Daily Adventures with Weirdy

WeirdyMcGee

Why?
Because.

adventure-time-awesome-epic-my-little-pony-nyancat-Favim.com-327068.jpg

My therapist and I have decided that I must go outside once daily.
My mother is constantly complaining that she feels fat, so I suggested we go for walks in the evenings.

So, last night mom and I went for a walk at 10.
10pm. Not really evenings-- but whatever.
We walked across town and came around in a circle to walk back.
It was recycling day (today) the next morning, so some people on the street we were walking on had their bins out. One house had 2 deck chairs stacked together, waiting for the recycling...
Mom laughed and said; 'oh, looks like someone bought some new chairs and doesn't need those ones anymore'
and I said; "You need 2 chairs, don't you? You've been complaining for a year that you don't have any good ones."

Then, I walked across the street in the dark to take a look at the chairs and mom followed me curiously; asking, 'are they broken?'
They were perfect. A bit of mildew, since someone probably left them outside for the winter- but hard resin chairs- very sturdy- could wash them up and paint them and you'd never know they were taken from the curb.
haha

So, we unstacked them and each carried one over our head----- for the 14 blocks journey back home.
Each time a car drove by; which was rarely, I'd set the chair down on the sidewalk and pretend I was just lounging in my chair... watching the street... infront of a stranger's yard... in the dark. Totally normal. :cool:

Awesome. Free chairs.
Mom has had a fear of taking things 'from the garbage' since her mother/my grandmother kinda flew the coocoo's nest and spends her spare time climbing through ditches and digging through trash bins to find things she can sell for 5cents each.
I'm used to having 'hand me downs' and from time to time, taking things that have 'free' written all over them.
Don't see what's wrong with that.

The walk home was fun though.
With chair hats.
Mom was laughing most of the way, saying how she felt like a hobo-- but I reminded her that we're pretty close, anyways.
Government housing is where people go so they aren't homeless.
I may have a bit of hobo mentality, though... as I sit here and eat my half can of cold beans.

Mayhaps I'll have another adventure today?
Mayhaps not.
If you have one, let me know!

coyote

rich people throw out the darndest things

some of best stuff came off of someone else's curbs

WeirdyMcGee

I did house/cottage cleaning at mansions up north through all through highschool.
They'd throw out things that weren't even out of the wrapping yet-- straight into the garbage, too.
No donations. No recycling.
Free stuff for employees.
haha

That's how I got my Yukatas.
Boss had a business trip to Japan; bought these traditional outfits to wear to one meeting, came home and tossed them in the garbage.
Got a Michelangelo sketch framed print that way, too.

I know, right? I found like a neat Porsche the other day. Right on the curb. Nothing wrong with it besides the doors not opening. Also had to mess with the wiring a bit, but after it started right up.

Rich people, right? Pshh.

MrJones

I don't know how some people throw out such things that are in perfect (or almost perfect) conditions. I wouldn't mind taking something like that if I needed it.

And when we have to throw things out that are in good conditions, we donate them, come on :/

And btw I ridicoulously love the picture you chose for this lol

Rembrandt Broam

I know, right? I found like a neat Porsche the other day. Right on the curb. Nothing wrong with it besides the doors not opening. Also had to mess with the wiring a bit, but after it started right up.

Rich people, right? Pshh.

LOL! :D I was just about to post something along the same lines. ;)

WeirdyMcGee

awesome-unicorn.png

TODAY I went to walmart to get spraypaint for the chairs we rescued last night.
Krylon spraypaint was on sale for $4 (that's like- 100USD)and it pretty much sticks to anything.
I'm scared of spraypaint for some reason, though...
I've spraypainted maybe 4 things in my life and always managed to get it in my mouth-- you know... the painty mist that goes everywhere when you're aiming it in one direction?
Painty mist all up in my mouth... not fun.

