Canada versus America

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_illest101

because its not just fries with gravy and cheese lol. its gotta be awesome thick fries, the best, thickest beef gravy and the one mistake everyone makes is the cheese, its gotta be cheese curds, nothing else, not shredded cheddar or something, no, cheese curds lol. I find out west here, a lot of people mess up the poutine all the time.

You, my friend, knows exactly how it's done

coyote

i would not be adverse to receiving an express delivery of poutine from anyone choosing to send it...

da_illest101

i would not be adverse to receiving an express delivery of poutine from anyone choosing to send it...

Da_Illest101 poutine restaurant ( we deliver every where, well almost)

7.99$ for the poutine

Express shipping is 7 to 10 business day, can be longer the further you are from quebec

4,99$ for shipping, free for orders are over 50$

We don't include utensils or napkins

we don't do refund

if your poutine doesn't look like the ones you saw on google don't worry, it will probably taste the same.

saying it looks weird, out dates, taste like rotten food due to the time it took for the EXPRESS delivery is not a valid complaint, just an opinion.

if you have any complaints please call us at 1 800 blue moon ( 258-3666?)

Thank you come again (aka order again)

Last edited:

EscapeArtist

Lol this topic called out to me.. YES i would definitely move to america !!!!

I moved from Oregon when I was 13 and that was pretty much where all my issues started in the first place. I find Americans to just be.. a lot.. nicer. I know i'm probably generalizing, but every single time I go to America it seems to be proven to me that it's true. Americans have more connections to faith/god, they seem more willing to extend a hand to complete strangers, they talk to you and open up about themselves, don't just walk around wearing some face... They actually talk to you when you're a stranger. That just doesn't happen here as often. They seem less judgemental and more real... Less need to look good all the time. Most importantly, MORE COMMUNITY... Maybe that has to do with having more religious folk down there.

People up here (which I don't know as much about seeing I have never been too connected up here), have less faith, people are more closed off to strangers and won't speak their thoughts to them, less willing to lend a helping hand to complete strangers, they just seem colder, like there are less heart-on-sleeve people, or 'characters' in general

When I was down just visiting in Washington, our car broke down and we had a random lady drive us 30 mins to the store to get groceries, drive us to the car repair place, and then offer to live with her. Also a dude walking down the sidewalk tapped on our window and offered to help us read the map that we had unfolded at a gas station. Things like that would just not happen. Or the lady that worked at the airport in Arizona, that sat around with us for hours talking and calling places, sharing her personal life when we were stuck there with no car rental. Talking about how her and my mom should go out for a drink sometime and acting like they're best friends right off the bat. I don't ever see things like this up here, but every visit down there has these kinds of people.

I am totally stereotyping and I'm sure there are places where this is not true, and it probably has a lot of personal bias behind it from my childhood , but at least comparing where I live to where I used to live and the 3 other places I've traveled to in America, I feel like these things are true. Some of them are faulty thoughts but some of them are not. I would move in a heartbeat, and I guess I also have that choice seeing my dad lives down in Indiana.

Last edited:
I'd definitely stay in Canada. I heard that California alone has more people than all of Canada, so I think the US would be too crowded for me lol

Invisibleman

Well like its been said there are better parts of both countries and worse parts. I mean ive been to the Us plenty of times and have had great experiences and met friendly people like in Maine and New Hampshire. And then ive been to New York state where ive had my life threatened for bumping into somebody, have had people roll down their window after seeing our licence plate and yelling "f**k you Canadian pigs" , have had cashiers take our canadian money, crumple it up and throw it in the trash (even though you can still accept it).

And then its vice versa for an american coming to Canada. If they went to Newfoundland or Saskatchewan they would probably meet more friendly people then in Say Quebec or Ontario.

Newtype

And then its vice versa for an american coming to Canada. If they went to Newfoundland or Saskatchewan they would probably meet more friendly people then in Say Quebec or Ontario.

What's wrong with Quebec? American who come here are always saying that we're so nice and hospitable.

I would definitely stay in Canada. I don't know how a country can call itself the best country in the world when they have no universal healthcare and their tuition fees are just insane. Also, when you're in Canada and you're following U.S. politics, you get a good laugh when hearing those Republicans talk 'cause they're just so crazy, it's like they're living on another planet. However, if you're American, you can't really laugh about it because these people can have an impact on your life!

There are definitely advantages to living in the U.S. though. First of all, they have Trix cereals. They were my favourite cereals when I was a kid but they were banned in Canada for being unhealthy. Also, they have Jerry Springer, another thing that was taken from me during my childhood.

Newtype

Well maybe I shouldnt have have said Quebec overall but certainly Montreal is quite the douche central.

I've been living here my whole life and I see nothing wrong with it. People are nice and normal. Usually people who say something bad about the place have a really stupid reason for saying so.

da_illest101

I've been living here my whole life and I see nothing wrong with it. People are nice and normal. Usually people who say something bad about the place have a really stupid reason for saying so.

I think it depends of which part of montreal you go, there is a lot of streets gang over there. Personally nothing happened to me there, I go to school and work in montreal, but I'm from Laval

Invisibleman

What happened to you there?

Well one time when we were there a man assaulted my sister for walking too slow on the sidewalk, he grabbed her and threw her into a brick wall. Then we were at a restaurant one time and the waitress who was speaking perfect english 2 seconds before decided she would forget the language when she got to us. My sisters french boyfriend shot off to her in french then she decided she would forget that language too, we just left. I dunno I just find people in montreal dont take too kindly to the rest of Canada.

MikeyC

I think the real question here is: Space colony OR Subterranean colony.
Ooh, now we're talking.

I would probably take space because there's, well, space to expand. Subterranean seems a little more restrictive. Plus I've played a bit of BioShock so that would scare me!

1BlackSheep

I think the problem with US healthcare is the price fixing of Doctors and med corporations, they do not want a 'reasonably priced' free healthcare plan to compete against.
Also, Medicare actually costs the US more in GDP and the NHS costs the UK. Yet the service is crap and only available to a minority instead of 100%. Tax payers are being ripped off it seems.

Interesting article:

UK v USA – the basic healthcare facts | Liberal Conspiracy
I don't think it can be entirely blamed on price fixing of doctors and med corps. Much of it has to do with the insurance companies and what they will or won't pay for. Also, Medicare service isn't crap as it often pays more than a private insurance company does! This is definitely going to change though.

Our healthcare costs are also high because of the amount spent on medical technology. It is the primary factor in our rising healthcare costs.

And, I can say from my own experience working in the medical field, Americans are a bit spoiled when it comes to delivery of medical services. We can be seen by a medical provider on the same day we come in, get a CT scan or ultrasound on the spot, and be in surgery within a few hours afterward! We are not willing to wait, which is what, from my understanding, often happens in NHS countries: a long wait time.

I'm happy that Obamacare is moving forward, but people are going to need to be willing to make some adjustments!

Status
Not open for further replies.