Coronavirus

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I don't know if anyone feels the same but I have felt less socially anxious recently when going out because I have an excuse to wear mask to cover my face and also the streets are emptier than before. I also do not feel as bad staying at home too much as before because everyone else is doing the same. Not that I want this to last forever, I wish it would go back the old way too but I feel like it can be some kind of blessing in disguise for people with social anxiety? What do you think?
I feel that way, too.

Things are much more slow-paced around here now. It reminds me of how things were when I was a kid, it's less hectic and people seem to be more mindful which makes me feel less anxious. Being able to wear a mask is great, too since I'm hung-up on my appearance so much. Also, every time I start to feel guilt about being so inactive, I remember that everyone else is hunkered-down too.

It's just appreciating the good parts of a bad time, which I think is healthy.

hangbi92

I find myself more stressed, in part because Im in the at risk group if I catch it. But also because I just get so frustrated with people panic buying all the supplies that just going out at all is more stressful than usual
I'm sorry to hear that. I know coronavirus is a bad thing and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. And I agree with you about the panic buying, that kinda stressed me out a bit too, I've been trying to get my hands on some lysol wipes but still couldn't find any. But buying food is still okay for me.

hangbi92

I feel that way, too.

Things are much more slow-paced around here now. It reminds me of how things were when I was a kid, it's less hectic and people seem to be more mindful which makes me feel less anxious. Being able to wear a mask is great, too since I'm hung-up on my appearance so much. Also, every time I start to feel guilt about being so inactive, I remember that everyone else is hunkered-down too.

It's just appreciating the good parts of a bad time, which I think is healthy.
Good that I'm not alone in feeling this way :)

FountainandFairfax

I laid in bed yesterday and watched Friday The 13th Parts I-VI.

I just like watching a big, ugly, reject guy who goes around killing a bunch of beautiful, young, well-adjusted people.

shrug.gif

FountainandFairfax

I'm back up to 225 pounds. :LOL:

Still a far cry from the beastly 285 I was a year ago but I gotta watch it. I'm letting the quarantine be my excuse to eat and be sedentary.

FountainandFairfax

Are you somewhere you could go bike riding at night or go walking at all?
Yeah, I'm just being a mope.

I live in a condominium complex and have beautiful 19-year old coeds on each side of me and it's sending my social-phobia into overdrive. It makes me extra self-conscious so I basically just run out and come back home as fast as I can before they're up and about. It doesn't give me much time to get any exercise-in after I run my daily errands for my family's business.

I'll get back on track once the quarantine ends.

Phoenixx

I'd give anything to just have a shack in the woods. :LOL:
Practically love my house in the woods. I mean, I still have neighbors, but thankfully there's a steep hill and woods behind me blocking me from those above, and a creek and shrubbery on the right side of the yard partially blocking me from those neighbors too. I have no close neighbors to the left of me. It's all woods.

I'm just thankful I live in a location where I CAN step outside my house and still be okay.