Little brother drove and we went in together; completely forgetting we were there for paint once we passed by the electronics section of the store-- stopping and going in to laugh at how much Wii games suck.
They suck pretty hard.
He got me a Wii for Christmas, even though I never said I wanted one-- and so far, I've bought 3 games I like.
1) Animal Crossing
2) LoZ Twilight Princess (because it's cheaper than S.S and I don't have wii motion plus)
3) Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Mom and I will play Wii sports from time to time just to laugh at how stupid we look, trying to box eachother.
I have Brawl, but never play it...
I'd like to get a game based on a boardgame that the three of us can play together-- like Monopoly or something; since we don't have the game itself and always lose pieces in our yearly moves from house to house...

Anyway... what was I even saying?
PAINT?!
So-- I picked up a game for Wii out of the 10 dollar bin called; "Coldstone Creamery, scoop it up"
It's... about ice cream, I guess.
Coldstone Creamery is a ridiculously expensive ice cream brand that they sell around here to TOURISTS-- because none of the locals are stupid enough to spend 10 dollars on an ice cream cone.
1bac3f60501c.jpg

I was like; "What do you do in this game?" and flipped the box around to see screenshots of the AMAZING GAMEPLAY, which lived up to my immediate expectations of it being terrible.
Who would buy this for their child?!
Maybe it'll be used as a diet supplement? Instead of going out and buying and eating ice cream-- you make a sundae in a videogame and drool at the screen?
hmm... in that case, perhaps it could come in handy?
Probably not at all, though. More than probably not--

Continuing along to the paint section, there was an employee who ran around the corner and scared the crap out of me-- grabbing the intercom phone to make an announcement; of which I wasn't listening because I was too terrified that zombies had broken out in the store and that was why he was running and in a big panic.
I picked out some purple krylon paint and turned to see that the employee was now gone; and my brother had picked up the intercom phone-- making farting sounds on it.
Yes. He is 18, folks.
I said: "GET DOWN WIND, CLETUS! YOU'RE STINKING UP MY SNIFFER HOLES." and he hung up before he could laugh- then walked at a brisk pace away from the phone.

I had what I came for-- PAINT -- and now it was time to leave... before we got kicked out.

Paint bought.
Only had 3 panic attacks.
Horray.

MrJones

YAY another cutie unicorn!

About the painting thing... I know something that could help you.
Aren't you ready for the zombie apocalypse? You should have one of these:
mp2_prod_B_002.jpg

You never know!

Plus, I played LoZ Twilight Princess and I liked it :D
Most WII games are kinda... huh, but now I'm playing Resident Evil 4 and it's great, you should try it, but I'm not sure if you like zombie stuff :p

And this....
"GET DOWN WIND, CLETUS! YOU'RE STINKING UP MY SNIFFER HOLES."
...this is just amazing XD

Sorry about the panic attacks, though. Good for you for being brave enough to do it :)

WeirdyMcGee

Every day can be an adventure!

Obama_Unicorn_Whisperer_thumb.jpg

I know this is the second time today but I left the house AGAIN.
ALL BY MYSELF.
I also may or may not have unintentionally caused a traffic accident but I won't go into detail aboot that just incase...

ANYWAYS---- I went to the store, since it was still open; the grocery store a few blocks away with automated tellers-- to get some romaine for to have with dinner.
I also grabbed 2 cans of soup since they were on sale.
As usual, when I got to the checkout, I said hello to the computerized teller- and as usual, she did not acknowledge me except to tell me that my groceries cost 6.23 and then to insert my debit card.
I said; "How did you know I was paying with debit?!" since I hadn't selected the option, and the person at the next checkout started giggling.
Then I finished my transaction and said; "Have a good day, fembot cashier." Assuming that it was a ladybot and not a manbot because the voice was quite ladylike.
And I left the store, trying not to focus on the 12 people who were staring at me on the way out.

I had my dark sunglasses on the entire time. The ones that I wear so that I don't have to make eye contact with anyone-- and from time to time, I hear someone whisper; 'it's rude to wear your sunglasses indoors' and I feel that I should shout: "I'M SENSITIVE TO LIGHT AND GET MIGRAINES! FUUUU!!!!"
But of course, I do not.

