Daily Adventures with Weirdy

WeirdyMcGee

Be good just because you can.
picture-14-copy.jpg

Little brother broke his phone, again... His new iphone. Dropped it into the bay.
That would be his 5th phone since JANUARY-- and his 3rd iphone. Before he decided to switch to iphone, he was using a blackberry and last year, he broke 14 of them.
I have no idea how he manages to keep BUYING NEW ONES every time because none of them cover the damage he does to them. Dropping them from 3 floors up, onto concrete... dropping them into hot tubs and into the bay...

Anyway-- his friend's boyfriend took a smartphone from the lost and found and gave it to my brother so that he could use it rather than buying a new one.
He bought a new one, though-- and was thinking of selling it to one of his other friends.
I took a look at it the other day.
People are still texting it, asking where it is and to mail it back to it's owner.

I told mom this and she said:
"Well-- it's not technically stolen. Think of all the times his phones have gone missing and people never mailed it back to him."

I told her:
"Just because other people choose not to do the right thing doesn't mean you should, too."

I believe in putting out the energy you want back.
Like-- being kind to everyone wherever you go; even if they are not kind to you.
You're putting that energy out there and one day, maybe it'll be returned?
And if it isn't, then at least you tried.
It's easy to be hateful of everything- to stereotype people and point your finger at them; but will it make you feel better to do so?
Probably not.
People who put out that miserable energy will feel miserable and make other people feel that way as well. It'll spread.
Be good just because you can.
rini_with_helios__in_pegasus_form_.jpg

MrJones

I have conversations like that with people all the time. They call me stupid for not taking advantage of opportunities I may have, but I know it's wrong, so I don't do it.
I think most people don't care if they do something wrong because they just think of the "good" side, their side.

I don't know if that energy returns to you, I honestly don't think it does, but I will keep trying to be nice to everyone until the day I die.

MikeyC

I believe in putting out the energy you want back.
Like-- being kind to everyone wherever you go; even if they are not kind to you.
I agree to a point, but if someone is continually unkind to you, then you've got to not be like me and stand up for yourself.

WeirdyMcGee

I agree to a point, but if someone is continually unkind to you, then you've got to not be like me and stand up for yourself.

Well, I'm not a doormat.
You can be kind without letting people walk all over you.
But I mean-- if you have a choice between stealing/returning something or being rude/or being mature and respectful... what would you do?

It's easier to take things that aren't yours when you'll never get caught.
It's easier to be a jerk to someone when you're probably not going to see them again.
But why?

MikeyC

Well, I'm not a doormat.
You can be kind without letting people walk all over you.
But I mean-- if you have a choice between stealing/returning something or being rude/or being mature and respectful... what would you do?

It's easier to take things that aren't yours when you'll never get caught.
It's easier to be a jerk to someone when you're probably not going to see them again.
But why?
I see what you're saying, and I would always try to be kind in any situation.

Why? Well, I don't know. I guess some people have that kind of temperament, which isn't good but that's how it is. Most people would at least be tolerating, even if their personalities aren't the best.

I'm glad you're not a doormat, unlike me. I need some lessons.

WeirdyMcGee

I'm glad you're not a doormat, unlike me. I need some lessons.

Well, it took about 10 years of getting beat up for me to consistently stand up for myself and others, I think.
Hopefully you won't need to get some beatings to learn how. XD

Srijita52

if someone is continually unkind to you, then you've got to not be like me and stand up for yourself.
I agree with it, I usually find it hard to stand for myself though, I always worry if I'll end up hurting the other persons feelings even though they're crushing mine.

WeirdyMcGee

I agree with it, I usually find it hard to stand for myself though, I always worry if I'll end up hurting the other persons feelings even though they're crushing mine.

Well, that just makes you the bigger person.
The fact that you actually care.

Kind people will always be taken advantage of and be put down or tormented or disrespected but it's the other person's lack of humanity- not yours.

I think you must be a wonderful person, Srijita.
And I know you are too, Mikey.

