Bad Date Stories

montejocarlo

i've never been on a date nor have been asked on one. i don't know if it's better or worse than having a bad date. i'm like a 10-yr old when it comes to romantic stuff.

doubleM

oh the stories i could tell....2 really stand out. i had a date with one girl several years ago where she just bailed on me in mid-date. we met at the movie theater. all i did was be nice to her, i paid for her movie ticket too. i kept talking to her, but later she was like i gotta go, then took off.
more recently i met up with a girl i used to go to school with. i hadnt seen her in a long time. we were facebook friends so i contacted her and asked her to meet up for coffee. i waited 3 weeks until she got time to meet up. then we finally met at starbucks. she seemed really excited about meeting me again. the conversation seemed to go good at first, then she asked about my life. i told her im in school and my only job is my online business. i dont know why i chose to be honest, i guess i should have lied and showed my pockets full of cash. then i asked her to go out with me and she said she didnt know if she will have time. (blow off).
i thought that she, being a more down to earth person, would have at least given me a chance but apparently im not good enough for her. she ignored all of my texts and calls after that. i felt so stupid for even asking her to meet me.

those 2 were the most humiliating.

Eristelle

One day I thought it was Wednesday, but I looked at the calendar and saw the date.
It was Sunday.

MikeyC

I've been the dreaded 'third wheel' on dates. Does that count as bad date stories?

A friend I had dragged me along to the park where she then made out with a guy for over 2 hours while I was turned the other way on the swing. I think that has to be my most awkward moment I've ever encountered in life. And I couldn't even leave because I didn't know the area -.-.

Technically I was still part of the date! Cause I was there.
Oh, gosh. I'm so sorry this happened to you but this reminds me of one of the worst things that happened. I don't know how I forgot this one.

So a female friend and I had been really close. I was totally interested in her but she was not exactly reciprocating. Anyway, I went to her 21st birthday party in Victoria, which was about a 7 hour drive. I get there during the day and it's all fine and everything, setting up their house, meeting her mum and so on. Once more guests arrived the drinks came out and the party was in full swing.

At one point someone suggested going out to a club, so a bunch of us did. We get to this club and the birthday girl had been kind of flirting with me up to this point. Another guy in our group was dancing with her on the dance floor while I was sitting on a table too scared to go up there. Eventually they start making out. At that moment I realised how bad that was, considering she was all flirty with me, and I got really depressed. We all left and I had to follow them through the town because I was unfamiliar with where we were, all the while they kept making out and I had to stand there and endure it. We got a taxi back to their place and she set up the bed for me and she left to make out with that other guy again.

I'm sitting there in the dark, close to tears. I ended up having to walk around the room to try to stop my tears, which worked. Not too long later, the birthday girl comes in and gets in my bed and decided to snuggle with me. I was so confused and humiliated by the whole experience, and it took everything I had not to kick her out. I eventually fell asleep.

I had to stay one more night but the next day all I wanted to do was leave. She told me at some point that "she wasn't making out with him to make me jealous," or words to that effect. I basically said okay just so we could drop it. I stayed over one more night and the following morning I left for the 7 hour drive back.

That may just well have been the worst "date" experience I've ever had.

MikeyC

^That sounds horrible, Mikey. Her telling you that she wasn't trying to make you jealous is a clear indication that she knew that what she was doing might have hurt you. I'm very sorry you had to experience that, especially since you'd gone all that way to visit her. I guess you just have to feel glad that you didn't become involved with her on a more intense level; as her behaviour sounds quite confusing.
I really wanted to get more involved with her when she lived here but it didn't happen. She was very hot and cold but at the end of the day she was my best friend. She did hurt me but I have moved on. I don't forget, though.

P.S I love Eristelle's bad date story :D:D
Nice and succinct. :D

KiaKaha

Banned
Girls can be weird sometimes - one minute they're all over you, the next they're not interested. Rather go out with some guy that likes to beat them up etc...

Dont worry ladies - I know guys can be confusing idiots too.

MikeyC

There's something quite difficult about trying to detach from people who are hot and cold because you never quite know what they're thinking or whether or not anything can happen between you both. At least now, you can think back and just enjoy the memories you have of being friends with this girl. I'm really glad to hear you've moved on :)
Yeah, exactly. I thought that maybe she liked me, but then other times I thought she didn't. I'm was very unsure of her feelings. Despite that, though, she was my friend and we were like brother and sister. I have a few pictures of her, and some fond memories. That birthday party is a huge black spot which I try to forget.

Kissing her was a nice highlight of our friendship, though, hehe. ::eek::

Rembrandt Broam

She told me at some point that "she wasn't making out with him to make me jealous," or words to that effect.

If someone says "I wasn't doing X to make you jealous" and and you hadn't indicated that you were jealous, or even brought up X at all, then it's usually a pretty good bet that that's exactly what they were doing.

It sounds like maybe she was hoping you'd make a move after the flirting, and when you didn't she perhaps felt a little rejected, and that was her way of making herself feel better, and showing you that some other guy was interested in her.

