Arohanui - Ake Ake KiaKaha's Journal

MikeyC

Yeah... I can feel it. I can compare it - I see the way people react to me, and how they react to others and its not the same.... its hard to explain. That whole wall of text is just.... the equivalent of white noise.

I got it sorted. Stay in touch and I will hold you up for at least one night.
I don't think it's happening, but you seem to think differently.

Cool, man. We'll probably have to talk over Facebook about it, but that's good to know. :)

KiaKaha

Banned
I don't think it's happening, but you seem to think differently.

Cool, man. We'll probably have to talk over Facebook about it, but that's good to know. :)

I dont think anyone can truly know how another person really feels.
I know how all of it sounds - I know that it probably doesnt make any sense and people cant understand why I think like this.

I just dont feel like I really matter to anybody. If I died tomorrow, no one would even blink.

Anyway - sorry mikey, you are always so nice to me. Like I say - be in touch, I will give you a roof and a bite to eat when you get here.

Last edited:

coyote

from my perspective, reading your posts and others' reactions to them, and your interaction with other members, I don't agree with your assessment of how well received or accepted you are by others on the forum

this leads me to wonder just what your expectations are that don't seem to be getting met

perhaps analyzing these expectations to determine their origin and validity will help you feel better about your place in the world

i guess that's what i would do

hope to talk to you soon - i enjoy hearing your opinions

twiggle

Anyway - I am going to leave SPW for a while. I need time out. I keep trying to get away, but it lures me back, mostly because of my lack of real life socialization, and because it enables me to vent and express myself, which I feel I cannot do in the real world.

I think with forums like this its important to ascertain an appropriate amount of time, or depth of emotional investment, that we put into it. It's a great forum and it's very useful but when all is said and done - it's the internet, and it's how we behave in real life that needs to be our main focus. So I can understand your wanting to take a break for a while. As Mikey said, you've got to do what feels right for you. But... come back, ok? ::p:

I get the feeling, that I am quite bland and uninteresting... I just get the feeling that people see me as a bit of a joke, and I need to avoid feeling like that because I can feel it in myself that I am just going to get more and more wound up as time goes on.

As somebody who feels the same way about myself, I know that no amount of people telling you that it's not true is going to make you believe it isn't. Our mind has been conditioned into thinking that nobody really likes us. I think it's even harder on the internet, because you can't tell the tones of messages sometimes. It's much easier to tell what people really think in real life, where you can see facial expressions and sense meanings more easily. Spend some time gaining confidence in real life social situations and then the new confidence will transfer over to internet social situations too.

I think people, just dont really see anything particularly viable within me to bother with... merely undesirable. There is always...always someone better.

Everybody has people who are better than them in every single way. But there's only one YOU. When people like other people, it's for the whole package, everything that makes them who they are. Everybody has flaws. Everybody has strengths. It's not a game of trumps in which the one who has a bigger amount of charisma is more desirable than the one without. Those figures don't matter. It's about YOU and how you connect with others, and you seem to connect with many others on here. Mikey is even going to visit you, I'd feel so honoured if somebody from here came to see me ::p:

Even right now, as I type - I feel like a total idiot, I imagining that people all over the world who have bothered to read this far is thinking "this guy is total idiot - he has no idea about anything" or "get over yourself"

Personally I'm thinking, 'how anybody who cares and gives so much to others, feels this low about himself, is very upsetting'

So anyway - I just need some distance. I need to be more selfish, more uncaring and to conform - to play the game to fit in, and not cause a fuss. To let the man grab me by the shoulders and give me what for.

I am going to leave for a while, sort my life out. Get some money, get laid - and generally be indifferent about other people - because look how far caring has gotten me so far....

Do what you feel you must, but never change who you are as a person. Never change your morals and values to 'fit in'. You'll only end up feeling more confused, and disappointed in yourself for giving in.

You're a really good guy, Kia. Take a break as you need to, but don't be gone forever. You offer a great opinion on these boards. It's not always an opinion I fully agree with at first but as I said to you once before, when you explain your reasons for your opinion, I always find myself nodding in agreement behind the computer.

Take care and come back soon :)

Feathers

Yeah, take a break if you must, and then come back to tell us all about it! :)

We want reports when Mikey comes to visit too!! (And pics?? On FB? :))

You have many friends on this forum and all over the world - if you feel the need for some RL, by all means - go ahead with it... (I've taken a break from the forums at times too... I do think people here made me see people in RL differently though - I think, 'Hey is this person maybe shy?' when I meet someone new or see strangers across the room-??)

So please don't think you gotta change '100%' just maybe some small changes... Maybe let people in RL see the 'assertive' macho side if needs be, but please don't become 100% macho jerk you might THINK they want you to be - okay? :)

Wishing you good luck in RL!

KiaKaha

Banned
Today marks the end of MikeyC's visit to New Zealand - it has been a pleasure meeting, accomodating and showing Michael around Wellington city, despite the weather not being the greatest....and with our limited resources. A combined effort between me and Aletheia.... and in my humble opinion I think we both did quite well.

Right now he will be back on his way to Sydney - its kind of sad to know that I probably wont see him again for quite some time, but I enjoyed the experience while he was here and have made a new friend in the process.

Man you guys should have seen how much we gossiped about y'all on SPW....

If you think Mikey is a nice guy on the forum, wait to get you to meet him in the real world....

Kia Kaha E haere ra Mikey - it was a pleasure and I hope you enjoyed your trip.

Srijita52

Today marks the end of MikeyC's visit to New Zealand - it has been a pleasure meeting, accomodating and showing Michael around Wellington city, despite the weather not being the greatest....and with our limited resources. A combined effort between me and Aletheia.... and in my humble opinion I think we both did quite well.

Right now he will be back on his way to Sydney - its kind of sad to know that I probably wont see him again for quite some time, but I enjoyed the experience while he was here and have made a new friend in the process.

If you think Mikey is a nice guy on the forum, wait to get you to meet him in the real world....

Wow that's just awesome! I'm so glad all of you had a great time :) I can't wait to hear everything from Mikey as well. Btw I reaaally want to see the pictures.

Phoenixx

Awesome to hear, Kia! So glad (and slightly jealous ;)) you all got to meet!

...Wait. I wasn't included in that SPW gossip, was I? ::p:

MrJones

I'm planning a trip to Australia this summer, can't wait to meet Mikey =D

So glad it all went to well :)

Gossip? About me? What? What did you say? D:
Joking :D

twiggle

This is awesome, I'm so glad it all went smooth and I guess it shows the power of SPW ;)
Particularly liking the bit in bold but can't say I'm surprised by it either ::p:
I agree with Srijita, you've got to show the pics!
And with regards to the gossip...lol reminds me of meeting with Volt and having what would otherwise have sounded like a regular conversation but with random usernames thrown in hahahaha

MikeyC

Thank you for the lovely words, Kia. :) It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, and Aletheia, too. What a wonderful 3 days.

As for pictures, I might upload some, but nothing too incriminating. Haha.

KiaKaha

Banned
...Wait. I wasn't included in that SPW gossip, was I? ::p:

Of course... oh the things we said...! :eek:

Actually everyone that has responded so far was mentioned, as well as many more... all good things naturally.... and it was mostly about how we would all like to meet everyone on the forum... SPW was a natural part of the conversation considering thats how we all met.

But gossip aside - good experience. I wish I had the means to do more travelling. Well done for making it happen Mikey. I only have one pic to share if I can get my camera to work properly.

KiaKaha

Banned
OK - here is the only pic I took during the visit.

2jfahbs.jpg

There are more, but not on my camera. Mikey will have to provide...