Bad Date Stories

WeirdyMcGee

Things don't always work out in the dating world.
I think everyone should know this because it's fact; but there's no need to dwell on it, either.
Sometimes things work-- sometimes they don't.
I do wonder if it's luck that allows a date to go well? Pure luck. Seems like it is to me... haha-- but I suppose that people have the ability to openly be who they are now; so less people are compatible because less people don't try to fit in a box together.
That's my theory, anyway!

I thought it would be fun to share some 'bad date' stories - or even 'strange date' stories if anyone has one?
Dates as in... courtships and such - not dates on a calendar.
Although if you have a calendar date story, why not share it anyways?
Share away!

Interesting theory, I've never thought about that before...

I haven't been on *that* many dates, but I did have a fairly bad one. I met a guy from a dating site for drinks and he was super nervous. Nothing wrong with that, but it gets worse... I basically had to do the talking, it was like pulling teeth, and it was so uncomfortable. And then to make it even worse, when we went to another place to get something to eat, he pointed something out about me that I am extremely self-conscious of (it's my BDD obsession). That ruined the whole thing. He saw that I was upset and he kept apologizing but the damage was done.

Actually, that date was the trigger for this depression I'm in right now, and it's been pretty severe. Thanks, jerk -___-

WeirdyMcGee

I've been on 3 blind dates since my 8 year relationship ended.
I didn't want to date yet; but my family members have been insisting-- and thus; set me up with acquaintances of theirs.

I; being the polite person that I am, felt it would be rude to turn down the surprise and make my blind date feel bad-- went along with it.

The most memorable story happened on Canadian Thanksgiving 2 years ago.
I was at my sister's place and she and her boyfriend had invited a friend of theirs to come for dinner-- telling *him* it was like a double date; and not telling me that he thought it was until an hour before his arrival.
So, I washed my hair and dried it, brushed my teeth, put something other than a t-shirt and leggings on, and waited.
My sister's boyfriend was freaking out a bit-- trying to get hold of his friend 2 hours after he'd said he was going to arrive, and 3 hours.
Finally, he shows up and takes a seat in the livingroom.
My sister plates our dinners and he excuses himself.
It was less than 3 minutes of sitting before he headed back out the door and disappeared.
And he didn't come back.
haha

I was pleasant, I said hello and asked if he was hungry- made conversation and subsequently; scared him away.
That was my second first date, ever.

When my sister had asked him why he left, he said nothing-- or that's what she told me, anyways.
Good pick, sis!

coyote

i was seventeen - she was sixteen
she had red hair, green eyes, freckles, and dangerous curves
her father was a minister
we parked her car at the end of a dark, country road
popped her favorite cassette in the tape player
Foreigner, Journey, Styx... i can't remember
turned up the stereo so we could just hear the music from the back seat
set it to auto-repeat
i'm not sure how many times that album played....
luckily, a sheriff's deputy came by and asked us what we were doing out there in the dark
lucky, because we had already put our clothes back on
lucky, because we found the car battery had died when we tried to start it
lucky, because it would have been a long walk back to town
not so lucky trying to explain to her parents why the squad car brought us home

Last edited:

MrJones

One of the good things of never being on a date is that I have no bad experiences (or good ones, but at least nothing bad :p).

AGR

uh what date ? :-/

guess I should say my almost getting a date.
it went like this a really cute chinese girl started liking me,flirted with me,at first I just wanted to get away,but she was so funny and had this really cute way about her and she cornered me so I had to say yes,we were going to hang out later,but then I was too shy to talk with her because she was always around other people,so I waited until lunch and invited her to eat with me in the canteen,because there were less people who I knew in the canteen its more open also,we would be more alone,I wanted to talk a bit then ask for her number,she answered me:
_But that is too far!
I said:
_so you dont want to go?
She said:
_I will go tomorrow.

Ok then,but I am thinking wow am I not worth walking until just over there?
But I tried not to judge much,not being discriminating,but chinese girls sometimes have some behaviours that I quite dont understand lol.
Later someone told me that she was married,I asked her and she said yes but that they dont have anything anymore,but it was late I lost all the will to do anything,later she asked for my phone number,we exchanged numbers,but I didnt call her,the other day she asked me to comunicate/talk more,than later asked me to go with her to a restaurant(everybody from work were going),but I declined,a few days later she hooked up with the local "player",thats it.