Silatuyok

I once went on a first date with a guy the day before Easter. It went okay, even though he made fun of me for ordering champagne, and tried to make it obvious that he wanted me to offer to pay for my own dinner.
Anyway, since he was new to town and didn't have any family, I invited him to my family's Easter dinner the next day. He was extremely enthusiastic about going, and said he'd be "honored."
That was a big mistake. The dinner was at my sister's house, and she threw a fit when I told her I was bringing an unexpected date. Then after dinner my dad got ahold of him and started talking his ear off with all his conspiracy theories.
Honestly, I thought the whole thing went okay, but I got an email a couple days later saying that he didn't want to date me anymore. I guess this would be one of his bad date stories. ::p:

MikeyC

If someone says "I wasn't doing X to make you jealous" and and you hadn't indicated that you were jealous, or even brought up X at all, then it's usually a pretty good bet that that's exactly what they were doing.

It sounds like maybe she was hoping you'd make a move after the flirting, and when you didn't she perhaps felt a little rejected, and that was her way of making herself feel better, and showing you that some other guy was interested in her.
Perhaps you're right, on both counts. If I had my time over again I might've done something different, but it's in the past now.

Srijita52

I once went on a first date with a guy the day before Easter. It went okay, even though he made fun of me for ordering champagne, and tried to make it obvious that he wanted me to offer to pay for my own dinner.
Anyway, since he was new to town and didn't have any family, I invited him to my family's Easter dinner the next day. He was extremely enthusiastic about going, and said he'd be "honored."
That was a big mistake. The dinner was at my sister's house, and she threw a fit when I told her I was bringing an unexpected date. Then after dinner my dad got ahold of him and started talking his ear off with all his conspiracy theories.
Honestly, I thought the whole thing went okay, but I got an email a couple days later saying that he didn't want to date me anymore. I guess this would be one of his bad date stories. ::p:
Oh wow I'm sorry.
Yeah, exactly. I thought that maybe she liked me, but then other times I thought she didn't. I'm was very unsure of her feelings. Despite that, though, she was my friend and we were like brother and sister. I have a few pictures of her, and some fond memories. That birthday party is a huge black spot which I try to forget.

Maybe she was confused? I've a friend just like that who likes to give mixed signals. She's had many 'friends' who have been hurt by her behaviour. She says she has no clue about what she wants though.

MikeyC

Maybe she was confused? I've a friend just like that who likes to give mixed signals. She's had many 'friends' who have been hurt by her behaviour. She says she has no clue about what she wants though.
Maybe you're right and she really didn't know. There could be a lot of reasons why she acted like that but it still hurt me at the time. I guess by doing nothing that night I didn't really help myelf too much, either, haha.

Srijita52

Maybe you're right and she really didn't know. There could be a lot of reasons why she acted like that but it still hurt me at the time. I guess by doing nothing that night I didn't really help myelf too much, either, haha.
Yeah, there might be a lot of reasons and you may never know. I'm sorry you had to go through it though.

doubleM

Oh wow I'm sorry.

she wasnt confused at all. she knew exactly what she was doing. that is what is called "a shoulder to cry on".

Last edited:

Waybuloo

I have a bad story concerning a guy I knew whilst at uni. He and I were in the same tutorials and we did some group work together. He asked me why I didn't have a bf, and forced me to justify why because I said I didn't want to. He later asked if I wanted to watch a movie, just as friends. Prior to this, we would talk at uni and he would ring me up a lot and chat about stuff, as well as talk on messenger. He tried to pick something off my face once and I was really offended that he wanted to touch my face, instead of just telling me where the flint/smudge/whatever was so I could get it off myself.

I agreed because he said just as friends. When I payed for my own ticket he looked hesitant and awkward. He wasn't talkative during the movie, even though he usually talks a lot. I felt awkward and ended up walking around a bit where I lived and then we walked to my doorstep, but it seemed he expected that we would go and eat. He seemed to wait a bit on the doorstep whilst I turned to go in. I don't get it, could you guys tell me if he was just being weird or was he trying to test me and perhaps go about it like he wanted to be more than friends?

I was really not interested in him and even being friends with him was odd for me because I didn't feel comfortable in his presence. He could be said to be a nice guy, but it just didn't seem genuine.

Boby

I have a bad story concerning a guy I knew whilst at uni. He and I were in the same tutorials and we did some group work together. He asked me why I didn't have a bf, and forced me to justify why because I said I didn't want to. He later asked if I wanted to watch a movie, just as friends. Prior to this, we would talk at uni and he would ring me up a lot and chat about stuff, as well as talk on messenger. He tried to pick something off my face once and I was really offended that he wanted to touch my face, instead of just telling me where the flint/smudge/whatever was so I could get it off myself.

I agreed because he said just as friends. When I payed for my own ticket he looked hesitant and awkward. He wasn't talkative during the movie, even though he usually talks a lot. I felt awkward and ended up walking around a bit where I lived and then we walked to my doorstep, but it seemed he expected that we would go and eat. He seemed to wait a bit on the doorstep whilst I turned to go in. I don't get it, could you guys tell me if he was just being weird or was he trying to test me and perhaps go about it like he wanted to be more than friends?

I was really not interested in him and even being friends with him was odd for me because I didn't feel comfortable in his presence. He could be said to be a nice guy, but it just didn't seem genuine.

Well some guys just don't know when to give up and move on or are pretty bad at picking signs that a girl is interested in him.

Silatuyok

To me, it sounds like maybe he wanted to date you but just didn't know how to go about it. Awkward!

MikeyC

Sounded like he wanted to be more than friends but was a bit nervous at the time of the movie. If you were uncomfortable around him then it's good that you didn't pursue it too much.