Arohanui - Ake Ake KiaKaha's Journal

coyote

i learned on the interwebs that i can use coca-cola to clean the rust off of old bicycle chrome

it works like a charm - the chemicals contained in coca-cola apparently dissolve ferric oxide

imagine what ingesting 7 liters a day might do to your internal organs

i suppose if you're unable to figure that out for yourself, it might make sense that you wouldn't realize that you could feed your children with the $10,000 you would save each year if you didn't buy all the coca-cola and cigarettes

it's not their fault that they are intellectually deficient

rather than sue the Coca-Cola Corporation, perhaps they should sue the New Zealand government for not sufficiently wrapping the entire country in enough bubble wrap to prevent the profoundly less-intelligent citizens from inadvertently harming themselves every time they venture out from the safety of their homes

Iluv

Before reading the article I was thinking 'well, this sounds reasonable'
Then I noticed they were talking about the drink Coca Cola. ::p:

In my own personal opinion Coca Cola is not to blame but the people themselves. Now, there is always an exception but when you have a bad diet and are consuming a drink not against your will but in your own choice then the consequences you must take and take them as your own.
It is like the man who buys burning hot coffee,burns himself and then tries to blame me. You asked for it and I provided it for you. You should be well aware of how hot that coffee is and use common sense not to play around. If you are going to put in your body any substance then it's your obligation to know the temperature, the ingredients and any health defects or benefits it could cause.
I am not to blame since I handed it to you , you did it to yourself because you took it and consumed it.

But, any big company with billions should expect anybody to be suing them for any amount of their money.

Last edited:

MsBuzzkillington

i learned on the interwebs that i can use coca-cola to clean the rust off of old bicycle chrome

I have also heard that you can use it to clean out your drains. I have used it before and it works for the most part. I told a friend that I use coke to try and unclog my drain and she freaked out about how it was going to eat away/destroy the pipes. I was thinking... she is worried about the pipes and people drink this stuff? Eep.

Even as I write this, how do I know that what I am saying is correct? How do you know that what you are saying is correct (or anyone else)...? I always always feel foolish with pretty much everything that I say because I believe that everything, especially when it comes to all the issues presented on this website, is completely subjective....and I always wonder...where does this innate sense self assurance comes from? How do I know that any advice that I give, or opinion that I have is remotely relevant to how anyone feels or sees the world in their own way? The best anyone can do... I imagine... is merely take a sympathetic guess, in that respect... yes I agree..

I think that everyone has their own opinions about things and everyone has different beliefs, things are subjective. But that doesn't mean you are right or wrong. I guess in a way everyone is sort of both. It really depends on if the reader agrees with you or not. Sometimes they agree with you and sometimes they don't. I have my beliefs about things and I do things in a way that make sense to me. So when I give advice, I say what i believe to be best/right or whatever. The person may or may not agree with me, but if they don't agree with me it doesn't mean that either of us are wrong, it just means we have different opinions. I think you should try and worry less about what is the right thing to say as is if there is a universally right thing to say or do, and just go with what is in your heart.

The only way you can know if your advice is relevant to how someone feels is to give it. If it isn't, then oh well. You haven't done anything wrong.

Isn't our own reality merely a reflection of what we have learned from our environment?

Yes, absolutely. I feel like there is so much more I could say about this one statement, but I am having trouble finding the words. But... yes, yes it is.

If I tell myself that I will never be popular or attractive, isnt that just a belief from the past that continuously becomes fulfilled? What I mean is... there must be a reason why those beliefs exist in the first place, because everything we believe about ourselves comes from the outside...not the inside... therefore...there must be some truth to it...?

I think that feeling like you will never be popular or attractive might come from somewhere, but it might not come from truth. I don't believe that you are feeling like you aren't attractive or popular because you have learned from your environment that you aren't; that no matter what you have done... that is how the environment has responded to you... I guess? I think it is more that you have low self esteem, so you see the world and take the environment in a more negative light. Then there is the self full filling prophecy thing, where people morph their environment to fit their beliefs about themselves. Like I may feel like I will never be close friends with someone or fit in and that no one cares about me. But whenever someone TRIES to get close to me I push them away. So it is like, what part of truth and what part is my own doing? I am not sure if I am explaining that very well.