Boby

Actually, that date was the trigger for this depression I'm in right now, and it's been pretty severe. Thanks, jerk -___-

Now,now let's not be rude,human's are experts in hurting others without even noticing ,I'm sure he didn't wanted to hurt you.

At Uni I dated a guy from Newcastle a couple of times. He had a Geordie accent, which I loooooove. It never got to anything serious, but on our 4th or 5th date we went to a pub for a couple of drinks. I wasn't drunk, but I'd had a pint of beer so wasn't completely sober either. He told me he wanted to join the navy, and so I started singing 'In the Navyyyyyyy' and okay perhaps my voice was a little louder than it should have been.
Shortly after that he decided it was time to end the date (we'd only been there an hour) and I never heard from him again.
A great date.

Well that was a jerk ,I don't understand what was so wrong about your behavior.

I never been on date,maybe because in my country dating is a bit less popular,courtships is usually takes from 10 min to a few hours lol

MikeyC

I haven't really "dated" ever, but I did go out for dinner with my ex the day before we broke up. That was easily one of the most awkward meals I've ever had. I cringe thinking about it.

Silatuyok

Oh god, I KNOW I have bad date stories, but I think I've repressed all those memories. I'll have to think about it and get back to you.

There was one time when I spontaneously bought two tickets to the symphony, with the optimistic hope that I could find a date by the time I needed it. I had JUST met my current boyfriend, and didn't feel right asking him to the symphony so soon, so instead I asked my ex-boyfriend to go with me. I got all dolled up and went to pick him up, and he was wearing jeans. That would have been forgivable, except that he got in the car and he was DRUNK. We went to dinner and I had to keep going to the bathroom to cry because I was so insulted. After dinner someone stopped us on the street to tell us what a cute couple we were. I cried all during the symphony, and he either was too drunk to notice or just pretended not to. When I dropped him off at his apartment he tried to put the moves on me and asked me to come up to his apartment.
That was the last time I ever saw him.

MikeyC

There was one time when I spontaneously bought two tickets to the symphony, with the optimistic hope that I could find a date by the time I needed it. I had JUST met my current boyfriend, and didn't feel right asking him to the symphony so soon, so instead I asked my ex-boyfriend to go with me. I got all dolled up and went to pick him up, and he was wearing jeans. That would have been forgivable, except that he got in the car and he was DRUNK. We went to dinner and I had to keep going to the bathroom to cry because I was so insulted. After dinner someone stopped us on the street to tell us what a cute couple we were. I cried all during the symphony, and he either was too drunk to notice or just pretended not to. When I dropped him off at his apartment he tried to put the moves on me and asked me to come up to his apartment.
Oh, wow. What a loser. ::(:

MrJones

Oh god, I KNOW I have bad date stories, but I think I've repressed all those memories. I'll have to think about it and get back to you.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Marie ::(:

Srijita52

Wow that's awful. I'm sorry you had to go through it.

Boby

Haha that was funny,but I meant that here guys go straight into action if you know what I mean:cool:.I remember I was at party a few years back and there was a girl who was flirting with me ,well I didn't ignored her ,I talked to her but didn't do anything in particular.Next day I met with some guys that were at the party too, only to tell me I'm a loser because I didn't made a move on her and didn't had sex with her:eek:,I mean wtf I knew her for like 30 min or so...wtf??

I don't have any since I never been on a real date before.

But I have a friend who told me hers and I still remember the story. It's quite funny:

This guy she's known for about a month asked her to a restaurant once. And she accepted since they had chemistry between them. While they were at the restaurant seated by the window they see two police cruisers outside. As the policemen approached the door of the restaurant, he pushed back his chair and said "Excuse me for a moment", and gets up and jolts out of the back door at like 100 miles per hour. He books it and doesn't come back. She was stuck paying.

haha. I hope this one day never happens to me.

Oh, wow. That is one interesting date.