I walked by a tree covered in thorns on the way to the store-- which is strange because I had no idea trees grew thorns...
Is this a new defensive tactic, perhaps? Something trees have adapted to themselves to keep from having children climb them and tear off their bark and break their more delicate branches? (I totally didn't do those things as a child! Totally dit no1--- yes, I did... I am so ashamed...)
I had no idea trees were so intelligent-- or vindictive.

Srijita52

Every day can be an adventure!

Obama_Unicorn_Whisperer_thumb.jpg

I know this is the second time today but I left the house AGAIN.
ALL BY MYSELF.
I also may or may not have unintentionally caused a traffic accident but I won't go into detail aboot that just incase...

ANYWAYS---- I went to the store, since it was still open; the grocery store a few blocks away with automated tellers-- to get some romaine for to have with dinner.
I also grabbed 2 cans of soup since they were on sale.
As usual, when I got to the checkout, I said hello to the computerized teller- and as usual, she did not acknowledge me except to tell me that my groceries cost 6.23 and then to insert my debit card.
I said; "How did you know I was paying with debit?!" since I hadn't selected the option, and the person at the next checkout started giggling.
Then I finished my transaction and said; "Have a good day, fembot cashier." Assuming that it was a ladybot and not a manbot because the voice was quite ladylike.
And I left the store, trying not to focus on the 12 people who were staring at me on the way out.

I had my dark sunglasses on the entire time. The ones that I wear so that I don't have to make eye contact with anyone-- and from time to time, I hear someone whisper; 'it's rude to wear your sunglasses indoors' and I feel that I should shout: "I'M SENSITIVE TO LIGHT AND GET MIGRAINES! FUUUU!!!!"
But of course, I do not.

I walked by a tree covered in thorns on the way to the store-- which is strange because I had no idea trees grew thorns...
Is this a new defensive tactic, perhaps? Something trees have adapted to themselves to keep from having children climb them and tear off their bark and break their more delicate branches? (I totally didn't do those things as a child! Totally dit no1--- yes, I did... I am so ashamed...)
I had no idea trees were so intelligent-- or vindictive.
Wow Weirdy that's just great :)

MikeyC

Coldstone Creamery is a ridiculously expensive ice cream brand that they sell around here to TOURISTS-- because none of the locals are stupid enough to spend 10 dollars on an ice cream cone.
We have Cold Rock Ice Creamery in Australia, and yeah, it's very expensive here, too. It tastes very awesome, though.

Obama on a unicorn. Is this his new election campaign?

For someone who's petrified of people and agoraphobic, you certainly make a lot of attention for yourself. I think this is a good thing! Breaking through your barriers and taking risks. You may not believe me but I'm quite proud of you. :)

WeirdyMcGee

For someone who's petrified of people and agoraphobic, you certainly make a lot of attention for yourself. I think this is a good thing! Breaking through your barriers and taking risks. You may not believe me but I'm quite proud of you. :)

It's not something I'm aware I'm doing until after I do it-- then I realize that I said things out loud and not in my head.
That's why I was great on stage as a child, because I'm a 'character' and I don't have to think about it.

Now, I try to edit everything I say but often, I end up saying things outloud and then people stare and laugh and point and throw rocks at me.

MikeyC

It's not something I'm aware I'm doing until after I do it-- then I realize that I said things out loud and not in my head.
That's why I was great on stage as a child, because I'm a 'character' and I don't have to think about it.

Now, I try to edit everything I say but often, I end up saying things outloud and then people stare and laugh and point and throw rocks at me.
Ah, I see. Throwing rocks? ::(: Well, at least you're getting out there and being social, even if it's with the self-serve fembot. ;)

WeirdyMcGee

Ah, I see. Throwing rocks? ::(: Well, at least you're getting out there and being social, even if it's with the self-serve fembot. ;)

Oh yes, I very much like her.
My mac has one voice similar to it and I make it read back things I've written so that I don't have to read it myself... because reading is hard.
haha

...could that be considered being social?

MikeyC

Oh yes, I very much like her.
My mac has one voice similar to it and I make it read back things I've written so that I don't have to read it myself... because reading is hard.
haha

...could that be considered being social?
I like her, too. She's to-the-point and gets me out of there faster without crappy chit-chat.

That could be considered social. Let's just say it is social. :D