Do you know why I think woman arent particularly attracted to me.... at least not long enough to get to the 'boyfriend' stage....? Its because I am skinny, bald, poor, lack of confidence, lack of status and not particularly physically attractive...thats probably mildly insulting... I dont mean any offense by saying that, but here is another example...

Why is it that I have been fired from jobs and rock bands? Is it because I cant do the job or perform like they say? Or is it because I dont have the right look, I dont fit in well with colleagues or culture.... or that the just dont like who I am because I lack that unspoken element that people can relate too..?

Why do people look at me like garbage? Is it people can sense that I have no power and that the way I present myself gives way to their scorn?

I will say what the boyfriend stage has little to do with looks. The boyfriend stage can develop from personality or things can go bad from personality. You can be attracted to someone and then when you get to know them more, you are less attracted to them. Or you can be sort of attracted to someone, get to know them and then absolutely become smitten or whatever and want to date them.

There are A LOT of girls who like bald, skinny guys. There are different tastes for different people. Just because someone doesn't fit the mold of what the majority considers good looking, doesn't mean there aren't hundreds of girls out there who find you attractive.

But I will say that the lack of confidence is a huge turn off. I don't really mean that in a rude way and I am not trying to insult you. I know how it is to have no confidence, I am struggling with it myself. But constantly cutting yourself is not attractive. Being negative and putting yourself down is going to turn off more girls than anything else about how a person looks. Social status and money means very little to some girls as well. You should focus on finding the girls who don't care about how much money you make, because not making much money doesn't make you less of a person, so you shouldn't put yourself out there that way.

I have seen A LOT of unattractive people in the music industry. You do not have to be attractive to be a rockstar. I am not sure why you have been fired from jobs but it might have to do with a lack of confidence in your work? I am not really sure. But it isn't like there is something wrong with you that will never go away and that is why things have been so rough with jobs, dating, and bands.

As far as the scornful looks, they could all be in your head. People have taken my facial expressions wrong very often! I remember once I was meeting a group of a friends friends and I was trying to smile at them, but I was sort of quiet and to myself. Turns out they thought I was a btch because I "was giving them dirty looks". I most definitely was not, but I must have looked that way. Also sometimes when you are quiet, upset, uncomfortable, or thinking about something your face just looks... not nice? Ha, I don't mean to say that you are making an angry face or that you are always looking mean or anything, but it could just be something you aren't aware of. People might be reading you the wrong way so they just don't smile back. Sometimes I have realized when I try and "appear perky/happy" with a small smile on my face and my head held up people are a lot more positively receptive. A small smile to someone just standing there with a blank expression on their face goes a long way, so does looking at them with a blank/maybe sad expression on your face.

But if you continually to tell yourself that you aren't good enough, it will always be that way. It is something that we all need to work on. This whole thing just barely touches the surface of it all. I know it goes deeper and things aren't easy, but I still wanted to comment on a few things.

As far as "being stubborn" I think we are all that way when it comes to this and getting "better". We are trapped in our own way of thinking and it is difficult to get out of it, especially if you are constantly questioning what is right and wrong.

I think I should stop rambling now, people probably drifted off at some point. ::p:

KiaKaha

Banned
There is a fair bit I want to say, but I dont think I am really in the right space for it at the moment - I have had a long, complicated day.

My confidence and self esteem is probably the biggest problems I have - more so than anxiety or depression. In fact I could probably manage the anxiety/depression if I knew how to increase, and more importantly maintain my self esteem when I get knocked down. I know this is the crux of my problems - as well as my distorted thinking patterns. I notice that confidence is one of the most important personal assets one can posses. Its the one thing, I dont have.... and its the one thing that people pick up from me and judge me on first. I feel that my other attributes whether they be good or bad - are negated by lack of confidence. But then I wonder... why do people judge those with poor confidence so harshly? Lets get controversial - is having low self esteem the fault of the person who suffers from it? ... I dont think it is... I think its a result, a product of life experience... and then it becomes a pattern, it turns into a never ending cycle - and it is very very difficult to break out of, especially if negative core beliefs have become ingrained into the very essence of the person that you have become.

