College girl who doesn't party

Quiet Angel

I've been feeling insecure about something lately, but maybe it's nothing to worry about? ::eek:: I've never attended a party, except only once or twice, but it's a huge part of the college culture. I never drink or do drugs. I live a healthy lifestyle by interacting with my small circle of friends, study 6+ hours per day, and exercise at the gym. Will I feel regretful once I graduate college? ::(: The only parties I've ever been to really, are family ones. *lol* I sound like a huge loser.

Damaged

I don't know if you will regret it, do you want to go out and party? Its not for everyone drinking and partying but sometimes its fun to let go and dance and interact with other people.
But maybe you will regret it if you don't experience it at least once to find out if you like it or not?

Sinar_Matahari

No, you sound like someone who isn't wasting money and time. Not drinking and doing drugs doesn't make you a loser. You're actually going against the norm and I think that it's admirable.

Quiet Angel

I don't know if you will regret it, do you want to go out and party? Its not for everyone drinking and partying but sometimes its fun to let go and dance and interact with other people.
But maybe you will regret it if you don't experience it at least once to find out if you like it or not?

Yes, I would like to have that opportunity.
But getting invited to 'em is kindof tough. ::p:

coyote

You're not missing out on much but a lot of noisy people acting like jackasses.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with being a noisy jackass once in a while. It's fun as long as no one gets hurt.

But you can have a perfectly healthy, normal life without it.

Relax and enjoy what you enjoy doing.

Verynervous

Well I haven't been to college so I'm not quite sure how those party's are. I've always been one to only go to a party with about 6-10 people at the most, who are all good friends with no drama. The noisy jackasses aren't invited to our parties, only the usual people.

It's fun to go out and drink(no drugs) and just let loose. I usually find I'm quite a bit more relaxed with a few drinks in me so I can have a lot more fun. I've been trying to stay away from the drinking lately though as I was doing it so frequently that I'm sure it's not good to do it too much.

DanFC

Yes, I would like to have that opportunity.
But getting invited to 'em is kindof tough. ::p:

Well, since you are obviously smart and you probably don't want to commit to a sorority, join an honor society; they party like a fraternity/sorority but without so much of the ridiculousness :)

Ignace

Don't feel like u miss out. The whole point of college is to get a future, not screwing it up by partying. Concentrate on school. ;) If I was on college I would feel the same, but partying is not in my nature. :)

Feathers

At University, I went to quite a few parties, mostly those that were dorm parties where you didn't need an invitation. Do you have those over there? (Basically they were at the dorm so you just went with your roommate/s. Especially if you couldn't sleep because of the noise anyway. And you could go back any time if you wanted.)
Or any parties with international students? (My cousin says here in Slovenia, Europe, they can be awesome too.)

I didn't drink and do drugs either, some of my friends didn't either. Some just had a little to drink.
Some thought it was weird, but I could dance all night with just water. Tap water, to be precise. :)
(Maybe I had a beer or a glass of wine at times, nothing much, and found I preferred dancing without. In fact, later on, when I did have some alcohol, though still not much, I found I COULDN'T dance so much! Ha!)
/Just a beer can be different than a Breezer or something like that too, Breezers are worse, lol./

Sooo... If you go to a party, it doesn't mean you have to take anything.. It depends what kind of party it is, what kind of people.. what kind of music.. (I liked it best if I knew some people there..) Yes, some parties are drinking parties and you may not get invited, or feel sucky there and leave. Not sure if anyone can survive techno/house sober. Otherwise, with good music, I don't need anything else... (Plus, beer can make you do stupid things, lol.) Yes, some people thought I was stoned at times - nope, that's just my personality - I can just have fun without anything iffy!

And yeah, there were dorms where like whole floors of people flunked the year cause they were playing cards and partying so much. It's better to not be in that kind of dorm.

What am I saying? You're totally not a loser by not going to the parties. The opposite. You are admirable and possibly a high achiever. And most parties are the same and some can be kinda boring, depends on music & people. I didn't like too big events either. Some people never go to parties and are totally okay with that.
If you do go, there are ways to not compromise your integrity and still have fun.

Last edited:

Felgen

The reason why most peole who enroll in college drop out, is because they're only in it for the frat parties. Be proud of your individualism and your good study habits, because it can get you far.

LazyHermitCrab

hehe it's ok i'm the same way.. i do feel kinda regretful i haven't gone to at least one and hoping i can get the courage to just experiance it :) if i ever get invited again and feel somewat comfortable..

Avery

I've been feeling insecure about something lately, but maybe it's nothing to worry about? ::eek:: I've never attended a party, except only once or twice, but it's a huge part of the college culture. I never drink or do drugs. I live a healthy lifestyle by interacting with my small circle of friends, study 6+ hours per day, and exercise at the gym. Will I feel regretful once I graduate college? ::(: The only parties I've ever been to really, are family ones. *lol* I sound like a huge loser.

You don't sound like a loser to me -- I wish there were more like you. I've never been to a (non-family!) party, either, and doubt I will (except for work parties, maybe).

I'm saddened and little sickened by wild college partying and such. The drinking, the drugs, the sluttiness - no thanks.

I think you might regret not socializing as much as you would've liked to... whether that means partying/etc... that's up to you ;)

Honda

Its always good to experience something new... The more you see the more you know and learn about this world... Consider going once to see how things are but always be mature and responsible when venturing into new things..

Forget about it. No need to try and fit in. If you go to a party once in awhile its ok for the experience. No need to drink, do drugs, act like an idiot etc. You are doing fine by focusing on a healthy life. Parties are overrated, people make them out to be more than they really are, for the simple fact they want to be admired and feel/look grown up. But in reality they are idiots.

davidburke

i am in college too and i have never drank or done drugs either as others have said already its something to be proud of, most go there just to drink and party. I had to live in a couple of apartments with people who basically came to college to drink, all the time day and night getting sick everywhere and anywhere and smashing the place up. from what i've seen i think you are better off

petrified eyes

Parties. :rolleyes: All you'll end up doing is punching some egotistical rich guy because he insulted the prostitute that lives on your spaceship. EDIT: Nobody got my Firefly reference? ::(:

In all seriousness, if you want to go to parties but don't do the drugs or alcohol, then don't go to those types of parties. There are dry/drug free parties, some colleges even sponsor them.

Last edited: