Coronavirus

LoyalXenite

Im lowkey hoping the precaution measures get schools and more specifically my uni closed down. I'd much rather do the semester online instead of the damned classes :LOL:

It happened. This semester is moving to online
giphy.gif

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
This virus thing is wrecking the economy all over the globe. Sewage systems everywhere are becoming disasters as people who had no toilet paper thanks to the hoarders are flushing things down the toilet that toilets were not meant to handle. The National Guard is getting activated by about half of the state governors so far and there's talk of using them to help police things.

I was already well stocked before this whole thing hit and I have independent food and water. The pandemic has relieved me of much of my social obligations. So here I sit, watching my species tear itself apart.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
This virus thing is wrecking the economy all over the globe. Sewage systems everywhere are becoming disasters as people who had no toilet paper thanks to the hoarders are flushing things down the toilet that toilets were not meant to handle. The National Guard is getting activated by about half of the state governors so far and there's talk of using them to help police things.

I was already well stocked before this whole thing hit and I have independent food and water. The pandemic has relieved me of much of my social obligations. So here I sit, watching my species tear itself apart.

The toilet paper thing is just weird. I'm happy people freaked out about it rather than food though.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I wonder how my older sister is coping? Not that she's got the virus, like. It just she was round a couple days ago and absolutely raging, livid at the prospect of the school and nursery in our town being closed. This was before that actually happened.

"Ur they f__kin' serious, like? Whit um ah gonnae do?! Ah'll no cun cope..."

Though there wus'nae a massive argument, as there usually is when she acts like that. So am guessing this whole situation has made her start taking responsibility. Maybe just a wee bit...

Phoenixx

I just got laid off from work for 3 weeks. The county I work in already has 15 positive cases and is waiting on over 400 other tests results. The county my parents live in have 3 confirmed cases. The county we live in, sandwiched between these two, has zero. I expect that number to change, but I am surprised that even thus far we still have no confirmed cases.

So now that I'll be laid off, I'll be working on other projects for the time being. Shouldn't waste my time, gotta try to do more career building from home now that I actually have the time to do so.