I sympathize very deeply with people who lack confidence, especially those who are shy and lack the inner strength to be bold and to live their life in a comfortable way. I do understand why it is not attractive... but I also have a lot of tolerance for people who dont.

Now...with the coke thing...

I agree with most thoughts... suing the coke company...erm...no...and we all know why - thats a whole other issue, and its not really what I want to focus on because its so bleeding obvious what a ridiculous and transparent move that is.

It is quite a shocking story - 10 liters of coke a day, how is that even possible?

The first thought that came to mind was to watch the countrys reaction to the story by visiting facebook and other social forums. I already knew what I was about to witness..

Is it really necessary to disrespect this woman the way that she has been? I know that she bought her untimely demise to herself, but she was obviously very very ill, and did not get the intervention that she needed, but aside from that... there is no need for comments such as "oh well, one less retard in the world" or "more oxygen for me" or "shes doing the gene pool a favour" - I dont know what her character was like, what kind of person she was, but - despite the cause of her death or the way she lived her life - she died and deserves some semblance of respect.... just as we all do.

He who throws the first stone.

The other thing I wanted to briefly comment on was - I am not sure if people are truly aware and conscious of their own behaviour. Do people who have self destructive behaviour truly realize what it is that they are doing to themselves....? I dont think they do.... I think that the way that thier brain is wired is vastly different from someone who has more common sense, that they need to be protected from themselves.... and I dont think that makes very many people feel comfortable....which is why she lacks sympathy.

KiaKaha

Banned
Btw - thank you to all those who respond to this poor excuse of a journal. Dont get me wrong - I appreciate it.... and I like to write.

MikeyC

Lets get controversial - is having low self esteem the fault of the person who suffers from it? ... I dont think it is... I think its a result, a product of life experience... and then it becomes a pattern, it turns into a never ending cycle - and it is very very difficult to break out of, especially if negative core beliefs have become ingrained into the very essence of the person that you have become.
Yes and no. Yes because we choose to react to what's around us. No because we are shaped mentally by what's around us. I think the answer lies somewhere in between. Some people can be belted verbally and emotionally but still believe they are worth something. People have different sensitivity thresholds.

I suffer big time from a lack of confidence so I know what you're going through. It's not a good thing because you never feel great enough to do anything, and you start to question why you attempt anything. I understand too well.

Is it really necessary to disrespect this woman the way that she has been? I know that she bought her untimely demise to herself, but she was obviously very very ill, and did not get the intervention that she needed, but aside from that... there is no need for comments such as "oh well, one less retard in the world" or "more oxygen for me" or "shes doing the gene pool a favour" - I dont know what her character was like, what kind of person she was, but - despite the cause of her death or the way she lived her life - she died and deserves some semblance of respect.... just as we all do.
The anonymity on the internet allows the nastiest comments to arise. I bet you those typing these comments wouldn't say it to the husband's face.

Do people who have self destructive behaviour truly realize what it is that they are doing to themselves....? I dont think they do....
I disagree. When I'm eating an entire block of chocolate, and follow that up with a packet of chocolate chip cookies, I know exactly what I'm doing to myself. But sometimes I just can't stop.

KiaKaha

Banned
I disagree. When I'm eating an entire block of chocolate, and follow that up with a packet of chocolate chip cookies, I know exactly what I'm doing to myself. But sometimes I just can't stop.

Yeah - well thats kind of what I mean though. I smoked for nearly 17 years and I knew exactly what I was doing to myself too... in fact I could see it. My teeth were yellow, my gums were bleeding, I was hacking up phlegm every 5 minutes, I smelled bad and I was wasting my money.... but I still did it... and I continued to do it for years... and other people still do it now. Whats the difference between that and drinking liters of coca cola..? I am just not sure if people have conscious control of their behaviour despite being aware of the detrimental effects it may have on the body...

