Crushes & Infatuation

Ithior

Uff, those guys are the worst. He's in it for the fun I think. Approach him? Ask him what he thinks?

Or wait it out just don't hold yourself back.

Pretty sure I send mixed signals myself, not because I'm in it for the fun but because I have no idea what I'm doing.

telepathine

^ dittodittoditto.
i'm always second guessing myself and i'm never sure how anyone feels about me unless they flat out tell me.
i'm afraid to declare my feelings first, just like everyone else.

OceanMist

I can't say that I've ever gotten obsessed with a woman so much that I couldn't let her go for a long time. The most that's happened to me is that for one night I've gotten my heart ripped out by a girl that doesn't want to date me anymore and then I sleep on it and I'm fine the next day. That's happened a couple times.

I've never been in love which is probably why I've never been continuously depressed over a girl.

MikeyC

Going through it right now. He knows I like him and he gives me mixed signals, so I can't seem to move on.
Yeah, I got that from a few girls in my past. It's not a good thing because you get too hung up!

I actually have two crushes now, not including Fiona. They're both with someone and I feel it's pretty harmless because I'm not feeling upset about them. It's just nice to know some hot girls. :bigsmile:

Xervello

I used to have a crush on this one guy. Would see him every day. If I smiled at him, he smiled at me. If I laughed, he laughed. In fact, everything I did, he would do right back. For awhile I thought he was mocking me! But then I realized I was looking at myself in a mirror. Since that realization, he and I have consummated the relationship. Many times. We're in love.

:inlove:

yes I have and I got a name after that, all my friends disowned me and I became "crazy girl"...but I've moved on it was at school, he was my best friend we did everything together and at first I didn't fancy him but as we got older I really liked him, he knew but it didn't bother him and we stayed best friends and I thought we would make the perfect couple, he asked me to prom as friends and I said yes and then everything went down hill when I tried to kiss him and he rejected him and I got so upset about it and that was five years ago and he hasn't spoken to me since. He politely *cough* not..messaged me on facebook saying he never wanted to see or hear from me again...I can't get my head around what happened, I don't understand why he never wanted to see me again. I mean all I tried to do was kiss him...but i'm over it now, I have a boyfriend and we are in a serious relationship of nearly two years and things are great. I don't think about the guy anymore I just wanted to tell my story. I wish we were still friends though and I wasn't so stupid to try and kiss him, id give anything to go back and do it differently but things happen for a reason....but what can you do!

gummybear22

I used to have a crush on this one guy. Would see him every day. If I smiled at him, he smiled at me. If I laughed, he laughed. In fact, everything I did, he would do right back. For awhile I thought he was mocking me! But then I realized I was looking at myself in a mirror. Since that realization, he and I have consummated the relationship. Many times. We're in love.

oh my goodness this made me blush lol

I used to have a crush on a close friend. I wish I did not have asked for more than friendship. It ruined our friendship and she stopped talking to me.
I guess, I was lucky. atleast she did not slapped me :bigsmile:

NamiraWilhelm

I have an infatuation going at the moment, but he's married so I can't go there. Hasn't lessened the infatuation though >.> 5 years strong lol

MikeyC

Gold! :bigsmile:

Ithior

I never really told my crushes I liked them.

There was one time that a friend of mine told the girl I liked that I liked her. She was my cousin's ex. She was my friend too. Anyway, she didn't like me but she kept being friends with me.

I think that was the last time I shared a "secret" with my friends. Nowadays I don't even tell them what I enjoy doing unless I'm absolutely certain that it's a socially acceptable thing (a non socially acceptable thing would be, for example, reading manga/watching anime).

akala

yes, i have to admit that mine stayed for 4 years. And I would occasionally see him but never spoke to him :( I think over time there were just new ones to replace him though

awkwardamanda

For anyone who has ever obsessed over somebody for years...

