Daily Adventures with Weirdy

Srijita52

How.... utilitarian... ! ? :rolleyes:
il_570xN.212712910.jpg

My earbud headphones fell apart today... which was TERRIBLE because my mp3 player is the number one distraction tactic I use whenever I leave the house to keep myself from panicking and going insane.

Anyway--- the right speaker casing fell apart; which was okay... I just crazy glued it back together.
But THEN one of the silicone bud inserts fell off while I was shopping and I couldn't find it... and I don't have any more spares.
THEN I noticed that the wire is damaged at the base of the plug; which will surely become a much bigger problem sometime soon.

I've had these earbuds for 4 years.
I bought them on clearance for 8 dollars; which is pretty much the maximum amount of money I can afford for them... haha
They are stereo/ clear sound/ and comfortable-(and metallic green)- so I'd prefer to get a similar pair if I had to buy some new ones rather than try another cheap pair and find that the quality is terrible.

So, I checked at Walmart while I was getting some groceries and saw that they didn't have the same brand... the next closest kind were 19-something which was more than I could afford for now.
So, I went on to plan B and stopped by the dollar store; bought a very cheap pair of earbuds (for the silicone inserts- to use as spares) and some Gorilla tape (because I'll be able to use it more than I'd ever use electrical tape. Multiple purposes)
My headphones are fixed for now.
Maybe they'll last me until the end of the summer and I'll be able to buy more?
I'm just concerned with the sound quality... since it's hit or miss and you'll never know if it's miss until you by them and try them.

...oh, well.

anchorman-unicorns.png

This is exactly what happened to me. Now I've buy another pair ugh. But I agree with everyone, good earbuds are necessary.

MrJones

I always used to use very cheap earbuds, if I had some old ones that my grandfather gave me from his old radios, or ones that were free for some reason and if we had to pay for them, they were the cheapest ones in a chinese shop.
Then I bought an iPod 4 years ago and I used the earbuds that came with it all the time until they stopped working last year. Then I started using some of my old cheap earbuds again, but I wanted better quality.
I also wanted isolation, so I bought some cool headphones, even though they costed around 50-60€ (I know there are ones that are much more expensive, but I don't usually spend so much money for myself and 50€ is a lot for me).
Anyway, I'm glad I found something that has good quality sound, it really makes a difference since I use them all the time.

WeirdyMcGee

I went for a walk yesterday.

I saw a bunny, a deer and a lawn bovine.
That is all.
haha
Here are some pictures of trees n' stuff!
(for those of you who haven't seen trees n' stuff before)

Attachments

• 100_0040.jpg
    100_0040.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0100.jpg
    100_0100.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0082.jpg
    100_0082.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0043.jpg
    100_0043.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0044.jpg
    100_0044.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 0

WeirdyMcGee

Oooh, I love those pictures, Weirdy. Especially that first one. :)
Thanks, Phoenixx.
That was my first panoramic!
I've never had a camera that didn't eat the batteries before but my whole 2 hour walk- camera was on and it only used up 1/4 of the battery life.

Attachments

• 100_0050.jpg
    100_0050.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0055.jpg
    100_0055.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0060.jpg
    100_0060.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0075.jpg
    100_0075.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_0077.jpg
    100_0077.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 0

Phoenixx

Thanks, Phoenixx.
That was my first panoramic!
I've never had a camera that didn't eat the batteries before but my whole 2 hour walk- camera was on and it only used up 1/4 of the battery life.
^ Very nice! Love that second panoramic you did too. :)

I have to ask, what's the camera you're using?

WeirdyMcGee

^ Oh, my brother used to have that same camera. He broke his (because he was always so careful about taking care of things :rolleyes:) though. While I was never a huge fan of Kodak, I really liked that little camera, it was pretty nice. :)

Yeah-- I tend to find Kodak kind of cheap and clunky (and wasteful with all the batteries it would eat) but so far I really like this one.
It's a big step up from the last camera I had... then again... pretty much anything would be a step up from that one...
I am always careful with anything I get because I usually have to use it until it just stops working 10 years later; because I can't afford anything new. haha

Nathália

Yeah-- I tend to find Kodak kind of cheap and clunky (and wasteful with all the batteries it would eat) but so far I really like this one.
It's a big step up from the last camera I had... then again... pretty much anything would be a step up from that one...
I am always careful with anything I get because I usually have to use it until it just stops working 10 years later; because I can't afford anything new. haha

I love the pictures. I have a almost 200 dollar Kodak from 5 years ago and the quality is no where near yours. I agree about the batteries too. I rarely can afford things or get gifts I feel you on the 10 year thing. XD

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

My poetry is so emo...

primary_image_103.jpeg

Here is a poem I wrote.... just now.
I mean-- RIGHT now.
As you're reading it...
I am... writing it...

Crack, crack
And the bridge collapses,
spouting red fountains from the fragile pale surface.
Your fist, my face, your knees, my ribs;
all broken beneath your heavy frame.
Time heals, pain forgiven
Scars lighten with vitamin e.
Skin repaired; look closer, see, feel this pain will never be forgotten.
Broken bones heal and become stronger.
A wall now blocks where a heart once was.
Your fist, my bricks, your knees, my sticks;
Will never again break beneath your frame.

I know what it's about.
Won't go on explaining it, though. haha

Thelema

Weirdy, are you a member of the Fancy Unicorn Gang? You should join us, we're pretty tough guys.

Nathália

My poetry is so emo...

Here is a poem I wrote.... just now.
I mean-- RIGHT now.
As you're reading it...
I am... writing it...

Crack, crack
And the bridge collapses,
spouting red fountains from the fragile pale surface.
Your fist, my face, your knees, my ribs;
all broken beneath your heavy frame.
Time heals, pain forgiven
Scars lighten with vitamin e.
Skin repaired; look closer, see, feel this pain will never be forgotten.
Broken bones heal and become stronger.
A wall now blocks where a heart once was.
Your fist, my bricks, your knees, my sticks;
Will never again break beneath your frame.

I know what it's about.
Won't go on explaining it, though. haha

I love the twisted darkness of it along with the good moral of the story.

Your analogies make sense. It's about someone hurting another person badly, so they have to take time to heal. Am I right?

WeirdyMcGee

I love the twisted darkness of it along with the good moral of the story.

Your analogies make sense. It's about someone hurting another person badly, so they have to take time to heal. Am I right?

Exactly.
Details based on the brutal assault I went through when I was 15.

Nathália

I'm sorry, You have a cute personality and very creative ways of putting/doing things. I'm just glad you're able to express yourself about things like that. You have a lot of courage to be able to express that. Thanks for sharing.

Srijita52

I'm sorry, You have a cute personality and very creative ways of putting/doing things. I'm just glad you're able to express yourself about things like that. You have a lot of courage to be able to express that. Thanks for sharing.
I agree. You rock Weirdy. :)

MikeyC

Agreed with Beleza.

Weirdy, you have to listen to us. You're freakin' amazing. End of story (poem?).