• Yay

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

You've got to think about it this way. You don't know the person you're holding the door for in many cases. Holding the door for a woman that is 30 feet away from a door that you don't know seems silly to me. For all you know you are going out of your way to help someone you don't know.

This happened to me at school. A younger guy hurried to the door and held it open for me. I was pleasantly surprised. I thanked him of course. It was a small kind gesture, and because of it he made my day :) (needless to say, I vote yay on chivalry).

Yay.

Its a mark of respect. Opening doors and pulling chairs out is the least you can do gentlemen considering what we do for you. We bleed for you! We actually suffer quite a lot and then we go through childbirth!

I would not get into a relationship with somebody who didn't do these little things. It says a lot about a guys attitude toward women.

Good for you Emre! :)

Yay.

Its a mark of respect. Opening doors and pulling chairs out is the least you can do gentlemen considering what we do for you. We bleed for you! We actually suffer quite a lot and then we go through childbirth!

I would not get into a relationship with somebody who didn't do these little things. It says a lot about a guys attitude toward women.

I didn't realise you had given birth Paddy!

doubleM

Yay.

but if you have not born that specific man's children, then why is he required to do those things?

Last edited:

Waybuloo

but if you have not born that specific man's children, then why is he required to do those things?

But there are women who might've born this man's children but this man ran away from responsibilties. Either way he has to pay for past and future wrong doings right ? :p

emre43

Is there a reason the first thing that comes to your mind regarding what women might call you is 'The penis'? :eek:

Ermm...he he...no...it's not the first thing that comes to my mind either; I was referring to my John McCririck example on the previous page. In fact I'm pretty sure that they don't. But I know for a fact that men refer to women in an equivalent vein; which was really what I meant for this thread to be about, I just didn't explain myself very well. I didn't want it to be about a man pulling a chair form under a table for his girlfriend. What I wanted to say is why can we not treat each other as human beings rather than slabs of meat. At the end of the day we are all human beings and I would imagine that we all want to be treated with at least a little bit of respect.

Last edited:

doubleM

But there are women who might've born this man's children but this man ran away from responsibilties. Either way he has to pay for past and future wrong doings right ? :p

would have, should have, and could have are not a basis for giving respect or disrespect.

Kiwong

Dragons are an endangered species, they should be saved not slain. Call me a radical but I think quests to kill dragons to gain the hand of marriage of the fair maiden should be banned.

Presumably a woman gave birth to you. All men are born of women. IMO all men should therfor show respect for all women. And small gestures are a mark of respect and appreciation for the big things we do.

I didn't realise you had given birth Paddy!
You know perfectly well I haven't but that doesnt change the fact that for the entirity if my childbearing years Ill suffer every month except for the 40 weeks I might carry a child in which case Ill suffer even more and sacrifice a lot.

doubleM

Out of respect for the women who do bear children and suffer in order to keep the human race going.

Presumably a woman gave birth to you. All men are born of women. IMO all men should therfor show respect for all women. And small gestures are a mark of respect and appreciation for the big things we do.

that may be true, but without men here the human race wouldnt keep going either. when you get down to it, all people suffer in life.
i dont understand why in an age where people want equality between men and women that one side can collectively demand special treatment and unearned favors.

coyote

i dont understand why in an age where people want equality between men and women that one side can collectively demand special treatment and unearned favors.

rather than thinking of it as a demand from women or a requirement of men

try thinking of it as a privilege

you should treat women nicely because you CAN

they're pretty, they smell good, and they feel great

and they're just as smart, funny, creative, and capable as men are

and the better you treat them, the more you get to experience those qualities

why wouldn't you want to?

that may be true, but without men here the human race wouldnt keep going either. when you get down to it, all people suffer in life.

Men dont physically suffer from the perpetuation of the human race! That is the difference!
Special treatment??? Unearned favours? , Equality? Ok you want equality, why don't you bleed every month for 5-7 days for the majority of your life and then push a couple turkeys through your left nostril. Then maybe Ill hold the door for you.

The men who do hold doors and pull chairs, dont do it as a form of compensation, its not a trade. If it were it would be a really **** one for women. Its a mark of respect.

Last edited:

doubleM

Men dont physically suffer from the perpetuation of the human race! That is the difference!
Special treatment??? Unearned favours? , Equality? Ok you want equality, why don't you bleed every month for 5-7 days for the majority of your life and then push a couple turkeys through your left nostril. Then maybe Ill hold the door for you.

i dont think you understand what im saying. no need to get upset. men suffer physically too, just not through childbirth and periods. men(normally) have to work harder jobs. in ancient times it was the mans job to go out and hunt food. today the lot still falls on the man to provide for his family. (if he doesnt hes a deadbeat.)
the world today says we believe in equality, yet we somehow believe one side deserves special treatment. so why are there no women on the front lines of the army? theyre at the base doing easy stuff. the number of men killed in war is astronomical compared to women...to protect their nation and homeland. why are there few to no women working outside at a rough trade job in the hot sun and dirt? its men who have to that crappy work to provide for their woman and children...or pay their ridiculous child support to a woman.
so yeah, id say men have suffered from the perpetuation of the human race.

just because you COULD give birth to my child doesnt mean you deserve special treatment. (no offense).

philly2bits

This thread is getting is starting to turn into an argument. Also, the OP has made another thread that more reflected their original intentions.

So locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.