When I was in university, there was a guy in a couple of my classes that started talking to me a bit. He was good looking and very intelligent. But I had a boyfriend at the time so I felt really guilty for noticing. It was very awkward talking to him. I didn't talk to a lot of people in my classes so it was nice talking to him. I kinda just wanted to have a friendly conversation but it was uncomfortable since I was attracted to him. I never started the conversation. The next fall we had another class together. I sat in the middle of the back row and he sat at the end of the next row up. I often saw him turning around out of the corner of my eye. I didn't know if he was looking at me or not. I didn't want to read into things too much. I mostly just looked when he wasn't. I think we only actually made eye contact once. We never spoke during that class. About halfway through that term was when my ex and I broke up. I only realized after that I had been unhappy for awhile and that's why I couldn't help noticing someone else. During the next term we didn't have any classes together and I found myself disappointed. But one day he nodded at me as we passed each other in the hall. I smiled back and kept going. I was surprised he acknowledged me. At that point I finally admitted to myself that I had had a crush on him all along. I became obsessed with him, but I was so shy. I saw him around often but could never talk to him. Another year went by and we didn't have any more classes together. We occasionally smiled at each other in passing but never said a word. That was as brave as I ever got.

It has now been four years since I graduated and over six since I first met him. I still can't get him off my mind. It's ridiculous. I get mad at myself and tell myself to forget about him but it doesn't work. I haven't met anyone else to distract me. I could have a hard time dating if the opportunity ever comes up because I'd probably have to really like someone else to take my mind off him. And if I find another crush, it's gonna be the same crap all over again.

For anyone who has ever obsessed over somebody for years...

When I was in university, there was a guy in a couple of my classes that started talking to me a bit. He was good looking and very intelligent. But I had a boyfriend at the time so I felt really guilty for noticing. It was very awkward talking to him. I didn't talk to a lot of people in my classes so it was nice talking to him. I kinda just wanted to have a friendly conversation but it was uncomfortable since I was attracted to him. I never started the conversation. The next fall we had another class together. I sat in the middle of the back row and he sat at the end of the next row up. I often saw him turning around out of the corner of my eye. I didn't know if he was looking at me or not. I didn't want to read into things too much. I mostly just looked when he wasn't. I think we only actually made eye contact once. We never spoke during that class. About halfway through that term was when my ex and I broke up. I only realized after that I had been unhappy for awhile and that's why I couldn't help noticing someone else. During the next term we didn't have any classes together and I found myself disappointed. But one day he nodded at me as we passed each other in the hall. I smiled back and kept going. I was surprised he acknowledged me. At that point I finally admitted to myself that I had had a crush on him all along. I became obsessed with him, but I was so shy. I saw him around often but could never talk to him. Another year went by and we didn't have any more classes together. We occasionally smiled at each other in passing but never said a word. That was as brave as I ever got.

It has now been four years since I graduated and over six since I first met him. I still can't get him off my mind. It's ridiculous. I get mad at myself and tell myself to forget about him but it doesn't work. I haven't met anyone else to distract me. I could have a hard time dating if the opportunity ever comes up because I'd probably have to really like someone else to take my mind off him. And if I find another crush, it's gonna be the same crap all over again.

Hello Amanda,
Crushes are a hard thing eh? Life is full of opportunities missed and succeeded. Just like my opportunity to want to throw my laptop across the room because it is being a damned **** **** SOB! But I will miss that opportunity :kickingmyself:

Don't be hard on yourself. Let the crushes come as they may. Next time you'll talk another who suits your fancy. Let the willingness to avoid attraction know that you will not let it control you.

In the mean time, while you venture in and around your life, enjoy it. Have some fun, have lazy days. Yes you will feel like crap all over again from time to time. Everyone will, you're not alone.

Maybe this will help? Be Great, Powerful Beyond Measure (Best Inspirational Video Ever)[The Original] - YouTube

Last edited:

nightcrawler

I've had several crushes over the years, though none have amounted to anything :sad: At the moment I have a huge crush on a girl at my work. The strange thing is is that she's been there several years but it's only in the last year that I've really started fancying her. I know she has at least one kid, but don't know if the dad is still in the picture. My head is saying stay away cos 1) she has a kid (I don't want any) and 2) I work with her - never a good idea to go out with someone you work with imo. BUT my heart is saying Go for it! I like her a lot and she even brightens my work day up when she's in.

Ithior

I think having a crush is stopping me from enjoying some things. For example, over this week I have been going to this student event at night (went twice, going again tonight). Tons of university students go there and stay there all night. I usually go with my friends. Anyway, since I saw the girl I fancy go to this event last year, this year I keep trying to find her. I don't know if she's there or not, but I'm always looking for her face and the face of every other girl looks bland. I can't enjoy being there because I'm too focused on finding her, even if I don't want to be doing that.