Srijita52

Kind people will always be taken advantage of and be put down or tormented or disrespected but it's the other person's lack of humanity- not yours.

Thank you Weirdy.
I think you and Mikey both are very wonderful too. :)

I guess I should keep this in mind... especially since it is extremely relevant to me right now, dealing with a coworker who is treating me like I am inferior to him.

People take advantage of my apparent kindness all the time; no it's not even kindness, it's NICENESS - oh, she's so nice (*cough* weak *cough*), let's take advantage and do and say whatever we please, she won't have the guts to say anything about it except whine to the manager, and then she's just a snitch!

Okay so obviously no one has said that, but that is how I feel many people must think subconsciously when they figure out I am socially anxious.

This has always been my problem, I f***ing hate it, don't know what to do anymore when I leave these situations feeling lower than the dirt on the ground ::(:

Like I said, I'll just try to keep what you said in mind, maybe it'll take the edge off of how weak and pathetic I feel.

MrJones

Please, remember that you are a wonderful person too.

But I know changing patterns of thinking is not easy. I wish I could think of myself as a good person and actually mean it the same way I mean it when I say it to you.

MikeyC

Exactly. It's a tough situation.

Please, remember that you are a wonderful person too.
Yeah, I agree with Jones. Weirdy, you are a fantastic person.

Shenmue

I can't improve on Weirdy's advice. The best I can do is to paraphrase on what has already been said. "if you give positive vibes, you will attract positive vibes." I find it challenging to be that way myself. Maybe it's because of some unresolved trust issues i'm still dealing with. But if you are treated in a negative way, for a prolonged and sustained period of time, then it's understandable that you would find it difficult to be trustful. The rational side of me knows there are countless examples of people who act in the interest of others, but the irrational side of me is finding it difficult to trust and acknowledge that fact.
Until I heed Weirdy's advice on positivity, I will find it difficult to overcome my SA.
I believe in putting out the energy you want back. Like-- being kind to everyone wherever you go; even if they are not kind to you. You're putting that energy out there and one day, maybe it'll be returned? And if it isn't, then at least you tried.

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

Look at me! I can fly!!
Unicorn.jpg

Last night was half price night at the movies.
I'd asked little brother last week if he wanted to go see Chernobyl Diaries and he said; 'I'll take you on Tuesday'-- but of course... he's a teenager.
Whenever he'd promised me we would go see a movie, he would opt out to go drinking with friends rather than spend time with her hermit sister who has no friends. haha
Last night, I guess he had nothing better to do... and 'coincidentally' it was cheap night.
BECAUSE it was cheap night I knew it was going to be fairly busy. Busier than it is during the other nights of the week, anyway.
We got there about 5 minutes before previews but spent 10 minutes in line to purchase tickets.

...why is it that the automated ticket machines are always out of order when I go? haha
I would have bought the tickets online but I don't have a printer... and our theater doesn't do iphone scanning, so little brother couldn't buy them on his phone. OH WELLS

I like horror movies alot.
I also like Chernobyl-- I'd like to go one day; despite the radiation. haha

We lived downhill from a garbage dump in the bad side of town where we grew up. In the spring, the air would smell like sewage-- in the fall, it would smell like fish. The town where we are living now, smells like fresh baked bread during the day thanks to one of the ethanol plants on the outskirts of town limits.
...and to think, people petitioned to keep the ethanol plant from being built! PFF!!
BREAD! WHAT IS BAD ABOUT SMELLING BREAD ALL DAY?!

Before the movie, little brother said he'd like to visit Chernobyl someday.
After the movie, he decided he was never going.
haha
I'd still like to go, though. I really love ghost towns and abandoned places/ exploring a place where people have not been in a long time.
There are 5 places I've been to before-- ghost towns, cursed islands, abandoned buildings and military bases, long forgotten ammunition factories, city tunnels... nothing too interesting has really happened other than maybe running into a few animals.
I'm a big, scary UNICORN though... so what's a few animals next to an ADVENTURE?
comicchristmas.jpg