Biggest Fear?

iamthenra

My biggest fear is kind of like yours, only I'm afraid that I won't experience the things that I want to before I die... For me it's always the same... Fall in love with a woman, get married, and experience sex at least once before I die or before things quit working the way nature intended....

ripewithdecay

Tapeworms. Nasty critters. Never had one, pray I don't have one, paranoid about every piece of delicious pork I shove into my mouth.

Being forgotten. I'd hate to pass through this life without anyone knowing who I was.. Id like to be remembered but i can imagine nobody would give a **** when I die LOL also have a non sa related fear of being gruesomely murdered which makes me slightly paranoid/schizo at night but I won't get into that lol

lunarla

Also, sorry for replying and not really responding to the actual subject of the thread! I'd say a lot of my biggest fears pertain to my anxieties and some-what OCD thoughts. Other than that, I fear not getting any better and amounting to nothing. I have really high expectations for myself and I really fear at the back of my mind not living up to those. I also fear my response if I don't live up to those expectations.

Kustamogen

Banned
I fear bees and wasps too.......just because I know if I got stung I would freak out and think Im having an allegic reaction or something (which actually happened to me driving home from golfing when I was 18........got 1/2 way home and I think I was hyperventilating so bad that I ended up pulling over into a parking lot...opening the door....and I fell out of the vehicle onto the ground and couldnt get up....had an ambulance called and everything....that sucked)

rjv

I'd say my biggest fear sometimes is that I'm too broken...unfixable. I get tired of struggling with this and all of the emotions that come with it from time to time.
I do believe SA has alot to do with just the way we percieve the world. I know cognitive therapy has helped me alot. Even though I still have alot of issues, I'm happier now because I've changed some of my bad thinking patterns.

alex7

My biggest fear is that one day ill lose hope in beating SA. To one day wake up and accept the fact that SA is going to be part of my life forever scares the living **** outta me.

A fear that i face very frequently is being stuck in a room with someone and no one is speaking. This happened last time when i had a job interview and the assistant was stuck in a small office with me for 30 mins. An empty room with no TV, and only a big window. The awkward tension coulda have been cut with a knife.

Emily_G

My biggest fear is having people look at me like I'm crazy. I had to give an oral presentation a few years back for school...I looked up at the audience once and a guy was looking at me like I was a nut case. I spent a long time crying in the bathroom afterwards....

I am very seriously afraid of being a failure, and of other people knowing that I'm a failure. I hate when people have certain expectations for me, and then I don't meet them. I don't like letting people down who are relying on me. If i set out to accomplish something, and then somehow I do not succeed, it is the worst feeling for me, I don't handle it very well at all.

Bullied Anonymous

Being Judged
Living with my father
Becoming my father
Becoming completely mute by SA
Repression and Nightmares
Losing a loved one
Ruining my future
Dying alone
Dying of a very painful disease
Hurting someone
Killing myself
Not being able to breathe
Guns
Being killed/hurt
Being alone with a guy I really like
Being talked down to
Loving someone and getting hurt
Losing my faith completely
(Biggest fears. A couple I've been through ,already)

Last edited:

206Raider

My biggest fear is that one day ill lose hope in beating SA. To one day wake up and accept the fact that SA is going to be part of my life forever scares the living **** outta me.

A fear that i face very frequently is being stuck in a room with someone and no one is speaking. This happened last time when i had a job interview and the assistant was stuck in a small office with me for 30 mins. An empty room with no TV, and only a big window. The awkward tension coulda have been cut with a knife.

Oh man I hate those moments more than anything! I also believe sometimes I'm too broken but thats just SA talking, we all can change our lives it's just way easier said than done. I have to go to CBT and I went today and it opened my eyes a little about what my thought patterns are and how I can change them. Work in progress but it's still progress.

Fighter86

Biggest SA fear: That people would not like me, its my biggest fear associated with SA. Its so bad I actually get chills and cold sweat if I were in the same room as a person who I think dislikes me!

Other biggest fears unassociated with SA: Eventually becoming the same person as my mother. Even now, I can see similar behavioral patterns between the two of us, and I would really really hate to become exactly like her.