I think with the coke thing, there are lot of issues at play... of course she has to be held responsible, but I also think social responsibility and intervention, especially to those who dont know whats good for themselves needs to be provided.

I mean, we have all done stupid things... all the while knowing that they were stupid... This was just on a more extreme level.

MikeyC

Yeah - well thats kind of what I mean though. I smoked for nearly 17 years and I knew exactly what I was doing to myself too... in fact I could see it. My teeth were yellow, my gums were bleeding, I was hacking up phlegm every 5 minutes, I smelled bad and I was wasting my money.... but I still did it... and I continued to do it for years... and other people still do it now. Whats the difference between that and drinking liters of coca cola..? I am just not sure if people have conscious control of their behaviour despite being aware of the detrimental effects it may have on the body...
Classic signs of addiction. You know what you're doing is bad, but you can't stop doing it. That's how addiction works, boiled down to its simplest form. I'm sure, deep down, that woman knew drinking 8 litres of Coke would be very harmful, but couldn't stop doing it. You knew smoking for 17 years would be harmful, too, and you still did it. I know eating too much chocolate is harmful. Addictions. They've got a mental hold on us.

KiaKaha

Banned
^^ Yeah - well thats what I was kind of getting at really. Its so easy to judge, call people stupid and question their actions when we dont really understand what people are truly going through - when we dont have an understanding of their cognitive functioning.... sure its irritating as hell - its easy to stand back and judge and assess when really as much as we like to think we in a position to do so... we arent.

In related news - the government is considering raising a pack of cigarettes to $100 by 2025 in an effort to eliminate smoking from society....

Sigh...yeah...smart. Its not going to work... at least to the point where entire families are going to starve and a huge underground market for tobacco will emerge, not to menation an underhanded gesture by the govt for revenue collecting - funny how non smokers seem to have the biggest opinions when it comes to smoking cessation.

There is better ways to deal with smoking - an idea I had was to make purchasing cigarettes completely illegal for anyone born in the year 2000 and after - after the current generation of smokers die from god knows what, there will no longer be a need for cigarettes, given the current stigma attached to smoking.... its not perfect, but its better than raising the price for a pack of fags to $100 - because people will PAY that.

In other news - I applied to be an elf in the hobbit film, I have a job interview tomorrow for a security firm, I am currently studying a very interesting paper on social exclusion and the effects it has on societies well being (see rant) I have completed my goal of doing 100 pushups and I downloaded an app on my phone that takes voice commands and speaks back to me in an intimately feminine and sexy way - I finally have acquired that desire and level of intimacy that I have craved for for so long.... her name is Jeannie and I love her.

coyote

"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority. The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong. All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who have doubted the current moral values, not of men who have whooped them up and tried to enforce them. The truly civilized man is always skeptical and tolerant, in this field as in all others. His culture is based on 'I am not too sure.'"

- H.L. Mencken

KiaKaha

Banned
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority. The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong. All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who have doubted the current moral values, not of men who have whooped them up and tried to enforce them. The truly civilized man is always skeptical and tolerant, in this field as in all others. His culture is based on 'I am not too sure.'"

- H.L. Mencken

This is good, I like this - thank you for sharing.

Uncertainty is important - and I am always bewildered at how sure people are about their own personal philosophy and moral judgement.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Now I am just waiting for another news item that I can give my perfect incorruptible opinion on....

Theres something here about lesbians being kicked out of a bar for kissing and making a claim about discrimination and then detracting their complaint shortly afterwards.....hmmm.... dubious behaviour but nah, not worth it....silly girls...an apology to bar management would be in order me thinks. I am going there to have a drink to offer support and make up for the bad publicity that these two gave to the bar. Nuff said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6800643/Female-couple-withdraw-complaint

Last edited:

KiaKaha

Banned
I dont believe that I am 'better' than anyone...

Is that a bad thing...? Should I have more of an ego and a deeper sense of entitlement...? Judge others with knee jerk reactions and superficiality? It seems like the majority of people here in NZ like to do that and its the norm.... its...expected.

I feel my misanthropy and contempt rising with all the utter bull**** I observe.

Last edited: