it so much, but it deserves a good 3 month break since I use it so much any other time. The earbuds I have now I got on clearance at FYE. They're a pair of Sennheisers, originally $70, but I got them for less than $20. ;) I've had them for almost a year now and they're no where near wore yet. I love them.

Oh, and I have a whole bunch of earbud spares in my desk drawer. Mostly have large sizes though, since I always use the smalls/extra-smalls. If you need some though, I'll be happy to send a pair.

WeirdyMcGee

I guess I'll save up through the summer, then.

What GOOD brand/model does everyone use?
(and I mostly use the smallest earbud setting, too. haha)