Canada versus America

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGR

Well I dont live in either,but I would really like to visit Canada some day,looks like a really great place.

Section_31

im too scared to leave canada, even to visit the US for a day. Im only 3 hours from the US bordert too. So no, id stay here.

Amazingly i dont mind our crazy winters.

lonely_drummer

Lol, funny thread. I'm Canadian and love my country, not because of anything political since its all the same bull****, plus Canada and the states are very very similar, especially now with Stephen Harper as PM, he always bends over for the US. I love Canada for what it is, big and empty. I love the wilderness, not to say that the US doesnt have it but I'm a true arctic boy and like my high latitudes lol. I don't go to the states much but that's not cuz I have anything against the place, it's just too similar to Canada and I like to go to places that are different from here. So my answer is no, I'd rather stay here in the cold than go anywhere warmer, Calgary is already too south for me lol, sooooo hot. It's gonna be 21 degrees today! A little too warm for my taste. Hmmmmmmmm, ok, I guess Alaska would be the exception, I've always wanted to go there.

lonely_drummer

Plus, Americans don't seem to get the whole poutine thing which I find absurd. I love poutine too much to leave. Plus it's hard to find places here that make poutine the correct way, so I'm sure the Americans would butcher it lol

Waybuloo

Canada has a good fall back system to support you if you are in financial trouble or in need of health care. I think if you are vulnerable like that best stay out of the USA. Was it a Michael Moore film showing us Americans forking out loads of money, selling the house etc to pay for finger reattachment procedures and similar countrymen going to Mexico and getting quality care?

I think that in general, Canadians can be more down to earth and you can talk to them properly. Of course this does not apply to everybody.

All the Canadian actors that get into the movie scene seem to be pretty decent people.

WeirdyMcGee

I've had 4 separate opportunities to move to the states for work but didn't take them for various reasons.
Also-- I could move right now if I wanted to; as I do have a place to live...
but being someone who is both very sick and very poor-- I'm better off staying in Canada. I know I'll be taken care of.

I love my country but I wish I had a chance to see more of it than just Ontario!
I'd like to travel.
I'd also like to see the US and the rest of the world, too. haha

Phoenixx

Just out of curiosity, on other forums I hear many Americans wishing that they lived in Canada for many reasons, but the biggest reason is Canada has a good healthcare system.
^ That's the main reason why I would go there. Also, I've never been to Canada before either and I've always wanted to go. Sucks I didn't get to go before we needed passports. :rolleyes: I'm about 3 hours from the border too.

I think you should all move to Australia.
^ LOL I'm up for that! ::p:

Plus, Americans don't seem to get the whole poutine thing which I find absurd. I love poutine too much to leave. Plus it's hard to find places here that make poutine the correct way, so I'm sure the Americans would butcher it lol
^ I've never had poutine, but I've seen it before and I think it looks awesome! :D We do kind of a similar thing up here in upstate NY with a meat sauce called Texas Hot Sauce. (It didn't originate in Texas, so I really don't know why it's called that :p) I can't really describe exactly how it tastes since it's so unique, but it's like really earthy, deep in flavor, with a hint of spiciness. There's this dish called a Garbage Plate where it's fries smothered in texas hot sauce, minced onions, ketchup, and mustard. It looks gross (hence the name), but it's amazing. ::p:

1BlackSheep

I'm American and get the whole poutine thing! :)

I did notice when I've visited Canada a number of times that you all do really love your meat and potatoes! I think our food might be a little too healthy for you (well, except for the HoHo's and Ding Dongs)! ;)

Silatuyok

The US is warmer, which is really all I care about, deep down. I can close my eyes and ears to all the crappy politics, just so long as I'm not freezing my butt off. ::p:

this_portrait

I went to various parts of Ontario for a school trip years ago, and I enjoyed it very much. If I could afford it, I'd go again and visit other provinces as well. Hell, there are still places here in the States I would like to visit.

While I'd have a hard time leaving the States because I've been here for so long, I much prefer cooler temperatures. Oh, and less people (I'm looking at you, Chicago -glare-).

As for healthcare... I've heard many things about both systems. They both have their pros and cons, though for me personally, a healthcare system like Canada's would be much more beneficial.

da_illest101

I can't see myself living in the u s, though I won't explain why as I don't want to insult or offend anyone on my opinions that not only cannot reflets a country as a whole, but it cannot reflets each individuals as well.

What I like of the us though is that everything is so much cheaper than in canada. The amount I saves when I go there is crazy.

Places like florida and california really interest me to visit since I love hot weather and hates the winter of quebec, although with global warming that will become less and less of a problem ( it sure will creates new problems).

I went to pennsylvania, in a small city I forgot the name, for my cousin's wedding and I was shock on how friendly people were over there, compare to new york, where people were more often rude than anything else. I love small towns rather than big cities and my experience there really pushed me to live somewhere like that.

And no poutine. I'm from the birthplace of that damn meal, no poutine in my trio is like eating a duo. And we got a lots of different type of poutine, not just one. Seriously people go buy fries, go buy gravy and go buy cheese ( the squeshi cheese). Cook the fries, put the cheese on top of the fries, put the hot gravy on top of it all and make sure the cheese melt and eat that thing :)

da_illest101

cant we just call it fries with gravy and cheese?? why does it need to be called poutine? LOL

no-meme.jpg

coyote

both canada and the US are so large that they are difficult to paint with such a broad brush

geographically, some parts of the US are much nicer than some parts of Canada, and vice versa

and as for the governments, economies, and social programs - again, both nations have federal systems, so it varies from locality to locality

plus each has pros, and each has cons

but...

there is a growing disparity between the haves and have nots in the US, and that is feeding the political climate - this concerns me and most people i know

i don't know if it's any different in Canada

Agent_Violet

i don't know where i'd prefer to live honestly. but i can tell you i'm sick to death of the constant bullsh*t comparisons American vs Canadian. Canadian vs American.
Enough is enough. Damn!

It sucks everywhere.It just sucks for different reasons.

Hoppy

Being on the other side of the world it amuses me to see people comparing countries that are so much the same.

lonely_drummer

cant we just call it fries with gravy and cheese?? why does it need to be called poutine? LOL

because its not just fries with gravy and cheese lol. its gotta be awesome thick fries, the best, thickest beef gravy and the one mistake everyone makes is the cheese, its gotta be cheese curds, nothing else, not shredded cheddar or something, no, cheese curds lol. I find out west here, a lot of people mess up the poutine all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.