Bad Date Stories

Hoppy

It wasn't such a bad first date, I actually enjoyed it and it seems to me she did as well. Afterwards we went to her flat and talked for a while before I left. It took me more than a week to realise she was actually trying to get me to bed.

Silatuyok

It wasn't such a bad first date, I actually enjoyed it and it seems to me she did as well. Afterwards we went to her flat and talked for a while before I left. It took me more than a week to realise she was actually trying to get me to bed.

D'oh! Sounds like something I would do. :p

coyote

then there was that time in Kyoto
with the australian fashion model
i was watching her photo shoot
a line of fur coats, i believe
we struck up a conversation about the koi
later we went for noodles
then made it back to her hotel room
the photographer had poor timing
his keys rattling in the door startled us
her immediate reaction was quick
and unexpected...
it was definitely not the ending i had hoped for
human flesh is not meant to mesh with a zipper
the bleeding wasn't bad
but she took a train to Tokyo the next morning

Last edited:

Invisibleman

You mean like a romantic date? because technically a date can mean just an outing with another person::p: Ive been on awkward outing dates but ive never had a romantic date so I wouldnt have any stories.

then there was that time in Kyoto
with the australian fashion model
i was watching her photo shoot
a line of fur coats, i believe
we struck up a conversation about the koi
later we went for noodles
then made it back to her hotel room
the photographer had poor timing
his keys rattling in the door startled us
her immediate reaction was quick
and unexpected...
it was definitely not the ending i had hoped for
human flesh is not meant to mesh with a zipper
the bleeding wasn't bad
but she took a train to Tokyo the next morning

o_O this is... real? whoa

WeirdyMcGee

From a few responses, I'm assuming people have been in relationships (saying my 'ex' or whatever) but hadn't gone on any dates?
A date doesn't have to be fancy at all-- it can just be hanging out, eating together, watching a movie...

Even when I'd lived with my long term man-friend, we still made time to go on 'special' dates several times a month.
And by 'special' I mean-- leave the house.
haha

And I suppose I originally meant a date with the intention of being 'romantic' eventually-- but I wouldn't exclude any outing with a friend or family member, either.
Just any time you went out and someone or something happened that was not planned/ that was not pleasant.
You mean like a romantic date? because technically a date can mean just an outing with another person::p: Ive been on awkward outing dates but ive never had a romantic date so I wouldnt have any stories.
A date is a date... isn't it?
You don't have to be getting dressed up in a tuxedo and going to the Opera with your 'bride to be' for it to be considered a date.
haha XD

WeirdyMcGee

My second 'blind date'-- set up by my uncle, 2 years ago-- with a young man he did contracting work with:

I was told to go to a restaraunt-- without a family member holding my hand; which was EXCRUTIATING. The only reason I went and I tried my best was that he was expecting me to be there and I suppose my uncle skipped over the bit about me being prone to anxiety, panic and being agoraphobic.... anyway-- I showed up so that I wouldn't have hurt his feelings by cancelling without meeting him face to face or just not showing up and having him come to the conclusion that he hates all women or something... (that's what goes through my head when I worry. haha)

So, I show up.
He shows up 5 minutes late.
We sit down.
He orders some booze; I decline politely and tell him I don't drink.
He says; "I respect that." - excuses himself and goes into the washroom.
What feels like half an hour later, he comes out reeking like marijuana and proceeds to leave the restaraunt.
The smell triggers me to go into the washroom to vomit; then I'm sitting on the bathroom floor of this chinese restaraunt, crying into the phone- asking my uncle to come and get me.

Fun time.
That was my third ever first date.
My next two went pretty much the same as the first two.
I had much better luck with my first and only boyfriend-- at least he stuck around for 8 years. :rolleyes:
Didn't have to be *that* long; but getting through one entire evening would have been nice-- even if I didn't want to do it and it was a 'suprise' brought on by my relatives insisting that I need to find another man and get married and make babies.

^Ohh, well in that case...

I went on a "date" with a kid in college before, we had an alright time and he asked me to meet him for lunch the next day. He never showed up and I texted him, no response. Then later on he was with another girl. Then he had the nerve to text me months later saying "Hey, what's up, wanna hang out?" pfft. I gave him a pretty cold response.

Invisibleman

A date is a date... isn't it?
You don't have to be getting dressed up in a tuxedo and going to the Opera with your 'bride to be' for it to be considered a date.
haha XD

I was talking about what you had put above my quote.I was confused as to wether you meant a date with romantic intentions or a date as in going to the arcade with co worker yakov on a tuesday night,you know going to do something with somebody just to do something with somebody.

MikeyC

About two years ago I went on a lunch date with a female friend. It's difficult for her to get any time to do things so this was a big deal. We picked a nice cafe, a good day, and the scene was set for a great lunch.

Instead, what occurred was her being absolutely uninterested in everything I had to say. I couldn't have been more humiliated and embarrassed because she barely spoke and I had to then over-compensate. I don't think I've ever had a more bored lunch date in my whole life. She decided to leave early and when we parted ways I made the decision never to have lunch with her again. I still haven't.

Divine

My boyfriend and I hadn't been dating very long and it was our first movie date. I was super super nervous and I took it out on the popcorn. Lol. So my hand was all buttery when he reached over to hold my hand. Still to this day I kick myself over that. Lol I guess this isn't so terrible compared to some of the stories here.

Srijita52

About two years ago I went on a lunch date with a female friend. It's difficult for her to get any time to do things so this was a big deal. We picked a nice cafe, a good day, and the scene was set for a great lunch.

Instead, what occurred was her being absolutely uninterested in everything I had to say. I couldn't have been more humiliated and embarrassed because she barely spoke and I had to then over-compensate. I don't think I've ever had a more bored lunch date in my whole life. She decided to leave early and when we parted ways I made the decision never to have lunch with her again. I still haven't.
That sounds very uncomfortable. No wonder you never had lunch with her again.

Iluv

I've been the dreaded 'third wheel' on dates. Does that count as bad date stories?

A friend I had dragged me along to the park where she then made out with a guy for over 2 hours while I was turned the other way on the swing. I think that has to be my most awkward moment I've ever encountered in life. And I couldn't even leave because I didn't know the area -.-.

Technically I was still part of the date! Cause I was there.

AGR

I've been the dreaded 'third wheel' on dates. Does that count as bad date stories?

A friend I had dragged me along to the park where she then made out with a guy for over 2 hours while I was turned the other way on the swing. I think that has to be my most awkward moment I've ever encountered in life. And I couldn't even leave because I didn't know the area -.-.

That made me remember something,I was in your situation once,only I was driving,while they were on the backseat of a wagon(not sure if I am using the right word)doing much more than kissing.......

Last edited:

Srijita52

I've had similar experience. I'm sorry you had to go through that though.

Boby

Omg that happened to me too,it was a couple of years back, I went to a park with a friend,we were supposed to met with some other guys to play some football(not america football,european football-soccer) but those guys didn't show up and we decided to have a walk around the park and go home.But as we walked my friend met with a girl that he knew and liked so the quick walk turned into an insta-date.They started to made out ,I don't remember for how much but it felt like an eternity and I didn't even signed for that I was only expected to play football that day :mad: